- 46 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help decision - Sennheiser HD 558 vs ATH-AD700 Last post on 12/3/13 at 12:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 558 + mixamp pro + external mic OR a40's + mixamp pro Last post on 11/29/13 at 9:14am in Video Games Discussion
- Sennheiser 558 question?? Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:06pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ready to buy the HD 558s unless you have other recommendations in the ~$150 price range. Last post on 11/30/13 at 8:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choosing DAC for HD558's Last post on 11/21/13 at 1:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Hd558 portable cablepost #1 of 97/26/12 at 3:39pmThread StarterAnyone know where I could buy an affordable replacement cable for my hd558's? I'm looking for something much more portable with preferably an angle 3.5 mm jack, around 6' long. I really like the cord and jack on the meelectronics m6. Under $40 would be awesome. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/26/12 at 5:21pm
Easiest thing would be to reterminate the stock cable: cut it to the length that you want, add a 3.5mm plug, and add a female 3.5mm jack to the leftover cable to turn it into an extension cord in case you need the extra length.post #3 of 97/26/12 at 8:12pmThread Starterpost #4 of 97/26/12 at 11:33pm
Currently there is no 3.5mm cable connection on the Sennheiser headphone cables for the HD558/HD598, just 6.35mm (1/4").
Rumor was that Sennheiser might come out with the 3.5mm connector cable, try emailing them.
Or buy a current Sennheiser headphone cable and splice in a 3.5mm connector yourself (got a soldering gun?).post #5 of 97/27/12 at 4:35pmThread Starterpost #6 of 97/28/12 at 5:40pmThread Starterpost #7 of 97/28/12 at 7:16pmpost #8 of 97/28/12 at 8:00pmpost #9 of 911/30/12 at 1:40amI have found a cheap simple way or get 3.5mm plug and terminated to any length.
All you do is add into the shopping basket both the replacement cable for the hd558 and the custom option, specify length and pay. £12.50 for this seemed ok. I will get my cable next week. Happy now, as the included cable is crazy long and the adapter to 3.5mm is a nonsense with these cans.Return Home
- Hd558 portable cable
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 17 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a durable, balanced IEM 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi