yh, the budget is around 500$
- productACS T1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFinal Audio Design Muramasa VIIItagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12More
- productWoo Audio WDS-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WEStagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WTP-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- If You Could Have Any Headphone.... Last post on 7/17/12 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) - Page 4post #46 of 1547/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1547/25/12 at 10:42pmpost #48 of 1547/25/12 at 10:44pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1547/25/12 at 10:47pmpost #50 of 1547/25/12 at 10:52pmThread Starterpost #51 of 1547/25/12 at 10:54pmIf $500 is his limit for amp/dac, I suggest the NFB10SE if he wants to go balanced, lol.
If not, just the ODAC + C-2.2
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 10:57pmpost #52 of 1547/25/12 at 10:55pmpost #53 of 1547/25/12 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #54 of 1547/25/12 at 11:01pmhttp://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39
ODAC (USB, so it's for PCs/laptops). It acts as an external soundcard.
C-2.2. The amp.
So depending on where he listens to music (needs USB input for the ODAC), you hook up the ODAC to your source, then a cable from the ODAC to the C-2.2.
That should be quite a good combo for all needs.
Of course he can save money by getting an amp/dac all in one, like the NFB-5.2
I have the NFB5, and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of power. 1.8 watts at 50ohm (the LCD-2 is 50 ohm).
With the NFB-5.2, it has a USB input, optical input, and coaxial input, so you're covered for the digital inputs. Just hook it up, and you're good to go.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #55 of 1547/25/12 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #56 of 1547/25/12 at 11:07pmThe NFB-5.2 is a sole amp/dac. It's all you need.
In any case, amps alone don't take in digital inputs, that's what a dac is for...
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:16pmpost #57 of 1547/25/12 at 11:08pm
This generation really needs to take more maths classes.post #58 of 1547/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #59 of 1547/25/12 at 11:11pm
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Currently, there are 2737 Active Users (464 Members and 2273 Guests)
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 7 minutes ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 7 minutes ago
- › [US TOUR] Cayin iDAC-6 (Dual AK4490 DAC) and iHA-6 (Full Balanced... 10 minutes ago
- › Review: RIVA S - High Performance Mobile Speaker 11 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...