Thanks. Thats nice ;-) I can calm down. For a some time
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- FiiO Releases the New Firmware FW1.1.2 for X5 3rd gen Last post on 3/11/17 at 4:06am in FiiO
- FiiO X5 3rd gen wins the Red Dot Design Award for product design in 2017! Last post on 3/7/17 at 3:30am in FiiO
- The stacking kit for the X5 3rd gen is coming, do you like it in such a concise way? Last post on 3/19/17 at 1:54pm in FiiO
- Meet FiiO at 2017 International CES, Jan. 5-8, 2017 Last post on 1/13/17 at 7:03pm in FiiO
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I still don't find the crossfeed useful. It was one feature that spurred me to upgrade from the e11. I want to experience the more out-of-head sound. Am I just not used to it or is the crossfeed on the e12 just poorly done. Any hints on how to enjoy crossfeed ?
You want out of the head, get virtual surround, like Dolby Headphone, THX Tru Studio, and any other virtual surround techs.
Crossfeed probably won't be very useful for the majority of albums out there or at least it isn't very helpful for me since none of my albums have the issue with that. It has no effect on sound stage so any out of head sound won't be done by crossfeed.
If you want an out of head sound, get the sound out of your head. It's really that simple
Dude, chill out and don't be offended. I said: 'on a positive note, it doesn't appear to change the sound at all' and I think that's a good thing. And by that I meant, it doesn't add any coloration so it seems to be a perfectly neutral amp. I just don't need it for my SE530. If I ever get different headphones that are harder to drive, that's when I'll get an amp. For now I'll just keep the money in my pocket :)
I know this is a little more expensive, but I was very pleased with the ALO "The National" when it came to driving my headphones very cleanly. Definitely made a noticeable difference.
Anyone see any overheating issues playing the E12 with it sitting in the case?
Well the e12 is about as good a amp as a person could ask for in a digital portable amp . Its distortion level is unparalled , and 850mw is like caring a scud missle in your pocket
but what it cant do is take a pair of 99cent earbuds and make them sound like a set of five thousand dollar headphones its an amazing amp but its not magic
you get what you pay for . But for as not turning the gain up the power of this beast is what makes her what she is along with clearity as well as others ect..... Just dont turn the volume up
so loud it does my cans no justice with the gain turned down . Might as well buy a new corvette and pull out four of the spark plugs and expect that V8 to really move. Just try turning the gain up
before hating on an amazing product, and NO as far as burning in a digital amplifier there are no tubes or mosfets so there is nothing to realy burn in, just micro chips and capacitors ect.....
Try getting a new set of phones if there isnt any improvement . But there wont be as warm of sound as with a tube amp , but fiio did an amazing job on this little guy for what it is !!!!
No it really dont get warm i keep mine it the case to protect it and i play the dog crap out of mine for hours on in to fubstep and hip hop with different bass heavy cans she does very well FIIO hit a home run on this little guy!!!!!!!
I cannot decied between the Fiio e17, Fiio e12 or the C&C bh. i once had the E17 and thought it was a grt match with Ipod classic, but i sold it. now Inhave heard gd and bad about the E12 and a lot of good about the C&C bh. I will be using it mainly for LOD so DAC feature is not a big deal but the adjustable bass and treble was awesome on the e17. what to do, i will be buying it thi weekend. I do have the X3 already just want something for my classic as lod is way better.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 32 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 34 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 3 minutes ago
- › "Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube 3 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear