99.999% of headphones don't need that much power, especially for a portable headphone. Maybe they can start their all-in-one flagship desktop solution but it seems like they are focusing on the PMPs atm that also does a lot of things for the asking prices.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What volume level to set the Galaxy S4 to? Last post on 3/8/14 at 10:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- CYPHER LAB 720 DAC VS FIIOE12 Last post on 3/1/14 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp Last post on 3/6/14 at 10:50am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD598 mixed with E12? Last post on 2/14/14 at 8:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 183post #2731 of 27383/3/14 at 7:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2732 of 27383/6/14 at 5:57pmpost #2733 of 27383/7/14 at 8:51am
I'm digging this little cheap amp, very surprised how well it drives the LCD-2. For those who have this combo, check out track 4 "Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most" on Bakoon's recordings demo page.
Midway through, the lounge piano gives it up to a standing string bass, and it sounds great. Strong, tight, musical, and no need to augment with bass boost.post #2734 of 27383/7/14 at 10:35am
I just got the E12 to pair with my V-Moda M80s and am loving it so far. I do have a question though. Is the source volume (iPhone 5) supposed to be at max and then increase the volume of the E12 or does it not matter?post #2735 of 27383/7/14 at 2:23pmQuote:
I would set the iPhone to maximum.
If you are using a DOC cable, then the volume control in the iPhone may be bypassed.post #2736 of 27383/7/14 at 3:09pmQuote:
I have been using the E12 for a couple weeks and I have been setting the volume of the iPhone to max. It works great!post #2737 of 27383/7/14 at 7:51pm
really confused with people's experiences with the E12's with some of the high impedance headphones like the HD800 and T1s maybe some can unravel the mystery for me... then empty my wallet on more upgrades. Anyway, I'm finding it amazing that hooked up to my computer 80% and used a config to lower preamp 9db.. As for the DAC --> E17 Dac+ Line out --> Fiio E12 +16 db gain really rocks! I mean I can barely get the volume pot past 12. first off, is my set up wrong in any way? It's so odd to read about other reviews that describe difficultly getting ample volume with some mid-high end amps - and those amps have their own discrete power. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm getting plenty juice from my usb powered E12 instead of using something that draws like 30-40W energy to heat the house and electricity bill. something feels off... and I think great stuff can come in small packages and be more efficient.. like my usb amps :)
What gives? Is it possible that the amps already build in some boost or add reverb or whatever to make them sound more spacious and impact than they really are. I was noticed a difference going from PC -> DAC -> Amp (USB), but curious if I'd be disappointed in something that claims to do "X" "Y" "Z" and observing no insignificant difference than a Fiio and higher end asgard. I'm posting here so it doesn't offend the Asgard 2 owners in their threads. any suggestions?post #2738 of 27383/7/14 at 10:18pmTalisman,
I'm not sure man, I don't have an HD800 but I've owned and borrowed a bunch of headphones, and the E12 has been fine with all. There was only one time I had to nearly max out... my soundcard was acting very weird/wrong, and it sucked out all the volume.
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 second ago
- › Ibasso DX50 + Sandisk Ultra 64gb microSD card CA- SoCAL 23 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Battlefield 4 1 minute ago
- › Heir 4.ai 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › HD650 near mint and BTG audio 6.3mm cable 2 minutes ago
- › LCD-2 vs Grado RS2i 2 minutes ago
- › Best version of Superlux HD-681 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude