Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 72

post #1066 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Sure

 

I will be receiving or have already received these:

Heir Audio 4ai

Heir Audio 3ai

Heir Audio Tzar 350

Heir Audio Tzar 90

 

Will receive

GR07

LCD-2  (very short headroom demo)

 

 

But I only have those Heirs and Q701 as anything you would care for in the difference.


Q701 would be great.

post #1067 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Q701 would be great.

 

Ok

 

 

iPod Touch 2G + L9 LOD +FiiO E12 --> Q701

 

iPod Touch 2G +3.5mm interconnect cable +E12 --> Q701

 

is what I guess you mean.

 

post #1068 of 3094

Impressions:

 

With the LOD, instruments are more seperated with more space for the vocals. With direct headphone out with my 2G, the entire sound spectrum was a bit scrunched up. The highs with LOD are noticeably clearer and smoother. There is some gritty unsmoothness with the headphone out while the LOD makes it quite smooth

 

Both sound good. Really. The LOD just improves on things. 

 

Better seperation, and better at smoothing out things.

 

Keep in mind I am not doing just iPod Touch 2G vs E12 but LOD vs headphone out which is what I think you are asking.

post #1069 of 3094
Just got my E12 in the mail. Whoever said their unit smelled like gasoline or fuel was right :/ Only started listening to it for a few minutes now, so I'll post more impressions later. Regarding size, at least, I'd consider it too big for me to carry around with me. Especially since I have the much smaller and roughly on par C&C BH. I really love the build quality of the Mont Blanc, though, very sleek and sexy; just a tad long for my portability tastes.

I love how sturdy the E12 feels. Very nice volume knob, a bit too stiff to turn with one finger, but at least it won't accidentally slip like the BH's knob has been for me (ow...) Listening through an AD900X, btw.
post #1070 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwn View Post

Just got my E12 in the mail. Whoever said their unit smelled like gasoline or fuel was right :/ Only started listening to it for a few minutes now, so I'll post more impressions later. Regarding size, at least, I'd consider it too big for me to carry around with me. Especially since I have the much smaller and roughly on par C&C BH. I really love the build quality of the Mont Blanc, though, very sleek and sexy; just a tad long for my portability tastes.

I love how sturdy the E12 feels. Very nice volume knob, a bit too stiff to turn with one finger, but at least it won't accidentally slip like the BH's knob has been for me (ow...) Listening through an AD900X, btw.

Maybe there was some fuel based material in the container next to theirs

 

What website/distro company did you buy it off of?

post #1071 of 3094
I bought it off of Micca, shipped out from Virginia. They're the only place to buy the E12 from anyway, though, right? Ordered on Saturday and just got it today. It's not a big deal, it's only really (really) noticeable if you smell the cloth bag.
post #1072 of 3094
Doubleposted
Edited by pngwn - 2/7/13 at 5:48pm
post #1073 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngwn View Post

I bought it off of Micca, shipped out from Virginia. They're the only place to buy the E12 from anyway, though, right? Ordered on Saturday and just got it today. It's not a big deal, it's only really (really) noticeable if you smell the cloth bag.

Mine smells like highly processed cloth/leather which does have a bit of a fuel smell by default

 

Mine was shipped directly form FiiO. So something may have came into contact with it mid route. 

 

Hope it comes out.

post #1074 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Just tested with outgoing phone call with duration of 3 min with soft music on and no music. Using Heir Audio 4ai and E12

Nothing detected.

I had to leave the house. Ill do the rest later.

My iphone was places on top of and taken off the pmp combo unit. I was not playing music with 4s but had it right on top of e12 while lifting it away.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

ATT U.S East Coast

 

Music playing with low to no volume with amp on while turning up to a higher volume.

 

Tested with calling outgoing only 

 

Tested downloading with 2.4GHz Wireless N and 4G 

 

Calling outgoing had no noise

 

Downloading over 2.4GHz N had noise and crackle. 4G had none.

 

beerchug.gif

Thank you for the tests!

 

Seems like the E12 fared quite well except with the Wi-fi test. All good information for prospective purchasers, thanks again.

 

 

Graham

post #1075 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post

 

 

beerchug.gif

Thank you for the tests!

 

Seems like the E12 fared quite well except with the Wi-fi test. All good information for prospective purchasers, thanks again.

 

 

Graham

Wifi is what caused the crackling actually

post #1076 of 3094

That happened with my E11 when my phone was on WiFi it would have some cracking but I haven't noticed any with the C&C BH though I haven't used it with my phone much at all.

post #1077 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

That happened with my E11 when my phone was on WiFi it would have some cracking but I haven't noticed any with the C&C BH though I haven't used it with my phone much at all.

 

Weird, I've had the exact opposite experience with my BH and E12. No crackling from my E12 while in close proximity to my phone, but as soon as I plugged the BH in, I got really annoyed by the crackling really fast.

post #1078 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Impressions:

 

With the LOD, instruments are more seperated with more space for the vocals. With direct headphone out with my 2G, the entire sound spectrum was a bit scrunched up. The highs with LOD are noticeably clearer and smoother. There is some gritty unsmoothness with the headphone out while the LOD makes it quite smooth

 

Both sound good. Really. The LOD just improves on things. 

 

Better seperation, and better at smoothing out things.

 

Keep in mind I am not doing just iPod Touch 2G vs E12 but LOD vs headphone out which is what I think you are asking.


Thank you for confirming my concerns.  I have Vamp hooked up to my Iphone 4, so I can't access my LOD, but I can use the headphone out on Vamp which should be decent considering it bypasses the on-board Iphone in favor of its superior DAC and amp.  Vamp sounds great, but is only 150mw/channel so sometimes there's just not enough juice which is why I want to add the E12.

post #1079 of 3094

I've noticed that my E12 gives a slight noise when I turn up or down the volume.

 

It's not very noticeable in certain busy songs, but it's definitely noticeable in quiet songs.

 

Does this happen to anyone else?

post #1080 of 3094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

I've noticed that my E12 gives a slight noise when I turn up or down the volume.

 

It's not very noticeable in certain busy songs, but it's definitely noticeable in quiet songs.

 

Does this happen to anyone else?

This may be due to what headphones.

 

I just tried it on my harder to drive headphones and nope. No noise.

 

This probably means you are using headphones that are easy to drive or are just low impedence. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.