I noticed it's one of the cheapest amps. What kind of headphones can it drive? 250ohm? 600ohm? Is there an article or comparison or general info about it?
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 10/11/12 at 6:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio e7 strong enough to power hifiman he-400? Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
- Headphone Impedance
FIIO E7 - what can it run?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From other head fiers I have talked to, GENERALLY headphones of the 250 ohm and 600 ohm are VERY hard to drive (not always) , the E7 probably can't do a 250 ohm (the most popular of which are the Beyer DT's)
IT's not that powerful
What price range?
What 250 ohm headphones, the driveability differs.
If you are talking Beyer DT 250 ohm headphones then from what members have told me, the E11 performs well. Although a slight majority said otherwise, so it would be best to be careful. The E11 is $60-$65. Please buy form parts express or micca to prevent fakes if you do want to purchase.
- FIIO E7 - what can it run?
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 39 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Mstage HPA2 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WTB:TungSol VT231 / 6SN7GT Round Plates, United Electronics 596... 3 minutes ago
- › I just got my first pair of Audiophile Headphones ATH-M50s I have a... 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Would the asus xonar dg be able to power a pair of pc 350s se's? 5 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe