How exactly do I access the gain switches on the G 103?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$. Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e10 too small for Hifiman HE-400? Last post on 8/13/12 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC+ AMP Hifiman HE 500 Last post on 1/28/13 at 6:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
- Headphone Impedance
Lake People G109 / G103 thread - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You have to unscrew the 4 bolts on the top, two at the front, two at the back. The middle of the housing is made of two parts (top and bottom). After that, you just need to lift the top.
Well I got LCD-2.2s a couple days ago and I wasn't very impressed. Specifically the lack of detail and how quickly the highs roll off compared to the HD600s. I tried switching the gain on the G109 to +12db for a day or two because you know "Hard to drive orthos" and wasn't impressed at all bass presence seemed almost obnoxious, switched back to +0db yesterday and I'm liking them a bit more. I know there's quite a few people here with LCD-2s and lake people G109s, what gain settings do you use?
I'm almost considering switching to HD800s but I don't want to give up on the Audezes quite yet.
Pop off the top and there are nice little jumpers that let you switch it. They should be labeled, it's pretty self explanatory.
Take care !
What Lake People delivers to Thomann is normally set to 230 V Mains supply.
So it can be that your ordered item is not set to 115 V AC nor has the correct power cord !
Fried Reim (CEO of Lake People)
I forwarded their response to your email address. If possible, please have a look at it. I would appreciate your advise.
Naturally I gave it a brief listen and it certainly sounded pleasing (much more "mature" sounding than my Schiit Magni). I'll run it in for about 150 hours before I give further impressions. Good news about the auto voltage selector and a great price to boot (I wasn't charged duty or taxes...bonus).
Edited by Tuneslover - 7/9/14 at 3:36pm
- Lake People G109 / G103 thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 14 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 16 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 37 seconds ago
- › My situation with the ATH M50xBL 44 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › Mahler Symphonies Favorite Recordings 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)