- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SRS-2170 + SR-207 or Mr Speakers Alpha Dog + Fiio e12/ O2 Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- is it worth it? Last post on 3/28/14 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIIO X5 combined with FIIO E12? Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I have the FiiO E12- E11 worth trying out? Last post on 3/21/14 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Fiio, the Grado, the iPod, and the Emperor's New Clothes (iPod Touch 5G -> Fiio E12... Last post on 4/20/14 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 55post #811 of 28451/24/13 at 4:07pmNot yet, I plan on it though, but it will be a little while before I get my hands on an E12
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 28451/24/13 at 8:40pmpost #813 of 28451/25/13 at 1:06amQuote:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :Dpost #814 of 28451/25/13 at 1:28amThread StarterQuote:
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.post #815 of 28451/25/13 at 2:48ampost #816 of 28451/25/13 at 5:07ampost #817 of 28451/25/13 at 6:23am
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?post #818 of 28451/25/13 at 7:00ampost #819 of 28451/25/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.post #820 of 28451/25/13 at 7:06amYes. But the adapter for lightning to 30 pin has its own DAC inside. I believe that doing it this way will utilize the WM88xx inside and not the believed to be higher qualitychip and internals in the iphonepost #821 of 28451/25/13 at 7:11amQuote:
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.post #822 of 28451/25/13 at 10:08amQuote:
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.post #823 of 28451/26/13 at 8:38ampost #824 of 28451/27/13 at 2:17ampost #825 of 28451/27/13 at 6:46amQuote:
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor [Flagship 4W, ESS SABRE32 Model] + Free 1793 DAC 5 minutes ago
- › What should I expect with Grado SR80i's 6 minutes ago
- › Neutrality for $200 or less 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › My Very First Cans - HD600 (with HD650 cables) vs. HD650 7 minutes ago
- › Leak!!! Sony's New Portable Linear PCM Recorder PCM-D100 (upgrade... 8 minutes ago
- › For sale Dunu DN-1000 IEM 9 minutes ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 10 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob