yh, the budget is around 500$
- productACS T1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFinal Audio Design Muramasa VIIItagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12More
- productWoo Audio WDS-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WEStagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WTP-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- If You Could Have Any Headphone.... Last post on 7/17/12 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) - Page 4post #46 of 1547/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1547/25/12 at 10:42pmpost #48 of 1547/25/12 at 10:44pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1547/25/12 at 10:47pmpost #50 of 1547/25/12 at 10:52pmThread Starterpost #51 of 1547/25/12 at 10:54pmIf $500 is his limit for amp/dac, I suggest the NFB10SE if he wants to go balanced, lol.
If not, just the ODAC + C-2.2
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 10:57pmpost #52 of 1547/25/12 at 10:55pmpost #53 of 1547/25/12 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #54 of 1547/25/12 at 11:01pmhttp://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39
ODAC (USB, so it's for PCs/laptops). It acts as an external soundcard.
C-2.2. The amp.
So depending on where he listens to music (needs USB input for the ODAC), you hook up the ODAC to your source, then a cable from the ODAC to the C-2.2.
That should be quite a good combo for all needs.
Of course he can save money by getting an amp/dac all in one, like the NFB-5.2
I have the NFB5, and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of power. 1.8 watts at 50ohm (the LCD-2 is 50 ohm).
With the NFB-5.2, it has a USB input, optical input, and coaxial input, so you're covered for the digital inputs. Just hook it up, and you're good to go.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #55 of 1547/25/12 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #56 of 1547/25/12 at 11:07pmThe NFB-5.2 is a sole amp/dac. It's all you need.
In any case, amps alone don't take in digital inputs, that's what a dac is for...
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:16pmpost #57 of 1547/25/12 at 11:08pm
This generation really needs to take more maths classes.post #58 of 1547/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #59 of 1547/25/12 at 11:11pm
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Currently, there are 2731 Active Users (458 Members and 2273 Guests)
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 seconds ago
- › JPlay 6 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...