yh, the budget is around 500$
- productACS T1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/12
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFinal Audio Design Muramasa VIIItagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12More
- productWoo Audio WDS-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WEStagged by System, 7/25/12
- productWoo Audio WTP-1tagged by System, 7/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- If You Could Have Any Headphone.... Last post on 7/17/12 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Quick Review Thanks to Graham Slee for the loan. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/765465/graham-slee-solo-ultra-linear-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Only issue is centered around 300Hz Can play Car Audio test track with massive bass and play an acoustic track next with no effect on one or the other without any adjustment. Pretty...
The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) - Page 4post #46 of 1547/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1547/25/12 at 10:42pmpost #48 of 1547/25/12 at 10:44pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1547/25/12 at 10:47pmpost #50 of 1547/25/12 at 10:52pmThread Starterpost #51 of 1547/25/12 at 10:54pmIf $500 is his limit for amp/dac, I suggest the NFB10SE if he wants to go balanced, lol.
If not, just the ODAC + C-2.2
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 10:57pmpost #52 of 1547/25/12 at 10:55pmpost #53 of 1547/25/12 at 10:58pmThread Starterpost #54 of 1547/25/12 at 11:01pmhttp://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=39
ODAC (USB, so it's for PCs/laptops). It acts as an external soundcard.
C-2.2. The amp.
So depending on where he listens to music (needs USB input for the ODAC), you hook up the ODAC to your source, then a cable from the ODAC to the C-2.2.
That should be quite a good combo for all needs.
Of course he can save money by getting an amp/dac all in one, like the NFB-5.2
I have the NFB5, and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of power. 1.8 watts at 50ohm (the LCD-2 is 50 ohm).
With the NFB-5.2, it has a USB input, optical input, and coaxial input, so you're covered for the digital inputs. Just hook it up, and you're good to go.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #55 of 1547/25/12 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #56 of 1547/25/12 at 11:07pmThe NFB-5.2 is a sole amp/dac. It's all you need.
In any case, amps alone don't take in digital inputs, that's what a dac is for...
DAC = Digital to Analog Converter.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/25/12 at 11:16pmpost #57 of 1547/25/12 at 11:08pm
This generation really needs to take more maths classes.post #58 of 1547/25/12 at 11:09pmpost #59 of 1547/25/12 at 11:11pm
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Currently, there are 3414 Active Users (704 Members and 2710 Guests)
- › Fostex TH900 North America US/Canada mint complete with box & stand 11 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 15 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 55 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 57 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › FAD Heaven VIII Sale or Trade for TH600 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-507 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by enthusiast
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2