I noticed it's one of the cheapest amps. What kind of headphones can it drive? 250ohm? 600ohm? Is there an article or comparison or general info about it?
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 10/11/12 at 6:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
- Headphone Impedance
FIIO E7 - what can it run?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From other head fiers I have talked to, GENERALLY headphones of the 250 ohm and 600 ohm are VERY hard to drive (not always) , the E7 probably can't do a 250 ohm (the most popular of which are the Beyer DT's)
IT's not that powerful
What price range?
What 250 ohm headphones, the driveability differs.
If you are talking Beyer DT 250 ohm headphones then from what members have told me, the E11 performs well. Although a slight majority said otherwise, so it would be best to be careful. The E11 is $60-$65. Please buy form parts express or micca to prevent fakes if you do want to purchase.
- FIIO E7 - what can it run?
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Incredible I feel! MDR V55 6 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 7 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 7 minutes ago
- › Why do CDs sound better than loss less audio files? 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for low volume listening? 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE500's 9 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe