Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 135

post #2011 of 3077

well I just brought a c&c XO2 and spec wise that thing kills the fiio e12 in everything and cant believe I picked it up for so cheap. will be comparing side by side with fiio e12

post #2012 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati832 View Post

well I just brought a c&c XO2 and spec wise that thing kills the fiio e12 in everything and cant believe I picked it up for so cheap. will be comparing side by side with fiio e12

Not to say that price equates to better-quality, but the XO2 is basically twice the price of the E12.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

Maybe I should try asking which one sounds less audibly coloured and shows more detail?

More transparent?

Or is their a clear winner between the O2 and the E12?

Well without going all gung-ho about the design of the O2, and being unable to answer what transparency "sounds" like, I can't really answer the question. >_<

 

I can say the O2 does have a smoother presentation with more texture and detail compared to that of the E12. The O2's presentation of instruments also seems more 3-dimensional compared to the rather "boxed-in" E12. Likewise but not necessarily corresponding to the larger soundstage, instruments are more clearly defined with the O2. The bass of the O2 sounds less bloated wooly (it's much more well-defined), I don't know how else to describe it, compared to that of the E12, which might be why I say the E12 is warm-sounding and "round."


Edited by miceblue - 6/10/13 at 5:25pm
post #2013 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Not to say that price equates to better-quality, but the XO2 is basically twice the price of the E12.

Well without going all gung-ho about the design of the O2, and being unable to answer what transparency "sounds" like, I can't really answer the question. >_<<br />
I can say the O2 does have a smoother presentation with more texture and detail compared to that of the E12. The O2's presentation of instruments also seems more 3-dimensional compared to the rather "boxed-in" E12. Likewise but not necessarily corresponding to the larger soundstage, instruments are more clearly defined with the O2. The bass of the O2 sounds less bloated wooly (it's much more well-defined), I don't know how else to describe it, compared to that of the E12, which might be why I say the E12 is warm-sounding and "round."

Hmmmmmmm.........I'm going to have to hear an O2 sometime. That does sound more attractive than an E12.
post #2014 of 3077
It might be just as be my O2 but I find it sibilant, with no bass and no instrument of separation. The E12 is far better.
post #2015 of 3077

That helps thanks. Am on the cusp of splashing out for the Q's. You may have just pushed me over the edge.

post #2016 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbertt View Post

It might be just as be my O2 but I find it sibilant, with no bass and no instrument of separation. The E12 is far better.

That doesn't sound like the O2 at all...

post #2017 of 3077
O2 sibilant? Yeah. I agree with micey.

The O2 is a diy unit so it could be variationly built units
post #2018 of 3077
My O2 is a commercially available unit.
post #2019 of 3077
Ok so I wanted to ask a question. I'm really contemplating getting a E12. I already have the E17 but from all the feedback of the E12 I'm thinking it might perform better than the E17. My question to you guys is, should I purchase the E12 and pair it with my E17 using the LOD cable? Just use the E17? Or neither and just make the jump to an o2/odac? I'm looking for the best sound coming from an amp and DAC as I only use my equipment for listening to FLAC files on my Mac.
post #2020 of 3077
Meant "just use e17"*
post #2021 of 3077
If you want a desktop setup.

Desktop setups are recommended yes.
Meaning O2 and whatever or even MM combo
post #2022 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizardsbaker View Post

Ok so I wanted to ask a question. I'm really contemplating getting a E12. I already have the E17 but from all the feedback of the E12 I'm thinking it might perform better than the E17. My question to you guys is, should I purchase the E12 and pair it with my E17 using the LOD cable? Just use the E17? Or neither and just make the jump to an o2/odac? I'm looking for the best sound coming from an amp and DAC as I only use my equipment for listening to FLAC files on my Mac.

 

Personally, I like the E17 and E12 together.
post #2023 of 3077

Could somebody help me here?

 

My FiiO E12 inverts the positioning of my audio, and I've no idea how to fix this.

 

Sound on the left channel come from the right and vice versa. Does not happen if I don't go through the amp.

 

AD900X > E12 > Xonar DGX.

post #2024 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanoflies View Post

Could somebody help me here?

 

My FiiO E12 inverts the positioning of my audio, and I've no idea how to fix this.

 

Sound on the left channel come from the right and vice versa. Does not happen if I don't go through the amp.

 

AD900X > E12 > Xonar DGX.

Try with an iPod or something? Does it still happen?

 

If so, its the E12. If not, its the DGX.

post #2025 of 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanoflies View Post

Could somebody help me here?

 

My FiiO E12 inverts the positioning of my audio, and I've no idea how to fix this.

 

Sound on the left channel come from the right and vice versa. Does not happen if I don't go through the amp.

 

AD900X > E12 > Xonar DGX.

 

I had a similar conversation with a user who had the same problem with a Xonar D1 and a Magni.

 

Unplug the FiiO E12, disable all the active DSP effects on your soundcard (prolly the Dolby Headphone is the one to blame), then plug the E12 in.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.