- 520 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Texas, US
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison between ATH M50 and Sennheiser HD558 please Last post on 9/16/14 at 5:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $200 Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- frequency response graphs (or curves) - compensating with graphic equalizer settings Last post on 8/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for alternative rock/ male vocals around $100 Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 7/25/14 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Hd558 portable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Easiest thing would be to reterminate the stock cable: cut it to the length that you want, add a 3.5mm plug, and add a female 3.5mm jack to the leftover cable to turn it into an extension cord in case you need the extra length.
Currently there is no 3.5mm cable connection on the Sennheiser headphone cables for the HD558/HD598, just 6.35mm (1/4").
Rumor was that Sennheiser might come out with the 3.5mm connector cable, try emailing them.
Or buy a current Sennheiser headphone cable and splice in a 3.5mm connector yourself (got a soldering gun?).
All you do is add into the shopping basket both the replacement cable for the hd558 and the custom option, specify length and pay. £12.50 for this seemed ok. I will get my cable next week. Happy now, as the included cable is crazy long and the adapter to 3.5mm is a nonsense with these cans.
- Hd558 portable cable
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 5 minutes ago
- › IC: Yulong D200 32bit DSD Balanced DAC/amp 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)