yh, the budget is around 500$
- productACS T1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFinal Audio Design Muramasa VIIItagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12More
- productWoo Audio WDS-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WEStagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WTP-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- If You Could Have Any Headphone.... Last post on 7/17/12 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Who has an end game setup? Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
For the first time I'm actually digging Beats. I've owned and tried different audiophile headphones. Sony MA900, Audio Technica AD900x/AD700x, V-Moda Crossfade M-100 and Sennheiser PC360 are some...
I really enjoyed this headset for the short period I used them. After only a couple of months of very light use (walking to the office), the headband broke at the left hinge. Unfortunately the shop...
These in ears are as cheap as it gets and you get what you pay for. Though when compared to similarly priced in ears a few things stand out. Build quality and looks are good. It comes with...
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) - Page 4post #46 of 1527/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1527/25/12 at 10:42pmpost #48 of 1527/25/12 at 10:44pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1527/25/12 at 10:47pmpost #50 of 1527/25/12 at 10:52pmThread Starterpost #51 of 1527/25/12 at 10:54pmIf $500 is his limit for amp/dac, I suggest the NFB10SE if he wants to go balanced, lol.
If not, just the ODAC + C-2.2
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 10:57pmpost #52 of 1527/25/12 at 10:55pmpost #53 of 1527/25/12 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #54 of 1527/25/12 at 11:01pmhttp://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39
ODAC (USB, so it's for PCs/laptops). It acts as an external soundcard.
C-2.2. The amp.
So depending on where he listens to music (needs USB input for the ODAC), you hook up the ODAC to your source, then a cable from the ODAC to the C-2.2.
That should be quite a good combo for all needs.
Of course he can save money by getting an amp/dac all in one, like the NFB-5.2
I have the NFB5, and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of power. 1.8 watts at 50ohm (the LCD-2 is 50 ohm).
With the NFB-5.2, it has a USB input, optical input, and coaxial input, so you're covered for the digital inputs. Just hook it up, and you're good to go.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #55 of 1527/25/12 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #56 of 1527/25/12 at 11:07pmThe NFB-5.2 is a sole amp/dac. It's all you need.
In any case, amps alone don't take in digital inputs, that's what a dac is for...
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:16pmpost #57 of 1527/25/12 at 11:08pm
This generation really needs to take more maths classes.post #58 of 1527/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #59 of 1527/25/12 at 11:11pm
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Currently, there are 2899 Active Users (469 Members and 2430 Guests)
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 26 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › A sound card for gaming and movies 200$ budget dt990 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 5 minutes ago
- › Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is... 6 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude