- 2,724 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- CYPHER LAB 720 DAC VS FIIOE12 Last post on 3/1/14 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a good car mount to hold my iPod + YoTank case + E12 Amp Last post on 3/6/14 at 10:50am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD598 mixed with E12? Last post on 2/14/14 at 8:45am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E11 v. E12 for Beyerdynamic dt 880 250 ohm Last post on 2/4/14 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Introduction)Last edited: 7/23/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives. - Page 117post #1741 of 27384/1/13 at 4:46pmLol I remember you congratulating me for getting lucky to sneak in right at the end there
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1742 of 27384/2/13 at 12:37am
what do you guys use for charging the E12 to a wall outlet? i use that old apple usb wall charger and it makes the E12 really hot, i hope i didn't destroy it.
also, any other usb cables work for charging? i tried it once with my SGS2 cable and it didnt charge, red light only stays lit and the E12 is not fullpost #1743 of 27384/2/13 at 1:02ampost #1744 of 27384/2/13 at 5:04ampost #1745 of 27384/2/13 at 5:47am
Long time reader, first time poster:
Just purchased one at miccastore.com on Monday, and it will arrive Thursday. I've been using an E11 for the past few months and decided to switch over to the e12. Really hope the e12 is a true "upgrade" from the e11 when using my V-moda M100 with ipod touch 4g / iphone 5.post #1746 of 27384/2/13 at 2:35pm
Mine is on its way to me and should be here tomorrow!
I'm excited to see it "in the metal" - I just hope it sounds good with my HD25s as that's what it'll mostly be used with while travelling.post #1747 of 27384/2/13 at 2:39pmpost #1748 of 27384/2/13 at 2:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by pngwn
I charge mine with my iPad charger. Seems like my unit is still doing all right. FiiO even pretty much says, "Use an iPod or iPad charger", though I suspect any USB adapter charger would work.
I was using my various USB chargers (ie for Samsung Galaxy S2), and it seemed to take a while to charge. I then tried using my Samsung Tab2 charger, and the red light pulses much more quickly and it charges quickest. I hope that's OK!post #1749 of 27384/2/13 at 4:40pmpost #1750 of 27384/2/13 at 5:23pm
I seriously doubt FiiO can afford to sell it for less!post #1751 of 27384/2/13 at 5:26pmpost #1752 of 27384/2/13 at 5:26pmpost #1753 of 27384/2/13 at 5:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by pngwn
I charge mine with my iPad charger. Seems like my unit is still doing all right. FiiO even pretty much says, "Use an iPod or iPad charger", though I suspect any USB adapter charger would work.Quote:
any idea what are the specs of the old ipod charger? the big one. im using that one but it gets nasty hot after an hour or two so i need to open my pc just to charge the E12 hahapost #1754 of 27384/2/13 at 10:31pmThere is no set price for the devices. FiiO allows sellers to sell at whatever price. Obviously competition and fairness keeps everyone in the same region within approx 5% of each other.
If we follow current data on FiiO units and their prices from authorized dealers
Then we can conclude that
It takes around 2-3 years before a device's un-official aurhtoized price drops 10-20% of the recommended price from FiiO(as we can see from E10 Olympus and E7).
However, 1-2 year old units and older already very cheap units(E11, E6, E17) more or less do not drop much in their price.
So whilst there is flux of 5% drops maybe in the first year, the price is generally very steady until that device becomes what seems to be a legacy series(E7, E10) as I call them.
Warning: These are just what I have personally observed and reflect nothing. Just opinion and personal analyzation. This data is also not very reliable as FiiO hasn't been around for too long.post #1755 of 27384/3/13 at 5:06am
I just received the amp and have let it get up to room temperature before giving it a whirl...
First impression is of a very high quality piece of hardware - It looks very classy and fits almost perfectly under my iPhone5 (with slim case).
I have a question though - The 0dB gain position... Does that do what it says on the tin, ie doesn't actually amplify the incoming signal? I'm confused!
With the switch in the 0dB position, the output is no louder than it is from the headphone socket of my iPhone (which I'm feeding the amp from).
Obviously switching to the 16dB position amplifies the sound significantly, but I don't understand the purpose of the 0dB position if it's not actually amplifying the source - Doesn't that just make it an expensive attenuator (unless it's at full volume)?
I realise that volume isn't everything, but clearly I'm missing something!
Edited by MrJoshua - 4/3/13 at 5:52am
- FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread, the pre order unit arrives.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Chord Hugo 3 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 9 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 32 seconds ago
- › RHA Headphones Now Widely Available In Japan 34 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › DO 2.1 SPEAKERS NEED BURN-IN?? 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude