or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 146

post #2176 of 3695
My phone grouped that, opps.
post #2177 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

What headphones are you using? I would say go with the BH if you don't need all that power that the E12 has...

Is the C&C bh more transparent, i have a digizoid that i could run with that as well.

post #2178 of 3695

Personally, I would just stick with the Digizoid you have. None of your headohones are really power hungry so "upgrading" to the E12 would be somewhat redundant.

post #2179 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlittle879 View Post

Well the e12 is about as good a amp as a person could ask for in a digital portable amp . Its distortion level is unparalled , and 850mw is like caring a scud missle in your pocket 

but what it cant do is take a pair of 99cent earbuds and make them sound like a set of five thousand dollar headphones its an amazing amp but its not magic 

you get what you pay for . But for as not turning the gain up the power of this beast is what makes her what she is along with clearity as well as others ect..... Just dont turn the volume up 

so loud it does my cans no justice with the gain turned down . Might as well buy a new corvette and pull out four of the spark plugs and expect that V8 to really move. Just try turning the gain up

before hating on an amazing product, and NO as far as burning in a digital amplifier there are no tubes or mosfets so there is nothing to realy burn in, just micro chips and capacitors ect.....

Try getting a new set of phones if there isnt any improvement . But there wont be as warm of sound as with a tube amp , but fiio did an amazing job on this little guy for what it is !!!!

 

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

The E12 is an analog amplifier. It appears to have a switch mode power supply in it, though.

MOSFETs are really just a very specific transistor.

The microchips in the E12 are filled with transistors.

No offence, but if you beleive in burn in, then an E12 will burn in just like a MOSFET amp.

And if you don't believe in burn in, I'm cool with that too.

post #2180 of 3695
Yeah otherwise the line-out dock connection wouldn't work if it was a digital amp.
post #2181 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

The E12 is an analog amplifier. It appears to have a switch mode power supply in it, though.

MOSFETs are really just a very specific transistor.

The microchips in the E12 are filled with transistors.

No offence, but if you beleive in burn in, then an E12 will burn in just like a MOSFET amp.

And if you don't believe in burn in, I'm cool with that too.

Yes the OAMPs are ICs, but the signal itself remains analog. And about burn in, my E12 sounded harsh compared to my Meier Stepdance at first, but it has gotten better and better over around 50 hours of usage up to now. I compare quite often, like 4 times a day.

post #2182 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Yes the OAMPs are ICs, but the signal itself remains analog. And about burn in, my E12 sounded harsh compared to my Meier Stepdance at first, but it has gotten better and better over around 50 hours of usage up to now. I compare quite often, like 4 times a day.

Yep,,
Op Amps are analog amplifiers.
post #2183 of 3695

 Sorry that was directed to the guy talking bad about the E12 . I just dont like when poeple talk bad about stuff before they understand it .

Just because someone likes hybrids dont mean they should hate on super cars . That amp was just to much for the guys setup . For a portable amp she does what i need 

post #2184 of 3695

I think i got close to a hundred hours on mine and she is just as good as when i got it . I know in car audio when the digital amps came out 

they were supposed to be the best but true wattage kinda went out the window and the sound dulled as well . When we gaiged the new amps they didnt put out waht they claimed on the RMS end . They have gottin better in the last few years . The pocket amps are some what the same from the warm sounding tube amps to the newer micro chip transistor style.

post #2185 of 3695
Yeah my E12 sounds just like when I first used it.
post #2186 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

The E12 is an analog amplifier. It appears to have a switch mode power supply in it, though.

MOSFETs are really just a very specific transistor.

The microchips in the E12 are filled with transistors.

No offence, but if you beleive in burn in, then an E12 will burn in just like a MOSFET amp.

And if you don't believe in burn in, I'm cool with that too.

The E12 has an 11.1V battery pack and uses a DC to DC converter (switch mode) to derive the -11.1V supply. 22V is a lot for a headphone amp which is one of the reasons it can drive difficult loads.

post #2187 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradley02 View Post

The E12 has an 11.1V battery pack and uses a DC to DC converter (switch mode) to derive the -11.1V supply. 22V is a lot for a headphone amp which is one of the reasons it can drive difficult loads.

KK
Thanks.
post #2188 of 3695

This amp has done wonders for my HD600's, and it's beautifully built. It goes as loud as my Schiit Magni with the 16db gain boost on, and the sound quality is incredible. I know HD600's aren't the best choice for portable, but I listen in private a lot and I have had trouble finding a portable option that can power 300 Ohms easily. The E12 is more than enough juice for them! $129 is a steal.

post #2189 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post

Does the E12 have enough power to drive a HD650 to its maximum potential?

 

Also, what about the wireless interference issue that some has been experiencing? Because if the E12 is going to be paired with a smartphone, then obviously... there's going to be interference. So, what's the take on this actually?

I have the HD 600 with Fiio E11, from my ipod classic at 80% volume, I can't stand going beyond number 6 on the E11, and it goes up to 8. Normal listening for me is at 4.5, so only 60%. Considering the E12 has double the power (+16db vs +8db), you will have enough left over to do some serious damage.

 

When using my Galaxy Nexus phone, I need to push the E11 to 90% for normal listening, as phones have considerably less output than iPod's. So if you plan to drive from phones, the extra power on the E12 will be useful.

post #2190 of 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigodeni View Post

I have the HD 600 with Fiio E11, from my ipod classic at 80% volume, I can't stand going beyond number 6 on the E11, and it goes up to 8. Normal listening for me is at 4.5, so only 60%. Considering the E12 has double the power (+16db vs +8db), you will have enough left over to do some serious damage.

When using my Galaxy Nexus phone, I need to push the E11 to 90% for normal listening, as phones have considerably less output than iPod's. So if you plan to drive from phones, the extra power on the E12 will be useful.

The E12 has 8 dB more gain.
This is voltage gain, not power gain.
Because it has more gain, it does not necessarily follow that it has more power.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!