- 1,357 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Texas, US
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
Hd558 portable cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Easiest thing would be to reterminate the stock cable: cut it to the length that you want, add a 3.5mm plug, and add a female 3.5mm jack to the leftover cable to turn it into an extension cord in case you need the extra length.
Currently there is no 3.5mm cable connection on the Sennheiser headphone cables for the HD558/HD598, just 6.35mm (1/4").
Rumor was that Sennheiser might come out with the 3.5mm connector cable, try emailing them.
Or buy a current Sennheiser headphone cable and splice in a 3.5mm connector yourself (got a soldering gun?).
All you do is add into the shopping basket both the replacement cable for the hd558 and the custom option, specify length and pay. £12.50 for this seemed ok. I will get my cable next week. Happy now, as the included cable is crazy long and the adapter to 3.5mm is a nonsense with these cans.
- Hd558 portable cable
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 1 minute ago
- › Any point in going from an asus sound board to headphone amplifier? 1 minute ago
- › Gaming and Surrou...errrr...positional... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 6 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2