Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SRS-2170 + SR-207 or Mr Speakers Alpha Dog + Fiio e12/ O2 Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- is it worth it? Last post on 3/28/14 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FIIO X5 combined with FIIO E12? Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphone Amps
- I have the FiiO E12- E11 worth trying out? Last post on 3/21/14 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- The Fiio, the Grado, the iPod, and the Emperor's New Clothes (iPod Touch 5G -> Fiio E12... Last post on Today at 8:00 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 32post #466 of 282812/29/12 at 8:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #467 of 282812/29/12 at 8:15pmpost #468 of 282812/30/12 at 9:13ampost #469 of 282812/30/12 at 9:26amQuote:
The preorder was a special that FiiO offered, where ten headfiers and ten facebookers got to order early.
Following is some information from Feiao on that special offer thread regarding the release. I believe the first to be release to the general public will be the set going to Micca. Maybe you should contact them if they are doing a preorder?:
"We are burn-ing the first batch of Mont Blanc , it take 3 hours to charge it to full battery and them take about 15 hours to run off the battery with music play. after 3 times ,
we will assemble it to the final unit and test all the performance and functions, So far everything just go smooth and we may delivery all the pre order . and them the other
200pcs will be available in U.S at the end of Jan, 2013 and sold by Micca store.
The next batch will be start in Feb and the third batch will be available in March , for most customers, they may need to wait till March if they can buy one among the 1st, 2st
batch. because the total quantity before the third batch is only about 1000 units."post #470 of 282812/30/12 at 9:46ampost #471 of 282812/30/12 at 9:49amQuote:
Personally, I'd just call Micca or shoot them an email. I have no idea if they are doing a pre-order, though. I just suggested it may be worth checking.post #472 of 282812/30/12 at 9:56ampost #473 of 282812/30/12 at 2:25pmpost #474 of 282812/30/12 at 2:35pmpost #475 of 282812/31/12 at 3:23pmpost #476 of 28281/1/13 at 11:31ampost #477 of 28281/1/13 at 12:38pmpost #478 of 28281/1/13 at 2:28pmBlueLegend64,
The E17 has a built in Digital-to-Analogue-Converter (DAC), so it will act like a quality stereo sound card when you plug it into your computer. The E17 also allows treble and bass adjustment on the device. It would be classified as a portable DAC + amp device.
The E12 (Mont Blanc) is a different kind of product, it is a portable amp that is between 3 and 4 times as powerful as the E17's amp. The Mont Blanc is intended to be plugged into another source like the headphone out of an iPod, computer, etc. I am going to use mine with my iPod and my gaming setup, as the last component before I plug in my headphones (AKG Q701, which benefit from more powerful amps than a headphone designed to work with an iPod).
If I needed one device to carry around with a laptop, I would buy an E17. It's a pretty good all-in-one device. But, since I have a nice soundcard in my desktop computer (my laptop is broken), and a separate DAC for other devices, I choose to get an E12 Mont Blanc so I would have a really powerful amp that I can easily take and connect to multiple devices around my house and (hopefully) at work.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 3:45pmpost #479 of 28281/1/13 at 2:29pmAs was said before, the E12 is a portable amp, while the E17 is a portable DAC/AMP combo, you can't compare them.
But if your wrong equation "which is better" actually means "which has more power as an amplifier" I'll give you an answer: the E12 delivers around 850mW @ 32ohms (as feiao posted in the previous page), while the E17 delivers 220mW @ 32ohms... If you do your maths correctly you can easely say that the E12 turns out to have more power. For comparision, the E11 Kilimanjaro delivers 180mW at the same load, so yes, the E12 has THAT much more power.
EDIT: evshrug is faster than me!
Edited by MrScratch - 1/1/13 at 2:31pmpost #480 of 28281/1/13 at 2:42pm:P
I thought the E11's amp was slightly more powerful than the amp half of the E17?
Edit: WOAH, new design of the FiiO page! Their specs match what MrScratch said, I thought I'd read differently before. The new site has a few typographical and spelling errors, but overall shows a huge positive leap in providing more information.
Edited by Evshrug - 1/1/13 at 2:56pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › DUNU Official Notice Statement about DN-2000 purchasing (unthorized... 8 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 10 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 minutes ago
- › White Lightning Moonshine speaker cables and IC's. 17 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Soundcard vs DAC 23 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob