or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 155

post #2311 of 3695

If you need an amp that is protected against such things, you might want to check on this one:

 

CORDA QUICKSTEP

 

RF-noise (iPhone!!) is removed by extensive filtering of the input signal.

 

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/

post #2312 of 3695
If you put the E12 on top of / next to / within 4in of a mobile device, there's not much to do about interference noise.
post #2313 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwn View Post

If you put the E12 on top of / next to / within 4in of a mobile device, there's not much to do about interference noise.

so far my work around is to use longer line out cable and put the amp and my iPhone far away in the different pocket of my pant or jacket. Obviously it looks like a cable or fashion disaster to me :-/ cool.gif
post #2314 of 3695

I'm thinking about moving from an iPhone 5 to an iPod Classic 7th gen. so that I could use an LOD and have more space for my music. I'm just wondering if I'll seen an improvement in sound quality going that route and if it'll be anything significant?

post #2315 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWagon View Post

I'm thinking about moving from an iPhone 5 to an iPod Classic 7th gen. so that I could use an LOD and have more space for my music. I'm just wondering if I'll seen an improvement in sound quality going that route and if it'll be anything significant?
Do you have an amp yet?
post #2316 of 3695

There's a definite improvement over the sound of the iphone4 and that's including the use of an LOD. I'd think there would be a noticeable improvement over the headphone out of the iphone 5

post #2317 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Do you have an amp yet?

 

I have the e12.

post #2318 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by martybm5 View Post
 

There's a definite improvement over the sound of the iphone4 and that's including the use of an LOD. I'd think there would be a noticeable improvement over the headphone out of the iphone 5

 

Just to make it clear, I'm currently using the FiiO E12 with the 3.5mm male to male cable. I'm looking to move to a iPod Classic 7th gen and use a FiiO L9 LOD. Also wanting the extra space but I was just wondering if I'd experience a noticeable upgrade in SQ. Currently using the ATH-ES10's FYI.

 

Cheers.

post #2319 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWagon View Post
 

 

Just to make it clear, I'm currently using the FiiO E12 with the 3.5mm male to male cable. I'm looking to move to a iPod Classic 7th gen and use a FiiO L9 LOD. Also wanting the extra space but I was just wondering if I'd experience a noticeable upgrade in SQ. Currently using the ATH-ES10's FYI.

 

Cheers.

 

That's kind of what I assumed. I know its not apples to apples (I guess it sort of is) but you will definitely get better sound going LOD either way. In my opinion, the IPOD classic LOD is better than the iphone LOD (which in turn is better than the headphone out) ... 

post #2320 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by martybm5 View Post
 

 

That's kind of what I assumed. I know its not apples to apples (I guess it sort of is) but you will definitely get better sound going LOD either way. In my opinion, the IPOD classic LOD is better than the iphone LOD (which in turn is better than the headphone out) ... 

 

Cool, I appreciate the help. Looking forward to hearing the difference for myself. I needed the extra space anyway, so any increase in SQ will be a welcome bonus I suppose.

post #2321 of 3695

I use the Ipod Classic 7th gen LOD with the E12. It is a very good combo. And yes, the LOD is much better than the headphone out.

post #2322 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWagon View Post

Cool, I appreciate the help. Looking forward to hearing the difference for myself. I needed the extra space anyway, so any increase in SQ will be a welcome bonus I suppose.
I'm using the ipod classic 7th gen with the fiio e12 and that sounds just as good as my fiio x3. The ipod/E12 combo is the way to go.
post #2323 of 3695

I'm pleased to hear it! Should be going out tomorrow to get myself one. Another reason for moving to a dedicated player is that answering my phone is a bit of a hassle with a relatively large portable amp strapped to it.

post #2324 of 3695
I just got my E12/L9 (LOD) yesterday! I was already happy with my Ipod classic/UE TF10 combo but WOW!! Not a subtle maybe-I-hear-it difference. Truly outstanding! AND the E12 drives my Sennheiser HD600's effortlessly and sounds great doing it! A true giant killer!!
post #2325 of 3695

Ahh... Much better. :)

 

 

This setup also solves the problem I had with interference when using my iPhone. I'm now tempted to rip all of my music in lossless format, but maybe for a day when I'm less busy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!