How exactly do I access the gain switches on the G 103?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$. Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e10 too small for Hifiman HE-400? Last post on 8/13/12 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC+ AMP Hifiman HE 500 Last post on 1/28/13 at 6:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Lake People G109 / G103 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You have to unscrew the 4 bolts on the top, two at the front, two at the back. The middle of the housing is made of two parts (top and bottom). After that, you just need to lift the top.
Well I got LCD-2.2s a couple days ago and I wasn't very impressed. Specifically the lack of detail and how quickly the highs roll off compared to the HD600s. I tried switching the gain on the G109 to +12db for a day or two because you know "Hard to drive orthos" and wasn't impressed at all bass presence seemed almost obnoxious, switched back to +0db yesterday and I'm liking them a bit more. I know there's quite a few people here with LCD-2s and lake people G109s, what gain settings do you use?
I'm almost considering switching to HD800s but I don't want to give up on the Audezes quite yet.
Pop off the top and there are nice little jumpers that let you switch it. They should be labeled, it's pretty self explanatory.
Take care !
What Lake People delivers to Thomann is normally set to 230 V Mains supply.
So it can be that your ordered item is not set to 115 V AC nor has the correct power cord !
Fried Reim (CEO of Lake People)
I forwarded their response to your email address. If possible, please have a look at it. I would appreciate your advise.
Naturally I gave it a brief listen and it certainly sounded pleasing (much more "mature" sounding than my Schiit Magni). I'll run it in for about 150 hours before I give further impressions. Good news about the auto voltage selector and a great price to boot (I wasn't charged duty or taxes...bonus).
Edited by Tuneslover - 7/9/14 at 3:36pm
- Lake People G109 / G103 thread
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 1 minute ago
- › ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" 2 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 6 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)