- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What volume level to set the Galaxy S4 to? Last post on 3/8/14 at 10:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- CYPHER LAB 720 DAC VS FIIOE12 Last post on 3/1/14 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp Last post on 3/6/14 at 10:50am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD598 mixed with E12? Last post on 2/14/14 at 8:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 55post #811 of 27381/24/13 at 4:07pmNot yet, I plan on it though, but it will be a little while before I get my hands on an E12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 27381/24/13 at 8:40pmpost #813 of 27381/25/13 at 1:06amQuote:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :Dpost #814 of 27381/25/13 at 1:28amThread StarterQuote:
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.post #815 of 27381/25/13 at 2:48ampost #816 of 27381/25/13 at 5:07ampost #817 of 27381/25/13 at 6:23am
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?post #818 of 27381/25/13 at 7:00ampost #819 of 27381/25/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.post #820 of 27381/25/13 at 7:06amYes. But the adapter for lightning to 30 pin has its own DAC inside. I believe that doing it this way will utilize the WM88xx inside and not the believed to be higher qualitychip and internals in the iphonepost #821 of 27381/25/13 at 7:11amQuote:
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.post #822 of 27381/25/13 at 10:08amQuote:
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.post #823 of 27381/26/13 at 8:38ampost #824 of 27381/27/13 at 2:17ampost #825 of 27381/27/13 at 6:46amQuote:
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Audeze LCD-X 45 seconds ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Parrot's Zik blyetooth headphones. 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude