- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Cheap portable amp Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- why buy the he-400i if u already own the he-400 Last post on 9/2/14 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- e12 diy vs e12 Last post on 9/2/14 at 6:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- PC > Bifrost > E12? Last post on 8/24/14 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :D
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 29 seconds ago
- › MAX Soundstage Music 49 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 50 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 51 seconds ago
- › [A Poor Man Reviews] Sony MDR-XB70AP 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Is the Hifiman HE-6 clearly a league above the Hifiman HE-500? 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 4 minutes ago
- › Help me optimize my 1k budget 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)