Is that why they call it red?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 6:32 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application Megathread Last post on Today at 5:52 am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...?? Last post on 5/9/15 at 2:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Phone-Bluetooth-Amp-Earbuds Last post on 2/16/15 at 10:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Black and Blue and Red all over is the guy whose wife found out how much he's spent on headphones, Amps and DACs.
Hi first post here! I think my Fiio e12 volume is not working the amp is not very loud at max volume 0 gain, about as loud as an ipod or zune. From what I've been reading It should be plenty loud at 11o'clock - 12o'clock. I'm using martin logan m90 (26 Ohms)
Thanks for the fast reply. I should of stated that the source volume is at max. Everything sounds great. I thought it was going to be louder. I think the volume nob might not be working right
Edited by badbat - 3/31/14 at 3:03pm
Helpful info, please, guys! Thoroughly read his posts before jumping the gun. He should not have to put it on high gain for the Mikros M90s!
Get a replacement, my friend. Something isn't right if you say your source is at max volume, and the E12 is at max volume with the Mikros....
I don't know what sensitivity the Martin Logan M90 rates, in fact I don't know much about the ML M90s at all (ML makes headphones too?), but my E12 can drive everything from my EarPods to my K712 Pros to deafening levels (literally). That said, my 5th gen iPod can drive my 50 Ohm Koss KSC75s louder than I'm comfortable listening to.
Everything means other phones from your collection? Did you/do yiu hear any static while turning the pot/knob? Do you hear the difference when you use gain,BB CF switches though low volume? Did you notice this issue all of a sudden while active listening or the other way? Hope you didnt drop it facing volume knob hittin the floor?
finally, hows the charging and discharging status of the Amp,normal?
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Telos Acoustics 4 minutes ago
- › Noob setup 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 4 minutes ago
- › Philips X2 Fidelio VS V-MODA Crossfade M-100 6 minutes ago
- › Amarra 3.0 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3