Is that why they call it red?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC or portable amp for Etymotic ER-4S? Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for Sub-$200 IEM with a Few Requirements Last post on 1/19/15 at 4:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) Last post on Today at 1:54 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO X3K Last post on Today at 2:18 am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and... - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Black and Blue and Red all over is the guy whose wife found out how much he's spent on headphones, Amps and DACs.
Hi first post here! I think my Fiio e12 volume is not working the amp is not very loud at max volume 0 gain, about as loud as an ipod or zune. From what I've been reading It should be plenty loud at 11o'clock - 12o'clock. I'm using martin logan m90 (26 Ohms)
Thanks for the fast reply. I should of stated that the source volume is at max. Everything sounds great. I thought it was going to be louder. I think the volume nob might not be working right
Edited by badbat - 3/31/14 at 3:03pm
Helpful info, please, guys! Thoroughly read his posts before jumping the gun. He should not have to put it on high gain for the Mikros M90s!
Get a replacement, my friend. Something isn't right if you say your source is at max volume, and the E12 is at max volume with the Mikros....
I don't know what sensitivity the Martin Logan M90 rates, in fact I don't know much about the ML M90s at all (ML makes headphones too?), but my E12 can drive everything from my EarPods to my K712 Pros to deafening levels (literally). That said, my 5th gen iPod can drive my 50 Ohm Koss KSC75s louder than I'm comfortable listening to.
Everything means other phones from your collection? Did you/do yiu hear any static while turning the pot/knob? Do you hear the difference when you use gain,BB CF switches though low volume? Did you notice this issue all of a sudden while active listening or the other way? Hope you didnt drop it facing volume knob hittin the floor?
finally, hows the charging and discharging status of the Amp,normal?
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 second ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 33 seconds ago
- › Hava CAL! 100$ to replace it. Is denon d1100 ok? Or maybe kingston... 36 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 40 seconds ago
- › Alessandro ms1-2009 version at us$ 160 ? Good deal ? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 2 minutes ago
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 4 minutes ago
- › Nad D Range 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)