I have Westone 2's now for less then a year. I was Jogging & the right side went out . Is it a bad idea to jog with IEMs? Do custom iem's protect better against moisture? Im just wondering if sweat got into the the monitor at all as thats the only thing I can think of that may have caused it to stop working. I doubt its a cable issue since I took real good care of them & they were never really yanked on or accidently caught on anything. Just looking for some advice or comments since I would hate for this to happen again & hopefully the warranty will cover this as it was wonder normal use.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/26/12
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image S5itagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productXtreme Xplosives In Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YAMAHA EPH-100 REVIEW (FIRST POSTED IN EPH THREAD) Last post on 10/10/14 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs Last post on 6/24/12 at 1:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?post #1 of 347/25/12 at 3:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 347/25/12 at 3:30pm
I hate to say it man but I think its best to have a pair of "walking around IEMs" and a pair of "lifting IEMs". I had a pair of panasonic HJE-900s that I loved that broke because I abused them a little too much jogging and exercising and the like. My next pair is gonna be the klipsch s5i rugged IEMs simply because they are rugged and made to take damage, or give the phonak audeo line a shot...though I find them a bit quiet without an amp.post #3 of 347/25/12 at 5:26pmpost #4 of 347/26/12 at 9:04amThread Starterpost #5 of 347/26/12 at 9:32ampost #6 of 347/26/12 at 9:45ampost #7 of 347/26/12 at 9:53ampost #8 of 347/26/12 at 10:08am
I thought I'd comment on my experience with my W4 which has roughly the same shape as the W2.
I've had the right channel black out on me a few times (~4 times) and believe it had to do with earwax having gotten inside the shell. I never actually got the wax out and I'm afraid of damaging the contents inside by flushing it with water or peroxide. However, I did use some compressed air and shot it into the nozzle a few times and it's fixed it everytime.post #9 of 347/26/12 at 10:24ampost #10 of 347/26/12 at 11:21am
My Yamaha EPH-100 hold up very well in the gym, the cable is made from some form of elastomer, making it rubbery and very sweat resistant.
The iem's themselves are also very light, and insert deep into the canal, they can/do pop out but only when sweat gets to silly levels.
As universals go, they've been the best gym buds for me.
Though customs are the ultimate, provided you don't mind using such iem's afterall they cost a bit.post #11 of 347/26/12 at 11:47ampost #12 of 347/26/12 at 11:50ampost #13 of 347/26/12 at 2:12pmpost #14 of 347/26/12 at 4:29pmpost #15 of 347/26/12 at 6:41pm
I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Ibasso DX80 24 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 30 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 30 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 59 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Closed back Headphones under 250$ 2 minutes ago
- › HRT DSP / iDSP 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2