How exactly do I access the gain switches on the G 103?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best amp for hifiman he-400 under 350$. Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Fiio e10 too small for Hifiman HE-400? Last post on 8/13/12 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC+ AMP Hifiman HE 500 Last post on 1/28/13 at 6:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
- Headphone Impedance
Lake People G109 / G103 thread - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You have to unscrew the 4 bolts on the top, two at the front, two at the back. The middle of the housing is made of two parts (top and bottom). After that, you just need to lift the top.
Well I got LCD-2.2s a couple days ago and I wasn't very impressed. Specifically the lack of detail and how quickly the highs roll off compared to the HD600s. I tried switching the gain on the G109 to +12db for a day or two because you know "Hard to drive orthos" and wasn't impressed at all bass presence seemed almost obnoxious, switched back to +0db yesterday and I'm liking them a bit more. I know there's quite a few people here with LCD-2s and lake people G109s, what gain settings do you use?
I'm almost considering switching to HD800s but I don't want to give up on the Audezes quite yet.
Pop off the top and there are nice little jumpers that let you switch it. They should be labeled, it's pretty self explanatory.
Take care !
What Lake People delivers to Thomann is normally set to 230 V Mains supply.
So it can be that your ordered item is not set to 115 V AC nor has the correct power cord !
Fried Reim (CEO of Lake People)
I forwarded their response to your email address. If possible, please have a look at it. I would appreciate your advise.
Naturally I gave it a brief listen and it certainly sounded pleasing (much more "mature" sounding than my Schiit Magni). I'll run it in for about 150 hours before I give further impressions. Good news about the auto voltage selector and a great price to boot (I wasn't charged duty or taxes...bonus).
Edited by Tuneslover - 7/9/14 at 3:36pm
- Lake People G109 / G103 thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 11 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 12 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 13 minutes ago
- › NFB-11 issues? Or am I using it wrong? 13 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 13 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 14 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 15 minutes ago
- › Sony CKL-NWZX2 Black Leather Flip Case for ZX2 16 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 17 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 19 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2