Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies - Your Opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies - Your Opinions - Page 2

post #16 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

As someone from China....other than the Welcome to Beijing song.. That I really liked. I have no idea who made the rest of the pretty lame soundtrack....seriously.......

 

But hey...the Welcome to Beijing song was so good...that I can overlook it wink_face.gif

 

The music director was Chen Qi-gang, a highly respected (if uneven) composer of modern classical music.  He said in an interview that doing the Beijing Game had been an extremely exhausting task.  I admire his efforts but the result sounded slapdash.
 


Edited by FalconP - 7/30/12 at 6:08am
post #17 of 54
It was huge pressure to do the olympics.. The pride of china in 2008 but yeah, even despite it all frown.gif
post #18 of 54

Usain Bolt FTW 

post #19 of 54

Blake will beat him this year though :)

post #20 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

All I really care about is the score

 

China! We are number 1!


This is true. Lol. Although currently I believe it's tied I think. The total. I need to check again.

post #21 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post


This is true. Lol. Although currently I believe it's tied I think. The total. I need to check again.

The total metal is..but we have more gold!! :)

post #22 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The total metal is..but we have more gold!! :)


True. Currently it's China 9, US 5. Just checked the count. I have to tune in to some events. I haven't really watched much of it so far.

post #23 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post


True. Currently it's China 9, US 5. Just checked the count. I have to tune in to some events. I haven't really watched much of it so far.

I don't care really.. all I care is who wins and how I can brag about it :)

post #24 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The total metal is..but we have more gold!! :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post


True. Currently it's China 9, US 5. Just checked the count. I have to tune in to some events. I haven't really watched much of it so far.

 

To be truly fair, you need to divide the medals by population so that you get medal count per capita wink.gif

 

We're currently not on the medal table yet (NZ) - but early days yet.  Expecting reasonable results in the rowing once we get to the finals later in the week (fingers crossed).

post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 

 

To be truly fair, you need to divide the medals by population so that you get medal count per capita wink.gif

 

We're currently not on the medal table yet (NZ) - but early days yet.  Expecting reasonable results in the rowing once we get to the finals later in the week (fingers crossed).

Medals per capita?........ excuses excuses! 

post #26 of 54

Unless you win a medal yourself, you really don't have bragging rights. Just existing in a country where someone else wins a medal doesn't do anything for you. Your name is not recorded as having won anything right? smile.gif

post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post

Unless you win a medal yourself, you really don't have bragging rights. Just existing in a country where someone else wins a medal doesn't do anything for you. Your name is not recorded as having won anything right? smile.gif

IT's the same thing as saying "my" when referring to sports teams you like. Cheering for that sports team and celebrating when they win and everything. It's called patriotism and nationalism.

post #28 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Medals per capita?........ excuses excuses! 

 

Well I did say it would be the only FAIR way to do it ........

post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 

Well I did say it would be the only FAIR way to do it ........

Reminds me of the U.S....back when people wanted to decide who gets more votes or say in Congress, states that are larger by size or the more populous ones...we can argue both sides as seen fit for what we want in the end. I want China to win with most gold and most medals.

post #30 of 54

NOOOOOOOO. We lost First Place!!!!???

 

COMRADES..!!1 WE MUST GET IT BACK!

 

Edit:We got it back!


Edited by bowei006 - 7/31/12 at 2:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies - Your Opinions