Is that why they call it red?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free Last post on Today at 7:11 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X1 2nd gen Review World Tour Starts Right Now, don't miss your chance! Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:49pm in Portable Source Gear
- About the touch wheel on X1 2nd gen --by James Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:58am in FiiO
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Black and Blue and Red all over is the guy whose wife found out how much he's spent on headphones, Amps and DACs.
Hi first post here! I think my Fiio e12 volume is not working the amp is not very loud at max volume 0 gain, about as loud as an ipod or zune. From what I've been reading It should be plenty loud at 11o'clock - 12o'clock. I'm using martin logan m90 (26 Ohms)
Thanks for the fast reply. I should of stated that the source volume is at max. Everything sounds great. I thought it was going to be louder. I think the volume nob might not be working right
Edited by badbat - 3/31/14 at 3:03pm
Helpful info, please, guys! Thoroughly read his posts before jumping the gun. He should not have to put it on high gain for the Mikros M90s!
Get a replacement, my friend. Something isn't right if you say your source is at max volume, and the E12 is at max volume with the Mikros....
I don't know what sensitivity the Martin Logan M90 rates, in fact I don't know much about the ML M90s at all (ML makes headphones too?), but my E12 can drive everything from my EarPods to my K712 Pros to deafening levels (literally). That said, my 5th gen iPod can drive my 50 Ohm Koss KSC75s louder than I'm comfortable listening to.
Everything means other phones from your collection? Did you/do yiu hear any static while turning the pot/knob? Do you hear the difference when you use gain,BB CF switches though low volume? Did you notice this issue all of a sudden while active listening or the other way? Hope you didnt drop it facing volume knob hittin the floor?
finally, hows the charging and discharging status of the Amp,normal?
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Fiio X3ii 2nd Gen 36 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 36 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 38 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 59 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Ground isolation and clean power for my iDSD Nano 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear