Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 94

post #1396 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Er...ampere is the unit of measure for current. I think you meant voltage instead of amperage; and lower impedance headphones typically require more current, less voltage.

Sorry. Yeah that's what I meant.

 

I re read my post twice. I KNEW something was wrong.

 

Yep, messed that part up too. 

 

Multi tasking. I'll go finish my research paper thesis. 

 

W=Voltage X Amperage(current) 

 

General quality:

Low impedance equals more current , less volts

High impedance equals less current, more volts.

post #1397 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

 

I re read my post twice. I KNEW something was wrong.

 

I've re-read ALL my posts many, many times. I still don't know what's wrong with me or if it can be cured.

 

Thots?

post #1398 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

I've re-read ALL my posts many, many times. I still don't know what's wrong with me or if it can be cured.

 

Thots?

That is a common occurrence with some types of thought patterns like yours and mine.

 

I believe it has its origins in the creation and holding of thought and information hosted in the cerebellum of the cranial cavity.

 

Anyway, I found a good site that can help you with why this happens. It is really good at explaining very concisely why this happens to the memory.

 

http://www.helpguide.org/life/improving_memory.htm

post #1399 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

That is a common occurrence with some types of thought patterns like yours and mine.

 

I believe it has its origins in the creation and holding of thought and information hosted in the cerebellum of the cranial cavity.

 

Anyway, I found a good site that can help you with why this happens. It is really good at explaining very concisely why this happens to the memory.

 

http://www.helpguide.org/life/improving_memory.htm

 

I never should have stopped wearing my tin foil hat.

As you know, it blocks the aliens from reading my mind and controlling my mind.

Sometimes they control my brain too.

Thanks for the info.

post #1400 of 3128
It also makes for a great baked potato.

The IPod undoubtably has enough voltage for the HE-400, probably enough current too, but still... sounds substantially different amped through the E12.
post #1401 of 3128

I have a couple of questions.

 

1) Is there some sort of decent budget DAC I can use to connect the E12 to a laptop?

 

2) How would the interconnects work in this configuration? Will I lose any quality using the 3.5 to 3.5 instead of the traditional DAC-->AMP interconnect? 

 

3) How would this approach compare to using the Fiio E17? The E12 appears to be far more powerful in terms of output. 


Edited by jiggahwhat - 2/25/13 at 7:57pm
post #1402 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggahwhat View Post

I have a couple of questions.

 

1) Is there some sort of decent budget DAC I can use to connect the E12 to a laptop?

 

2) How would the interconnects work in this configuration? Is there a line in on the E12? If not, will I lose any quality using the 3.5 to 3.5 instead of the traditional DAC-->AMP interconnect? 

 

3) How would this approach compare to using the Fiio E17? The E12 appears to be far more powerful in terms of output. 

ODAC?

post #1403 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggahwhat View Post

I have a couple of questions.

 

1) Is there some sort of decent budget DAC I can use to connect the E12 to a laptop?

 

 

I have an ELE DAC and like it quite a bit. And it was only $20 :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ELE-EL-D01-MINI-HIFI-USB-DAC-PCM2704-DAC-BOARD-ELNA-Capacitor-Black-/251075511946

 

I don't quite have my E12 yet (should get it this week), but I'll post my impressions when I can. But I suspect that they will work very well together.

 

You can search this thread for "ELE DAC" to get more info about it:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-ghosts-first-take-ath-ckn70-pg487-dannybs-first-take-ath-ckn50-pg383

post #1404 of 3128

I suppose that could work sufficiently. 

 

But does 3.5-->3.5 degrade quality substantially versus those RCA audio cables (R/L red white)? 

post #1405 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggahwhat View Post

I suppose that could work sufficiently. 

 

But does 3.5-->3.5 degrade quality substantially versus those RCA audio cables (R/L red white)? 

Not that I know of.

post #1406 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggahwhat View Post

I suppose that could work sufficiently. 

 

But does 3.5-->3.5 degrade quality substantially versus those RCA audio cables (R/L red white)? 

In case for ODAC it has zero effect. I highly recommend ODAC. I own two DAC which cost many times more than ODAC and I happily can say ODAC sounds as good as them. Cannot recommend enough. 

post #1407 of 3128

So I went ahead and bought the E12. Now I need a DAC. Where did you buy your ODAC from? JDSlabs?

 

Any other DAC suggestions? Preferably in the below $50 range as that is my budget? I really don't know how to tell the difference between DACs. How do you decide?

 

What do you think about this one, for instance? 


Edited by jiggahwhat - 2/25/13 at 11:38pm
post #1408 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggahwhat View Post

So I went ahead and bought the E12. Now I need a DAC. Where did you buy your ODAC from? JDSlabs?

 

Any other DAC suggestions? Preferably in the below $50 range as that is my budget? 

I got mine from noisy motel. Maybe have a look at UD100

 

http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/09/tiny-dac-big-sound-impression-of-stoner.html

post #1409 of 3128

All right. I now have ordered a Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC (which is supposed to have the same components as the ODAC) and of course, the Fiio E12. Let's see how this works with my Hifiman HE-400. I have high expectations. 

post #1410 of 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

It also makes for a great baked potato.

The IPod undoubtably has enough voltage for the HE-400, probably enough current too, but still... sounds substantially different amped through the E12.

 

But Julian Hirsch said all amps sound the same.........rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.