Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 34

post #496 of 3077

Is this amp going to be able to drive hard to drive cans like orthos and HE-6? Prob not right?

post #497 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

Is this amp going to be able to drive hard to drive cans like orthos and HE-6? Prob not right?

This amp gives a ton of power for a portable amp and for the money, but you wouldn't want to use this with the HE-6, you'll need a speaker amp or something...Some orthos are more efficient though, like my HE-400, and the E12 would do fine with it.


Edited by Sniping - 1/4/13 at 9:00am
post #498 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

This amp gives a ton of power for a portable amp and for the money, but you wouldn't want to use this with the HE-6, you'll need a speaker amp or something...Some orthos are more efficient though, like my HE-400, and the E12 would do fine with it.

what about LCD-2's HE500s 

post #499 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

what about LCD-2's HE500s 

It's not a good idea to be powering those phones with a portable amp. The LCD-2 and HE-500 are both less than ideal for portable use, so you'll want a desktop amp to power those.

post #500 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

It's not a good idea to be powering those phones with a portable amp. The LCD-2 and HE-500 are both less than ideal for portable use, so you'll want a desktop amp to power those.

Yea I was just wondering if it was actually capable of it, I like to just have one piece of gear...idk I'm weird

post #501 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

Yea I was just wondering if it was actually capable of it, I like to just have one piece of gear...idk I'm weird

My thinking is that if you're going to drop $1000 on an LCD-2 you might as well get a pricey desktop amp to go with it. The E12 provides so much power for it's cost and size but the power hungry high-end planars will sound even better with more power, like from speaker taps.

post #502 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

My thinking is that if you're going to drop $1000 on an LCD-2 you might as well get a pricey desktop amp to go with it. The E12 provides so much power for it's cost and size but the power hungry high-end planars will sound even better with more power, like from speaker taps.

that's true, I had the Lyr but got rid of it when i moved and never got a new permanent residence so I'm on the go all the time.

post #503 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSAn View Post

Why does one always presume other people are new because of small post-counts ? Does large post-counts mean bigger diggery doos ? Maybe some people have been here ie since 2005 then departed and returned to find their User and Pass are no longer applicable?

Well, frequent posting, especially one continuing over a long period of time, is basically like getting a lot of practice. You get practice in presenting ideas in social situations in a way that is more likely to be read with favor, how to elicit respect and consideration instead of anger and instinctive rejection. If someone stays away long enough and with little enough care that they forget their log-in info, then yeah, it's expected that their writing skills and tone will be quite rusty. The general tone of this forum is exploratory, curious, and sometimes a happy explosion of euphoria. Unlike some forums I've participated in the past, such as a camera gear forum where mostly people regularly were jaded and suspicious with the reviewers and manufacturers, and squabble endlessly about this format or that manufacturer being best... It's very easy to get tired of all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSAn View Post

Ms/Mr/Mrs Perfect never made/make any typos in the Past, Present or Future............?

My input criticisms were supposed to interject positive change to the design, wether FIIO decide to take heed or ignore, it's their prerogative.
Yet some people rather attack the Poster than attack the Post along with sarcastic remarks just shows one's puerile, immature attitude in regard to Forum etiquette. One should seriously learn how to behave before one makes a fool of oneself.

If you don't like the attack on you, may I recommend positive change by resisting the urge to conflagrate your image further? Instead of calling the wide-aimed "some people" names, maybe state that instead of making people angry, you meant to bring something to the attention of FiiO and Head-Fi, then further elaborate on solutions or at least why your critique could be important to others. I think you're the guy who's issue was the E12 would block the iPhone's rear camera, and was more power than necessary for portables? Both your issues are basically addressed by the E11 already, I suggest you look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSAn View Post

The top Pic is very nice, brings inspiration to those with interest in this device but may I suggest that the lower photo only depicts "Cottage Industry" which I surmise to be the total opposite of the top photo, maybe it would be better to leave out the lower pic.
If "Cottage Industry"is FIIO's main aim to promote then I congratulate you on your success.
Please do not take offence, it was just a passing thought which may be beneficial to your product promotion.

Despite indicating that you want others to look beyond your tone and like your idea, the "If... Then..." sentence just preceding is the kind of backhanded sarcasm that you said one needs to grow out of. I do believe you have the skills to see that happening from yourself as well as others... I imagine that you mention working on behavior because you do care, and you're working on it yourself. It's not at all bad that you want people to speak respectfully, and that you want to help by making suggestions – just, keep working at it, pretend you're someone else and read your post before submitting it.

As far as "cottage industry" goes, I expect that the second picture is indeed from the factory. Not every manufacturing processes require conveyor belts or cool robots, and Feiao already set the context for that picture of the battery conditioning phase. Much manufacturing is done by hand still, I wouldn't be surprised if sitting on a shelf for hours, put there by hand, was cost effective and harmless to the product. FiiO probably wouldn't put the second picture in a magazine add, but the "how it's done" honesty is kinda cool for head-fi'ers on a pre-release production thread.
post #504 of 3077
I like the second photo! It's cool and shows FiiO like to share the experience!

Just sayin! biggrin.gif
post #505 of 3077
Nicely put evshrug
post #506 of 3077

Yeah, the second photo is pretty cool. I wouldn't expect a company to invest the extra time and effort to condition the batteries, so nice to know that Fiio does.

post #507 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

Nicely put evshrug

Thanks! I worry that sometimes I don't express myself clearly enough – that's what I'm working on.

Just so everyone else knows, I'm not trying to put him down; I'm trying to suggest that if he is sharing ideas because he wants to help improve things, a little more sugar and a little less coffee (or something else that would be a metaphor for bitterness) would go a long way for others to digest his ideas. Different perspectives are where creative ideas come from.
post #508 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Thanks! I worry that sometimes I don't express myself clearly enough – that's what I'm working on.
Just so everyone else knows, I'm not trying to put him down; I'm trying to suggest that if he is sharing ideas because he wants to help improve things, a little more sugar and a little less coffee (or something else that would be a metaphor for bitterness) would go a long way for others to digest his ideas. Different perspectives are where creative ideas come from.

I used to always get in trouble in school and the vice principle would always tell me "you catch more flies with honey"

 

wink_face.gif

post #509 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Thanks! I worry that sometimes I don't express myself clearly enough – that's what I'm working on.
Just so everyone else knows, I'm not trying to put him down; I'm trying to suggest that if he is sharing ideas because he wants to help improve things, a little more sugar and a little less coffee (or something else that would be a metaphor for bitterness) would go a long way for others to digest his ideas. Different perspectives are where creative ideas come from.


You are far more gracious than me. JaiSAn was really offensive and then said "Please don't take offense" and the whole line JaiSAn was taking was negative, nasty and offensive.

 

As for being helpful, the E12 is in production. Offering help now is a bit late.

post #510 of 3077
Any possibility of CES pre sale online for head-fiers???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.