yh, the budget is around 500$
- productACS T1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFinal Audio Design Muramasa VIIItagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12More
- productWoo Audio WDS-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WEStagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WTP-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:24am in High-end Audio Forum
- If You Could Have Any Headphone.... Last post on 7/17/12 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Who has an end game setup? Last post on 4/3/14 at 11:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) - Page 4post #46 of 1547/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1547/25/12 at 10:42pmpost #48 of 1547/25/12 at 10:44pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1547/25/12 at 10:47pmpost #50 of 1547/25/12 at 10:52pmThread Starterpost #51 of 1547/25/12 at 10:54pmIf $500 is his limit for amp/dac, I suggest the NFB10SE if he wants to go balanced, lol.
If not, just the ODAC + C-2.2
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 10:57pmpost #52 of 1547/25/12 at 10:55pmpost #53 of 1547/25/12 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #54 of 1547/25/12 at 11:01pmhttp://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39
ODAC (USB, so it's for PCs/laptops). It acts as an external soundcard.
C-2.2. The amp.
So depending on where he listens to music (needs USB input for the ODAC), you hook up the ODAC to your source, then a cable from the ODAC to the C-2.2.
That should be quite a good combo for all needs.
Of course he can save money by getting an amp/dac all in one, like the NFB-5.2
I have the NFB5, and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of power. 1.8 watts at 50ohm (the LCD-2 is 50 ohm).
With the NFB-5.2, it has a USB input, optical input, and coaxial input, so you're covered for the digital inputs. Just hook it up, and you're good to go.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #55 of 1547/25/12 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #56 of 1547/25/12 at 11:07pmThe NFB-5.2 is a sole amp/dac. It's all you need.
In any case, amps alone don't take in digital inputs, that's what a dac is for...
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:16pmpost #57 of 1547/25/12 at 11:08pm
This generation really needs to take more maths classes.post #58 of 1547/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #59 of 1547/25/12 at 11:11pm
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 2790 Active Users (468 Members and 2322 Guests)
- › Astro Mixamp + Amp help! 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › [EU] Hifiman HE-500 + Schiit Lyr + Schiit Bifrost UBER 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 impressions 8 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)