Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:34 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Meet FiiO at 2017 International CES, Jan. 5-8, 2017 Last post on 1/13/17 at 7:03pm in FiiO
- FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless... Last post on Yesterday at 6:12 pm in Portable Source Gear
- FiiO's dynamic In-ear monitors F3&F1 are available with limited quantity on Aliexpress now! Last post on 12/13/16 at 1:17am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free Last post on 1/16/17 at 5:14am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 149
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^ I would not take the above comment seriously, unless I hear it from James Fiio or see measurements. What do you mean by "sounds better"? That is a rather vague term.
You should read what James Fiio said re batch 1 vs batch 2 -- they are quite different in terms of bass boost spec. ClieOS measured a batch 1 E12 and confirmed Fiio's spec. Search within this thread using key word "batch" and read James' post.
I am not sure there was batch 3 or 4, but batch 1 and 2 have different bass boost for sure. I personally don't find anything ridiculous there. Batch 2 bass boost was implemented differently to please bassheads or mass market.
Edited by zzffnn - 9/13/13 at 8:27pm
Yeah I am well aware of the v1 vs v2 differences. I own a v2 myself.
Soon we'll be seeing v5s with a +50 dB bass boost centered at around 0.5 Hz
There were >= 200 pices of V1 per James. I won't call 200 "a few". It applies to a buyer, if he knows the difference, prefers v1 and finds one. No confusion to speak of if a reader does his/her research homework.
No I won't buy your v5, I just want a v1 :-p
Edited by zzffnn - 9/13/13 at 8:38pm
If fiio is listening, I will commit right now to buy another e12 if I can get the v1 bass boost. For some reason the boost on the e11 I replaced was much more useful. I am intrigued that your batch 4 sounds better. What improvements do you hear?
Oh. Wasn't that clear you were kidding, I don't read the thread as often, but it did seem odd coming from you.
I think the "batch 4" was a joke, I mean I'm sure FiiO has continued manufacturing the amps, but they haven't made/announced significant tweaks since the beginning. I understand what you mean about your interest, but though the boost is a little different between first models and subsequent mass market, the amp as a whole ought to sound the same.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear