Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you jog with In Ear monitors ? - Page 2

post #16 of 34

You sir are very brave 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!

post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

You sir are very brave 

 

well im pretty careful, though after two and a half years one of my cables did wear through, and im sure that the sweat and such from running and working out in them had something to do with that. But honestly, 35 dollars for a new cable every couple years doesnt really bother me if it means that i can use my 13s all the time.

post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

well im pretty careful, though after two and a half years one of my cables did wear through, and im sure that the sweat and such from running and working out in them had something to do with that. But honestly, 35 dollars for a new cable every couple years doesnt really bother me if it means that i can use my 13s all the time.

Great Points made by you Sir.

An Audio Device is meant to be enjoyed.

Congrats, Jim
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!

 

Quoted for truth!!

post #20 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!

I know this is will be shocking, but I even drink beer when I'm listening with the JH-13s!  How about that????????  (No, not in the gym....)

post #21 of 34
You sir have ballz. $1,200 beat up IEMS.
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post

I know this is will be shocking, but I even drink beer when I'm listening with the JH-13s!  How about that????????  (No, not in the gym....)

 

 

No shocking moments here, doesn't everyone ;-) I usually bring a six pack of beer to the gym since it's my most preferable way to rehydrate while working out, enjoy quality time with music and  a preferred beverage at the same time . Best of times!

post #23 of 34

I used to use a pair of philips IEM, don't know what model # as that wore out years ago. Had that pair for about 5 years and it was used and heavily abused a lot in both normal listening and gym type enviroments. Thing should have died years ago but it just kept working, it actually still works but the tip broke and it uses a wierd non standard tip so I can't find any replacements. Beyond that I use whichever IEM I feel like listening to now when I workout, m6 or the ha-fx101 I just added to the collection.

post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

 

No shocking moments here, doesn't everyone ;-) I usually bring a six pack of beer to the gym since it's my most preferable way to rehydrate while working out, enjoy quality time with music and  a preferred beverage at the same time . Best of times!

And, like so many others going to the gym, trying to find a parking space as close to the front door as possible.  My problem is I like to drink beer (well, ale, really) from a glass, which does add to the problems of trying to be discrete.  But I soon get over it.

 

Six-pack?  Must be a short session at the gym!!!

 

Aye, best of times!   Cheers!

post #25 of 34

I have some $30 Sony in-ears that I have abused whilst doing exercise (basketball, running, gym etc). They sound decent but I'm not going to lie and say that I care much about sound quality when I am focused on the workout and am breathing heavily. They have lasted 2+ years now  which is really nice. 

post #26 of 34

I now work out with my Monoprice 8320. Don't know if that counts or not...

post #27 of 34

Been jogging (and lifting) with IEM's for many years . With all the great sounding bargain basement IEM's around now I see no upside to using my better gear in an environment where I know they could get trashed. In the gym I will use something a little fancier as I can enjoy better sound there than when out running. Running it's more about which tips will stay in my ears and which cords rub the least on my clothes. Just got my Monoprice 8320 last week and am trying them and a new pair of Pany RPHJE355K's as a back ups for my regular running (MEElectronic CC51) and lifting (NuForce Ne-6) IEM's. I also have a pair of waterproof IEM's for when I go into the steam room.

post #28 of 34

i jog with my ex800st, heh.

 

doesnt fall off even when really sweaty, can hear outside noise because of vented design, and it is durable!

post #29 of 34

I use MEElectronics Sports-Fi S6 for my Gym usage, its sweat and water resistant, cable is durable , no microphonics and the sound quality is amazing for 50$. Isolation is top class with triple flanges, V shaped sound signature with good bass, Very good accessory pack and a perfect all rounder imo. Holding up good for 6 months, never had any issue.

 

http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_s/397.htm


Edited by hitme987 - 8/10/12 at 2:58am
post #30 of 34

this only applies to customs i guess for the most part, but i thought it was interesting none the less

 

http://ultimateearsuniversity.com/post/25851862168/what-if-i-sweat-a-lot-using-in-ear-monitors

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?