- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 2:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT770 250ohm + Fiio E12, do I need a DAC? Last post on 9/24/14 at 3:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need an answer quick please!! Last post on 9/17/14 at 6:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for Cheap portable amp Last post on 9/13/14 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- why buy the he-400i if u already own the he-400 Last post on 9/2/14 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :D
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 10 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › tips for new headphones (principally for rock music) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)