Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 97

post #1441 of 3083
Thread Starter 

post #1442 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by cizx View Post

I've done business with Micca.  Flawless transaction.  I recommend them.

Same experience here.
post #1443 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


Next week we'll discuss real power vs. apparent power WRT to reactive power, explain power factor and finsih off with a technical dialogue regarding reactive phase angles and back EMF.

On second thought, let's not bother.tongue.gif

Can anyone suggest a good material for a light metallic hat to block the alien radio waves manipulating my thought patterns? redface.gif

Agree, mate. I didn't think it would be appropriate to to talk about 0 phase angles and the what not. (e.g. "real" part being resistance and complex part being reactance, with impedance being the magnitude of that vector.) Or perhaps we could map the electron flow using PDEs, either analytical or numerical. My point holds. Anyone with a nominal knowledge of electronics will tell you that.

 

However, this was superseded by the sensitivity discussion.

post #1444 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravager View Post

Agree, mate. I didn't think it would be appropriate to to talk about 0 phase angles and the what not. (e.g. "real" part being resistance and complex part being reactance, with impedance being the magnitude of that vector.) Or perhaps we could map the electron flow using PDEs, either analytical or numerical. My point holds. Anyone with a nominal knowledge of electronics will tell you that.

 

However, this was superseded by the sensitivity discussion.

 

Might be easier if we use P.U. calculations?

Should we use magnitude and phase or complex algebra?

Phasor diagrams?

 

Note: phasors must be set to "Stun".

 

I will leave you in charge of mapping electron flow using PDEs. I'm a power engineer.

 

BTW, the Analog Realm is where Kaleesi is from in "Game Of Thrones".

The Iron Throne is located in the Digital Realm. wink_face.gif

 


Edited by Chris J - 2/28/13 at 9:31am
post #1445 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

Might be easier if we use P.U. calculations?

Should we use magnitude and phase or complex algebra?

Phasor diagrams?

 

Note: phasors must be set to "Stun".

 

I will leave you in charge of mapping electron flow using PDEs. I'm a power engineer.

 

BTW, the Analog Realm is where Kaleesi is from in "Game Of Thrones".

The Iron Throne is located in the Digital Realm. wink_face.gif

 

I like you Chris. Thanks for the laugh. It is nice to find someone else that has a warped sense of humor. Analog Realm...I really need to watch GoT. : ) Phasor diagrams ARE really illustrative though, don't you think? We even use those in climate science and atmospheric dynamics. 

post #1446 of 3083

anyone tried the dt770 250 ohm with these? also which portable dac should i get?

post #1447 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmrwt View Post

anyone tried the dt770 250 ohm with these? also which portable dac should i get?

I have dt990 250 Ohm with these, it seems like the treble has been tamed a bit(which I like). I also have the E17, I haven't had a chance to use the Dac of the E17 will try tomorrow when the adapter gets here.


Edited by gerald410 - 2/28/13 at 2:35pm
post #1448 of 3083

Can this amp drive 250ohm beyers, I had the Leckerton MKII and while it drove them I didn't think it drove them with authority. Can anyone tell me if the e12 is more powerful than the Leckerton, here are the leckertons specs:

 

  • Max output power (1% THD):
    • 30 mW into 16 ohms
    • 55 mW into 32 ohms
    • 110 mW into 100 ohms
    • 55 mW into 300 ohms
  • THD+N at 1 kHz (optical input, 20 Hz to 80 kHz bandwidth, no weighting):
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 16 ohms
    • 0.0060%, 1 mW into 32 ohms
    • 0.0022%, 1 mW into 100 ohms
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 300 ohms
post #1449 of 3083
  • Max output power (1% THD):
    • 30 mW into 16 ohms
    • 55 mW into 32 ohms
    • 110 mW into 100 ohms
    • 55 mW into 300 ohms
  • THD+N at 1 kHz (optical input, 20 Hz to 80 kHz bandwidth, no weighting):
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 16 ohms
    • 0.0060%, 1 mW into 32 ohms
    • 0.0022%, 1 mW into 100 ohms
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 300 ohms
post #1450 of 3083

sorry for double post 

post #1451 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

Can this amp drive 250ohm beyers, I had the Leckerton MKII and while it drove them I didn't think it drove them with authority. Can anyone tell me if the e12 is more powerful than the Leckerton, here are the leckertons specs:

 

  • Max output power (1% THD):
    • 30 mW into 16 ohms
    • 55 mW into 32 ohms
    • 110 mW into 100 ohms
    • 55 mW into 300 ohms
  • THD+N at 1 kHz (optical input, 20 Hz to 80 kHz bandwidth, no weighting):
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 16 ohms
    • 0.0060%, 1 mW into 32 ohms
    • 0.0022%, 1 mW into 100 ohms
    • 0.0035%, 1 mW into 300 ohms

 

Output Power >880mW@32Ω

 

THD <0.005%

 

it trumps the leckerton in terms of power

 

that spec sheet is weird though, does it have variable gain or something

post #1452 of 3083

Imho they most certainly can drive 250 Ohm Beyers or at least they're able to drive mine:)

Ps I should've never removed my avatar now i can't add one:(


Edited by gerald410 - 2/28/13 at 2:49pm
post #1453 of 3083
I just picked up an E17, but now i've got some second thoughts after this thread. But I like the eq on the E17. hmmm..decisions decisions.... biggrin.gif
post #1454 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by syobwoc View Post

I just picked up an E17, but now i've got some second thoughts after this thread. But I like the eq on the E17. hmmm..decisions decisions.... biggrin.gif

I like the sound using the E17, arguably better that the E12 right now. I attribute that to the absence of an external DAC when using the E12 right now.

post #1455 of 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post







Output Power



>880mW@32Ω










THD



<0.005%




it trumps the leckerton in terms of power

that spec sheet is weird though, does it have variable gain or something

The Leck probably has an output impedance of 100 Ohms!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.