I have Westone 2's now for less then a year. I was Jogging & the right side went out . Is it a bad idea to jog with IEMs? Do custom iem's protect better against moisture? Im just wondering if sweat got into the the monitor at all as thats the only thing I can think of that may have caused it to stop working. I doubt its a cable issue since I took real good care of them & they were never really yanked on or accidently caught on anything. Just looking for some advice or comments since I would hate for this to happen again & hopefully the warranty will cover this as it was wonder normal use.
- itemAudio Technica Solid Bass In Ear Headphone ATH CKS77BK
- categoryIn Ear
- itemJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In Ear Monitors
- itemKlipsch Image S5i RUGGED In Ear Earphone With Mic 3 Button Apple Control And Saftey Case Black Gray
- itemPanasonic RP HJE900
- itemXtreme Xplosives In Ear
- itemYamaha EPH 100SL Inner Ear Headphone
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YAMAHA EPH-100 REVIEW (FIRST POSTED IN EPH THREAD) Last post on 4/25/13 at 10:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy Sub ~$200 AUD Bassy IEMs Last post on 6/24/12 at 1:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?post #1 of 347/25/12 at 3:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 347/25/12 at 3:30pm
I hate to say it man but I think its best to have a pair of "walking around IEMs" and a pair of "lifting IEMs". I had a pair of panasonic HJE-900s that I loved that broke because I abused them a little too much jogging and exercising and the like. My next pair is gonna be the klipsch s5i rugged IEMs simply because they are rugged and made to take damage, or give the phonak audeo line a shot...though I find them a bit quiet without an amp.post #3 of 347/25/12 at 5:26pmpost #4 of 347/26/12 at 9:04amThread Starterpost #5 of 347/26/12 at 9:32ampost #6 of 347/26/12 at 9:45ampost #7 of 347/26/12 at 9:53ampost #8 of 347/26/12 at 10:08am
I thought I'd comment on my experience with my W4 which has roughly the same shape as the W2.
I've had the right channel black out on me a few times (~4 times) and believe it had to do with earwax having gotten inside the shell. I never actually got the wax out and I'm afraid of damaging the contents inside by flushing it with water or peroxide. However, I did use some compressed air and shot it into the nozzle a few times and it's fixed it everytime.post #9 of 347/26/12 at 10:24ampost #10 of 347/26/12 at 11:21am
My Yamaha EPH-100 hold up very well in the gym, the cable is made from some form of elastomer, making it rubbery and very sweat resistant.
The iem's themselves are also very light, and insert deep into the canal, they can/do pop out but only when sweat gets to silly levels.
As universals go, they've been the best gym buds for me.
Though customs are the ultimate, provided you don't mind using such iem's afterall they cost a bit.post #11 of 347/26/12 at 11:47ampost #12 of 347/26/12 at 11:50ampost #13 of 347/26/12 at 2:12pmpost #14 of 347/26/12 at 4:29pmpost #15 of 347/26/12 at 6:41pm
I work out with my JH-13s all the time, in so far as i dont have any other headphones that i would use instead. i run in them, lift with them, do calistenics with them, etc. I dont baby my 13s lol i just use them for everything :D nothing like having amazing audio everywhere!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do you jog with In Ear monitors ?
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 41 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. .... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 1 minute ago
- › M2Tech HiFace 2? 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Frequency Response Question 4 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe