Thanks. Thats nice ;-) I can calm down. For a some time
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free Last post on Today at 6:12 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X1 2nd gen Review World Tour Starts Right Now, don't miss your chance! Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:49pm in Portable Source Gear
- About the touch wheel on X1 2nd gen --by James Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:58am in FiiO
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I still don't find the crossfeed useful. It was one feature that spurred me to upgrade from the e11. I want to experience the more out-of-head sound. Am I just not used to it or is the crossfeed on the e12 just poorly done. Any hints on how to enjoy crossfeed ?
You want out of the head, get virtual surround, like Dolby Headphone, THX Tru Studio, and any other virtual surround techs.
Crossfeed probably won't be very useful for the majority of albums out there or at least it isn't very helpful for me since none of my albums have the issue with that. It has no effect on sound stage so any out of head sound won't be done by crossfeed.
If you want an out of head sound, get the sound out of your head. It's really that simple
Dude, chill out and don't be offended. I said: 'on a positive note, it doesn't appear to change the sound at all' and I think that's a good thing. And by that I meant, it doesn't add any coloration so it seems to be a perfectly neutral amp. I just don't need it for my SE530. If I ever get different headphones that are harder to drive, that's when I'll get an amp. For now I'll just keep the money in my pocket :)
I know this is a little more expensive, but I was very pleased with the ALO "The National" when it came to driving my headphones very cleanly. Definitely made a noticeable difference.
Anyone see any overheating issues playing the E12 with it sitting in the case?
Well the e12 is about as good a amp as a person could ask for in a digital portable amp . Its distortion level is unparalled , and 850mw is like caring a scud missle in your pocket
but what it cant do is take a pair of 99cent earbuds and make them sound like a set of five thousand dollar headphones its an amazing amp but its not magic
you get what you pay for . But for as not turning the gain up the power of this beast is what makes her what she is along with clearity as well as others ect..... Just dont turn the volume up
so loud it does my cans no justice with the gain turned down . Might as well buy a new corvette and pull out four of the spark plugs and expect that V8 to really move. Just try turning the gain up
before hating on an amazing product, and NO as far as burning in a digital amplifier there are no tubes or mosfets so there is nothing to realy burn in, just micro chips and capacitors ect.....
Try getting a new set of phones if there isnt any improvement . But there wont be as warm of sound as with a tube amp , but fiio did an amazing job on this little guy for what it is !!!!
No it really dont get warm i keep mine it the case to protect it and i play the dog crap out of mine for hours on in to fubstep and hip hop with different bass heavy cans she does very well FIIO hit a home run on this little guy!!!!!!!
I cannot decied between the Fiio e17, Fiio e12 or the C&C bh. i once had the E17 and thought it was a grt match with Ipod classic, but i sold it. now Inhave heard gd and bad about the E12 and a lot of good about the C&C bh. I will be using it mainly for LOD so DAC feature is not a big deal but the adjustable bass and treble was awesome on the e17. what to do, i will be buying it thi weekend. I do have the X3 already just want something for my classic as lod is way better.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 27 seconds ago
- › Open Back Headphones Under $500 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear