I have Westone 2's now for less then a year. I was Jogging & the right side went out . Is it a bad idea to jog with IEMs? Do custom iem's protect better against moisture? Im just wondering if sweat got into the the monitor at all as thats the only thing I can think of that may have caused it to stop working. I doubt its a cable issue since I took real good care of them & they were never really yanked on or accidently caught on anything. Just looking for some advice or comments since I would hate for this to happen again & hopefully the warranty will cover this as it was wonder normal use.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/26/12
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image S5itagged by System, 7/26/12
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productXtreme Xplosives In Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YAMAHA EPH-100 REVIEW (FIRST POSTED IN EPH THREAD) Last post on 10/10/14 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs Last post on 6/24/12 at 1:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?post #1 of 347/25/12 at 3:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 347/25/12 at 3:30pm
I hate to say it man but I think its best to have a pair of "walking around IEMs" and a pair of "lifting IEMs". I had a pair of panasonic HJE-900s that I loved that broke because I abused them a little too much jogging and exercising and the like. My next pair is gonna be the klipsch s5i rugged IEMs simply because they are rugged and made to take damage, or give the phonak audeo line a shot...though I find them a bit quiet without an amp.post #3 of 347/25/12 at 5:26pmpost #4 of 347/26/12 at 9:04amThread Starterpost #5 of 347/26/12 at 9:32ampost #6 of 347/26/12 at 9:45ampost #7 of 347/26/12 at 9:53ampost #8 of 347/26/12 at 10:08am
I thought I'd comment on my experience with my W4 which has roughly the same shape as the W2.
I've had the right channel black out on me a few times (~4 times) and believe it had to do with earwax having gotten inside the shell. I never actually got the wax out and I'm afraid of damaging the contents inside by flushing it with water or peroxide. However, I did use some compressed air and shot it into the nozzle a few times and it's fixed it everytime.post #9 of 347/26/12 at 10:24ampost #10 of 347/26/12 at 11:21am
My Yamaha EPH-100 hold up very well in the gym, the cable is made from some form of elastomer, making it rubbery and very sweat resistant.
The iem's themselves are also very light, and insert deep into the canal, they can/do pop out but only when sweat gets to silly levels.
As universals go, they've been the best gym buds for me.
Though customs are the ultimate, provided you don't mind using such iem's afterall they cost a bit.post #11 of 347/26/12 at 11:47ampost #12 of 347/26/12 at 11:50ampost #13 of 347/26/12 at 2:12pmpost #14 of 347/26/12 at 4:29pmpost #15 of 347/26/12 at 6:41pm
I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming! 1 minute ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...