- 46 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Philips Fidelio X1 vs Sennheiser HD558? Last post on Today at 11:11 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio Technica m50 vs Bose AE2 vs Sennheiser HD 558 Last post on 6/15/13 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good DAC and AMP combo for AKG K240 and Sennheiser HD 558 with possibility of headphone upgrade? Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good Dac and Amp for Sennheiser HD 558 and AKG K240 with possibility of future headphone upgrade? Last post on 6/9/13 at 10:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 mods. Last post on 6/10/13 at 5:16am in Headphones (full-size)
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
I joined head-fi specificaly to post this review.... First - my credentials as a headphone user (as far as they go). I've been into hi-fi for 3 decades, and consider myself a reasonably...
Disclaimer: This review isn't based on NwAvguy words and/or the stereotypes arround the ODAC. You won't see me using the words "transparent" and or "clinical". I actually gave the thing an honest...
Asus is a well known tech company. They make laptops, desktops, tablets, motherboards, video cards, and a few other odds and ends. Around here, they are most known for their...
Hd558 portable cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Easiest thing would be to reterminate the stock cable: cut it to the length that you want, add a 3.5mm plug, and add a female 3.5mm jack to the leftover cable to turn it into an extension cord in case you need the extra length.
Currently there is no 3.5mm cable connection on the Sennheiser headphone cables for the HD558/HD598, just 6.35mm (1/4").
Rumor was that Sennheiser might come out with the 3.5mm connector cable, try emailing them.
Or buy a current Sennheiser headphone cable and splice in a 3.5mm connector yourself (got a soldering gun?).
All you do is add into the shopping basket both the replacement cable for the hd558 and the custom option, specify length and pay. £12.50 for this seemed ok. I will get my cable next week. Happy now, as the included cable is crazy long and the adapter to 3.5mm is a nonsense with these cans.
- Hd558 portable cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 48 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation 1 minute ago
- › Nokia Lumia 920 sound quality? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Mint Tralucent 1plus2 hybrid IEM w/ silver/gold cable free... 2 minutes ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's 4 minutes ago
- › Why do you people spend hundreds of dollars on headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) by TheBrutux168
- › Skullcandy 50/50 - Headset ( in-ear ear-bud ) - white, chrome by TheBrutux168
- › Sennheiser HD-600 by JustinBieber
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe