Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wich amp / dac to choose? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E12 vs. JDS Labs C5 Amp Last post on 6/16/14 at 4:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp or Amp/DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
- My Little Dot MKII sounds quiet compared to my Fiio E12 for my HD650. Last post on 6/5/14 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How to open a fiio E12? Last post on 6/6/14 at 10:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Yesterday
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The preorder was a special that FiiO offered, where ten headfiers and ten facebookers got to order early.
Following is some information from Feiao on that special offer thread regarding the release. I believe the first to be release to the general public will be the set going to Micca. Maybe you should contact them if they are doing a preorder?:
"We are burn-ing the first batch of Mont Blanc , it take 3 hours to charge it to full battery and them take about 15 hours to run off the battery with music play. after 3 times ,
we will assemble it to the final unit and test all the performance and functions, So far everything just go smooth and we may delivery all the pre order . and them the other
200pcs will be available in U.S at the end of Jan, 2013 and sold by Micca store.
The next batch will be start in Feb and the third batch will be available in March , for most customers, they may need to wait till March if they can buy one among the 1st, 2st
batch. because the total quantity before the third batch is only about 1000 units."
Personally, I'd just call Micca or shoot them an email. I have no idea if they are doing a pre-order, though. I just suggested it may be worth checking.
The E17 has a built in Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC), so it will act like a quality stereo sound card when you plug it into your computer. The E17 also allows treble and bass adjustment on the device. It would be classified as a portable DAC + amp device.
The E12 (Mont Blanc) is a different kind of product, it is a portable amp that is between 3 and 4 times as powerful as the E17's amp. The Mont Blanc is intended to be plugged into another source like the headphone out of an iPod, computer, etc. I am going to use mine with my iPod and my gaming setup, as the last component before I plug in my headphones (AKG Q701, which benefit from more powerful amps than a headphone designed to work with an iPod).
If I needed one device to carry around with a laptop, I would buy an E17. It's a pretty good all-in-one device. But, since I have a nice soundcard in my desktop computer (my laptop is broken), and a separate DAC for other devices, I choose to get an E12 Mont Blanc so I would have a really powerful amp that I can easily take and connect to multiple devices around my house and (hopefully) at work.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 3:45pm
But if your wrong equation "which is better" actually means "which has more power as an amplifier" I'll give you an answer: the E12 delivers around 850mW @ 32ohms (as feiao posted in the previous page), while the E17 delivers 220mW @ 32ohms... If you do your maths correctly you can easely say that the E12 turns out to have more power. For comparision, the E11 Kilimanjaro delivers 180mW at the same load, so yes, the E12 has THAT much more power.
EDIT: evshrug is faster than me!
Edited by MrScratch - 1/1/13 at 2:31pm
I thought the E11's amp was slightly more powerful than the amp half of the E17?
Edit: WOAH, new design of the FiiO page! Their specs match what MrScratch said, I thought I'd read differently before. The new site has a few typographical and spelling errors, but overall shows a huge positive leap in providing more information.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 2:56pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 56 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 6 minutes ago
- › BIGGEST INTEREST CHECK (IC for now, possibly FS/FT): 50+ Mid-tier... 7 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 10 minutes ago
- › Suitable FiiO X3 charger? 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)