How exactly do I access the gain switches on the G 103?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$. Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e10 too small for Hifiman HE-400? Last post on 8/13/12 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC+ AMP Hifiman HE 500 Last post on 1/28/13 at 6:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Headphone Impedance
Lake People G109 / G103 thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You have to unscrew the 4 bolts on the top, two at the front, two at the back. The middle of the housing is made of two parts (top and bottom). After that, you just need to lift the top.
Well I got LCD-2.2s a couple days ago and I wasn't very impressed. Specifically the lack of detail and how quickly the highs roll off compared to the HD600s. I tried switching the gain on the G109 to +12db for a day or two because you know "Hard to drive orthos" and wasn't impressed at all bass presence seemed almost obnoxious, switched back to +0db yesterday and I'm liking them a bit more. I know there's quite a few people here with LCD-2s and lake people G109s, what gain settings do you use?
I'm almost considering switching to HD800s but I don't want to give up on the Audezes quite yet.
Pop off the top and there are nice little jumpers that let you switch it. They should be labeled, it's pretty self explanatory.
Take care !
What Lake People delivers to Thomann is normally set to 230 V Mains supply.
So it can be that your ordered item is not set to 115 V AC nor has the correct power cord !
Fried Reim (CEO of Lake People)
I forwarded their response to your email address. If possible, please have a look at it. I would appreciate your advise.
Naturally I gave it a brief listen and it certainly sounded pleasing (much more "mature" sounding than my Schiit Magni). I'll run it in for about 150 hours before I give further impressions. Good news about the auto voltage selector and a great price to boot (I wasn't charged duty or taxes...bonus).
Edited by Tuneslover - 7/9/14 at 3:36pm
- Lake People G109 / G103 thread
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 seconds ago
- › Just got my dx 90 and have one question 11 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations in spending money! LOL Looking for high quality... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 + ? + ?: picking best DAC + amp for European based HD800... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)