- 25 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/12
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/27/12
- productKlipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/12
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/12More
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 7/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable headphone! Last post on 9/25/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
On ear headphones for iPod. - Page 3post #31 of 457/28/12 at 12:53pmThread StarterM-80 are on ear. I need something over ear. For better isolation.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 457/28/12 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #33 of 457/28/12 at 1:10pmQuote:
I've never tried the D1100, but I can say the HFI-580 is the best sound I've heard at its price point. I still love mine after upgrading.post #34 of 457/28/12 at 2:34pm
Edit: They isolate just as much as circumaural headphones, except for some wind noise due to the semi open vent. Circumaural headphones IMO have not cut out more noise than circumaural. An HD25 will out do any circumaural in isolation IME (more so than an M50, D1100, any Ultrasone HFI/PRO series headphone, etc just to name a few examples... the next best thing is an IEM) and it's supraaural. It has more to do with seal, clamp, and what the cups/materials are made of.
Edited by roma101 - 7/28/12 at 2:44pmpost #35 of 457/28/12 at 9:21pmQuote:
A new pair for $100? is a steal...seriously...amazon selling it expensive...$100 is worth the money anytime :)
Edited by valerianaoff - 7/28/12 at 9:23pmpost #36 of 457/28/12 at 9:23pmpost #37 of 457/28/12 at 9:25pmpost #38 of 457/29/12 at 10:17amThread Starterpost #39 of 457/29/12 at 11:12ampost #40 of 457/29/12 at 2:04pmpost #41 of 457/29/12 at 7:16pmThread Starterpost #42 of 457/29/12 at 8:30pmpost #43 of 457/30/12 at 3:02pmThread Starterpost #44 of 457/30/12 at 4:38pm
- On ear headphones for iPod.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 44 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 1 minute ago
- › AKG - K701 vs. Q701 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 QUICK REVIEW - Unforgetable Experience! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2