or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 198

post #2956 of 3695

I'll just quote google translate word salad...it's a head melt translation I know, which is why I tried to extract the main gist of the mod at first....it is $150 for the modded E12. Warranty invalidated obviously.

 

""Details behind Modify Ver. (By xxxxxxxxxxxx).
When captured, Mamoru FiiO E12 ...

It is enough feedback, we have to solve it for you. A mellow blend E12 is not good. Technique called tonal languages balance (balanced audio) without measuring it. Ears, we judge this song. People will listen to everyone Senses. If you then it is against the natural sounds we've heard it will be felt immediately. Yes, this is it contrary E12. Lack of continuity in some frequency to (probably dropped to the noise filter).

Input starts at the WIMA capacitor proud of the distortion. But at least some noise Adds high value, it can not because they do not produce. Be noted that other models were put out E12 4.7 to 2.2 because of the pressure.
So we put a electrolite non-polar capacitor. Hey ... Electrolite sucks! Technically yes But it's a different story. Even in headphone amp. From experience, I think it sounds better than the Broad Stage in harmony soft timing detail in tranches not compete with the speed of the device is the deity specification excellence.

The second issue capacitor power supply. I dismantled the smd is smooth, then took the plain to reduce centreline.

The third module adjusts the Buffer from 110Mhz to 18Mhz.

This makes it sound .... it changed to another one amp (really).

Voice behind Mo ...
What is missing, or have any comments to improve it. Particularly harmonious flow Listen Audiophile more Gently pitched a no-hitter as promiscuous and also go a long way up (a little) deeper bass than the bass heavy music not callousness stage surrounded thicker than the original singer's voice sound sweet and smooth.
"""


Edited by Lohb - 6/18/14 at 8:16pm
post #2957 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Also the two jumpers from pin 1 to 3 on each of the LME49600's to switch it into high BW mode.

Now if he only had a secret stash of Black Gate's...

High BW mode, just incase one wishes to listen to radio stations.

post #2958 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

High BW mode, just incase one wishes to listen to radio stations.


OK you two cryptic circuit gurus.... I guess in plain English this is a badly implemented E12 mod upgrade kit.

post #2959 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohb View Post


OK you two cryptic circuit gurus.... I guess in plain English this is a badly implemented E12 mod upgrade kit.
I wouldn't say badly implemented, $150 for a handful of standard capacitors is not worth the money.

If the switch from 110MHz to 180MHz on the buffers was that much better then FiiO would have done it at the factory. I am not sure of the exact application of the high BW mode but I doubt it is for audio.

The best mods anyone can do is to pick up an E12 DIY and play away, if you look at the poll in the DIY thread, the stock opamp and buffer that the regular E12 comes with gets the highest votes for sound quality.

Now if buddy in Thailand offered to move the bass boost frequency and make it switchable off of the crossfeed switch after the crossfeed was disabled, then that might be a useful mod to some...
post #2960 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

High BW mode, just incase one wishes to listen to radio stations.
Vis a long enough line ve can get Radio Free Moscow, komrade!
post #2961 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Vis a long enough line ve can get Radio Free Moscow, komrade!

Does the mod entail quad conversion and a crystal filter IF? For $150, I'll be expecting more than just a few caps, jumper wires and a label.

My ICOM R7 hasn't seen an electron in decades.


Edited by StanD - 6/19/14 at 4:53am
post #2962 of 3695

Hi all,

 

Long time reader...first time poster.  I'm slowly gaining the confidence to enter the world of audiophile discussion.  Of course, the reason I post is because I have an issue.  Apologies if this has been covered, but this thread is pretty huge.

 

I used to use my Mont Blanc with an iPhone, which was great because they actually make an OTG cable for that.  I've switched to Android (more storage, more customization...it's just better) but it's really bugging me that I have to go through the headphone jack.  I've seen some debate on whether or not you can get any USB audio out at all...if there is I really want to take advantage of it.  Any recommendations on OTG cables that might work?  I've got a Micro USB 3.0 to female USB that was confirmed to work with the phone just based on its reviews and a male USB to 3.5mm audio that doesn't work (I kinda knew it wouldn't but it was cheap, so I thought what the hell). 

 

Any thoughts?

post #2963 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post

Hi all,

Long time reader...first time poster.  I'm slowly gaining the confidence to enter the world of audiophile discussion.  Of course, the reason I post is because I have an issue.  Apologies if this has been covered, but this thread is pretty huge.

I used to use my Mont Blanc with an iPhone, which was great because they actually make an OTG cable for that.  I've switched to Android (more storage, more customization...it's just better) but it's really bugging me that I have to go through the headphone jack.  I've seen some debate on whether or not you can get any USB audio out at all...if there is I really want to take advantage of it.  Any recommendations on OTG cables that might work?  I've got a Micro USB 3.0 to female USB that was confirmed to work with the phone just based on its reviews and a male USB to 3.5mm audio that doesn't work (I kinda knew it wouldn't but it was cheap, so I thought what the hell). 

Any thoughts?
You can't connect e12 via USB. It's a pure amp. You would need something like e18, which is a combined dac/amp.
post #2964 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdict View Post


You can't connect e12 via USB. It's a pure amp. You would need something like e18, which is a combined dac/amp.

And then he'd need the Lightning CCK cable to connect his iPhone to the E18. If he has an older iPhone then he'd need a 30 pin CCK solution.

post #2965 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

And then he'd need the Lightning CCK cable to connect his iPhone to the E18. If he has an older iPhone then he'd need a 30 pin CCK solution.
Not needed as he switched to Android.
post #2966 of 3695
Thanks for the replies. In a nutshell I need the micro usb 3 version of this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N6ZAT2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1403303771&sr=8-1

If it can't happen, it can't happen though.
post #2967 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post

Thanks for the replies. In a nutshell I need the micro usb 3 version of this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N6ZAT2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1403303771&sr=8-1

If it can't happen, it can't happen though.
That is really not how it works there is no USB to TRS cable... You need DAC/AMP like the FiiO E07K, E17 or E18 to use an OTG USB cable with your phone. I suggest you have a look through the Android / DAC thread on here (can't link for you on mobile) just do a search. Then you can decide if it is all worth it or not as some connections require a passive USB hub and external power source to work...

Or you could just get an X3 for your music and use the phone as a phone... biggrin.gif
Edited by TrollDragon - 6/20/14 at 4:46pm
post #2968 of 3695
Also try to understand that a usb will transfer a digital signal, not analog.
post #2969 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdict View Post

You can't connect e12 via USB. It's a pure amp. You would need something like e18, which is a combined dac/amp.
What he said^
You want an E18.
post #2970 of 3695

Thanks again, guys.  Like I said, I'm just recently getting into the technical side of being an audiophile.  Until last year I just couldn't afford buying any extra stuff...now I'm trying to plan out my home system.  Portable comes first, though, since that's how I listen to most of my music..but clearly I still have a lot to learn.

 

I'm going to check out the e18...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!