Thanks. Thats nice ;-) I can calm down. For a some time
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What volume level to set the Galaxy S4 to? Last post on 3/8/14 at 10:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- CYPHER LAB 720 DAC VS FIIOE12 Last post on 3/1/14 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp Last post on 3/6/14 at 10:50am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD598 mixed with E12? Last post on 2/14/14 at 8:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite a journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 27388/20/13 at 7:41am
I still don't find the crossfeed useful. It was one feature that spurred me to upgrade from the e11. I want to experience the more out-of-head sound. Am I just not used to it or is the crossfeed on the e12 just poorly done. Any hints on how to enjoy crossfeed ?post #2163 of 27388/20/13 at 7:48amCrossfeed isnt supposed to enhance soundstage. Crossfeed is to mitigate the issues with old stereo recordings with fatiguing left/right only audio cues. I dont kniw why anyone expected more soundstage when bith left and right are slightly mushed together, not spread apart.
You want out of the head, get virtual surround, like Dolby Headphone, THX Tru Studio, and any other virtual surround techs.post #2164 of 27388/20/13 at 7:51am
Crossfeed probably won't be very useful for the majority of albums out there or at least it isn't very helpful for me since none of my albums have the issue with that. It has no effect on sound stage so any out of head sound won't be done by crossfeed.post #2165 of 27388/20/13 at 9:15ampost #2166 of 27388/20/13 at 9:57amQuote:
If you want an out of head sound, get the sound out of your head. It's really that simplepost #2167 of 27388/20/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by starfly
Dude, chill out and don't be offended. I said: 'on a positive note, it doesn't appear to change the sound at all' and I think that's a good thing. And by that I meant, it doesn't add any coloration so it seems to be a perfectly neutral amp. I just don't need it for my SE530. If I ever get different headphones that are harder to drive, that's when I'll get an amp. For now I'll just keep the money in my pocket :)
I know this is a little more expensive, but I was very pleased with the ALO "The National" when it came to driving my headphones very cleanly. Definitely made a noticeable difference.post #2168 of 27388/20/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
Anyone see any overheating issues playing the E12 with it sitting in the case?post #2169 of 27388/20/13 at 9:08pmpost #2170 of 27388/21/13 at 10:26am
Well the e12 is about as good a amp as a person could ask for in a digital portable amp . Its distortion level is unparalled , and 850mw is like caring a scud missle in your pocket
but what it cant do is take a pair of 99cent earbuds and make them sound like a set of five thousand dollar headphones its an amazing amp but its not magic
you get what you pay for . But for as not turning the gain up the power of this beast is what makes her what she is along with clearity as well as others ect..... Just dont turn the volume up
so loud it does my cans no justice with the gain turned down . Might as well buy a new corvette and pull out four of the spark plugs and expect that V8 to really move. Just try turning the gain up
before hating on an amazing product, and NO as far as burning in a digital amplifier there are no tubes or mosfets so there is nothing to realy burn in, just micro chips and capacitors ect.....
Try getting a new set of phones if there isnt any improvement . But there wont be as warm of sound as with a tube amp , but fiio did an amazing job on this little guy for what it is !!!!post #2171 of 27388/21/13 at 10:33am
No it really dont get warm i keep mine it the case to protect it and i play the dog crap out of mine for hours on in to fubstep and hip hop with different bass heavy cans she does very well FIIO hit a home run on this little guy!!!!!!!post #2172 of 27388/21/13 at 11:14ampost #2173 of 27388/21/13 at 4:43pm
I cannot decied between the Fiio e17, Fiio e12 or the C&C bh. i once had the E17 and thought it was a grt match with Ipod classic, but i sold it. now Inhave heard gd and bad about the E12 and a lot of good about the C&C bh. I will be using it mainly for LOD so DAC feature is not a big deal but the adjustable bass and treble was awesome on the e17. what to do, i will be buying it thi weekend. I do have the X3 already just want something for my classic as lod is way better.post #2174 of 27388/21/13 at 5:59pmpost #2175 of 27388/21/13 at 6:14pm
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Parafeed amp... - tube chosen, now with schematic 2 minutes ago
- › Budget PC audio - $150-$300 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude