I have Westone 2's now for less then a year. I was Jogging & the right side went out . Is it a bad idea to jog with IEMs? Do custom iem's protect better against moisture? Im just wondering if sweat got into the the monitor at all as thats the only thing I can think of that may have caused it to stop working. I doubt its a cable issue since I took real good care of them & they were never really yanked on or accidently caught on anything. Just looking for some advice or comments since I would hate for this to happen again & hopefully the warranty will cover this as it was wonder normal use.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/26/12
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image S5itagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productXtreme Xplosives In Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YAMAHA EPH-100 REVIEW (FIRST POSTED IN EPH THREAD) Last post on 10/10/14 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs Last post on 6/24/12 at 1:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?post #1 of 347/25/12 at 3:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 347/25/12 at 3:30pm
I hate to say it man but I think its best to have a pair of "walking around IEMs" and a pair of "lifting IEMs". I had a pair of panasonic HJE-900s that I loved that broke because I abused them a little too much jogging and exercising and the like. My next pair is gonna be the klipsch s5i rugged IEMs simply because they are rugged and made to take damage, or give the phonak audeo line a shot...though I find them a bit quiet without an amp.post #3 of 347/25/12 at 5:26pmpost #4 of 347/26/12 at 9:04amThread Starterpost #5 of 347/26/12 at 9:32ampost #6 of 347/26/12 at 9:45ampost #7 of 347/26/12 at 9:53ampost #8 of 347/26/12 at 10:08am
I thought I'd comment on my experience with my W4 which has roughly the same shape as the W2.
I've had the right channel black out on me a few times (~4 times) and believe it had to do with earwax having gotten inside the shell. I never actually got the wax out and I'm afraid of damaging the contents inside by flushing it with water or peroxide. However, I did use some compressed air and shot it into the nozzle a few times and it's fixed it everytime.post #9 of 347/26/12 at 10:24ampost #10 of 347/26/12 at 11:21am
My Yamaha EPH-100 hold up very well in the gym, the cable is made from some form of elastomer, making it rubbery and very sweat resistant.
The iem's themselves are also very light, and insert deep into the canal, they can/do pop out but only when sweat gets to silly levels.
As universals go, they've been the best gym buds for me.
Though customs are the ultimate, provided you don't mind using such iem's afterall they cost a bit.post #11 of 347/26/12 at 11:47ampost #12 of 347/26/12 at 11:50ampost #13 of 347/26/12 at 2:12pmpost #14 of 347/26/12 at 4:29pmpost #15 of 347/26/12 at 6:41pm
I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking to Upgrade from DT 770 250ohms 23 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 5 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...