You could always look in the classifieds after the E12 is released... I'm sure there will be tons of E11 owners trading up.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free Last post on Today at 7:11 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FiiO X1 2nd gen Review World Tour Starts Right Now, don't miss your chance! Last post on 11/28/16 at 6:49pm in Portable Source Gear
- About the touch wheel on X1 2nd gen --by James Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:58am in FiiO
- Hiya Last post on 9/3/16 at 5:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed! - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, still need to connect to the L7 first.
Thank you! Can you tell me which opamp is being used inside, and if it's socketed or soldered?
The op amp is to be decided , but maybe LME49710+LME49600 for the commercial version.
I'd allmost buy it because of the way it looks; that's one slick looking amp.
How does the sound compare against the rest of the Fiio lineup?
Edited by Vibemerchant - 9/15/12 at 4:21am
Please, oh please tell me the E12 will have a low battery warning. This drives me crazy about my E11- I am in the middle of working out and it just dies. I believe you will sell units based on something as simple as a low battery warning.
I really like the apparent durability and simplicity of design. For me, I don't care about crossfeed and am fine with one-stage bass boost- the simpler the better. I do think a treble boost would be nice to compensate for darker cans- maybe convert the crossfeed switch to a treble switch? I think if anyone needs something more specific, an EQ is in order.
Edited by Craigster75 - 9/15/12 at 6:43am
That's why I bought my E11 from the Micca store, with an additional battery and charger for no extra cost!
All I can guess is possibly $250. There were 3 options FiiO gave. The cheapest one gave the best sound quality but you can not charge while using, the second option was a bit below the first but you can charge, third option gave you some really good battery and charging apparatus, the lowest tier of the three in sound but also the most expensive. They put a poll up on FB AND on Head Fi (awesome right?) and the second option for the mix was chosen. The second was slightly more expensive but also had what most of us liked. So as its the middle I will only guess $250? Nothing is set in stone.
The E12 is a flagship portable amplifier and NOT a replacement for the E11. An replacement would mean an amp that was also portable wth similar function and featres in the same price bracket.
E9 to E90K is an "upgrade" or replacement.
E7 to E17 IS NOT an "in line upgrade" or replacement as E7 is $77 and E17 is $130-$150
E7 to E70K(not released yet) would be a direct replacement.
- FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 17 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 45 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a new pair of headphones, thanks! 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear