How exactly do I access the gain switches on the G 103?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$. Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e10 too small for Hifiman HE-400? Last post on 8/13/12 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC+ AMP Hifiman HE 500 Last post on 1/28/13 at 6:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Quick Review Thanks to HiFiMAN for the samples. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/752969/hifiman-re-300a-and-re-300h-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
- Headphone Impedance
Lake People G109 / G103 thread - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You have to unscrew the 4 bolts on the top, two at the front, two at the back. The middle of the housing is made of two parts (top and bottom). After that, you just need to lift the top.
Well I got LCD-2.2s a couple days ago and I wasn't very impressed. Specifically the lack of detail and how quickly the highs roll off compared to the HD600s. I tried switching the gain on the G109 to +12db for a day or two because you know "Hard to drive orthos" and wasn't impressed at all bass presence seemed almost obnoxious, switched back to +0db yesterday and I'm liking them a bit more. I know there's quite a few people here with LCD-2s and lake people G109s, what gain settings do you use?
I'm almost considering switching to HD800s but I don't want to give up on the Audezes quite yet.
Pop off the top and there are nice little jumpers that let you switch it. They should be labeled, it's pretty self explanatory.
Take care !
What Lake People delivers to Thomann is normally set to 230 V Mains supply.
So it can be that your ordered item is not set to 115 V AC nor has the correct power cord !
Fried Reim (CEO of Lake People)
I forwarded their response to your email address. If possible, please have a look at it. I would appreciate your advise.
Naturally I gave it a brief listen and it certainly sounded pleasing (much more "mature" sounding than my Schiit Magni). I'll run it in for about 150 hours before I give further impressions. Good news about the auto voltage selector and a great price to boot (I wasn't charged duty or taxes...bonus).
Edited by Tuneslover - 7/9/14 at 3:36pm
- Lake People G109 / G103 thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 7 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 7 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 9 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Integrated amp + headphones, questions. 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] HiFiMAN HE-500 vs Sennheiser HD600 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3