- 839 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How well can the Fiio E12 drive the LCD-2? Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E12 Interference noise issue ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable AMP for 52 ohm Headphones? Are they all just over exaggerating? Last post on 12/3/13 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable AMP for 52 ohm Headphones? Are they all just over exaggerating? Last post on 12/3/13 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Did they change fiio E12 bass boost frequency to 100hz instead of sub bass region??? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 55post #811 of 25021/24/13 at 4:07pmNot yet, I plan on it though, but it will be a little while before I get my hands on an E12
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #812 of 25021/24/13 at 8:40pmpost #813 of 25021/25/13 at 1:06amQuote:
It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :Dpost #814 of 25021/25/13 at 1:28amThread StarterQuote:
120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.post #815 of 25021/25/13 at 2:48ampost #816 of 25021/25/13 at 5:07ampost #817 of 25021/25/13 at 6:23am
Great news! If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning. Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?post #818 of 25021/25/13 at 7:00ampost #819 of 25021/25/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.post #820 of 25021/25/13 at 7:06amYes. But the adapter for lightning to 30 pin has its own DAC inside. I believe that doing it this way will utilize the WM88xx inside and not the believed to be higher qualitychip and internals in the iphonepost #821 of 25021/25/13 at 7:11amQuote:
Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware. In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable. I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.post #822 of 25021/25/13 at 10:08amQuote:
I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.post #823 of 25021/26/13 at 8:38ampost #824 of 25021/27/13 at 2:17ampost #825 of 25021/27/13 at 6:46amQuote:
Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?
Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?
Edited by Chris J - 2/4/13 at 6:25pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 19 seconds ago
- › Budget movie headphone suggestions? 23 seconds ago
- › HRT Microstreamer + 0.5ft blue dragon USB + 1.2m Audio plus USB 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi