Thanks. Thats nice ;-) I can calm down. For a some time
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 11:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lotoo PAW 5000 now on Pre-Order From Hifiheadphones.co.uk Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application Megathread Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable AMP + DAC or a DAP...?? Last post on 5/9/15 at 2:43am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I still don't find the crossfeed useful. It was one feature that spurred me to upgrade from the e11. I want to experience the more out-of-head sound. Am I just not used to it or is the crossfeed on the e12 just poorly done. Any hints on how to enjoy crossfeed ?
You want out of the head, get virtual surround, like Dolby Headphone, THX Tru Studio, and any other virtual surround techs.
Crossfeed probably won't be very useful for the majority of albums out there or at least it isn't very helpful for me since none of my albums have the issue with that. It has no effect on sound stage so any out of head sound won't be done by crossfeed.
If you want an out of head sound, get the sound out of your head. It's really that simple
Dude, chill out and don't be offended. I said: 'on a positive note, it doesn't appear to change the sound at all' and I think that's a good thing. And by that I meant, it doesn't add any coloration so it seems to be a perfectly neutral amp. I just don't need it for my SE530. If I ever get different headphones that are harder to drive, that's when I'll get an amp. For now I'll just keep the money in my pocket :)
I know this is a little more expensive, but I was very pleased with the ALO "The National" when it came to driving my headphones very cleanly. Definitely made a noticeable difference.
Anyone see any overheating issues playing the E12 with it sitting in the case?
Well the e12 is about as good a amp as a person could ask for in a digital portable amp . Its distortion level is unparalled , and 850mw is like caring a scud missle in your pocket
but what it cant do is take a pair of 99cent earbuds and make them sound like a set of five thousand dollar headphones its an amazing amp but its not magic
you get what you pay for . But for as not turning the gain up the power of this beast is what makes her what she is along with clearity as well as others ect..... Just dont turn the volume up
so loud it does my cans no justice with the gain turned down . Might as well buy a new corvette and pull out four of the spark plugs and expect that V8 to really move. Just try turning the gain up
before hating on an amazing product, and NO as far as burning in a digital amplifier there are no tubes or mosfets so there is nothing to realy burn in, just micro chips and capacitors ect.....
Try getting a new set of phones if there isnt any improvement . But there wont be as warm of sound as with a tube amp , but fiio did an amazing job on this little guy for what it is !!!!
No it really dont get warm i keep mine it the case to protect it and i play the dog crap out of mine for hours on in to fubstep and hip hop with different bass heavy cans she does very well FIIO hit a home run on this little guy!!!!!!!
I cannot decied between the Fiio e17, Fiio e12 or the C&C bh. i once had the E17 and thought it was a grt match with Ipod classic, but i sold it. now Inhave heard gd and bad about the E12 and a lot of good about the C&C bh. I will be using it mainly for LOD so DAC feature is not a big deal but the adjustable bass and treble was awesome on the e17. what to do, i will be buying it thi weekend. I do have the X3 already just want something for my classic as lod is way better.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 47 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [AUS] **PRICE DROP** Gustard H10 & Matrix M-Stage 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2