Well i have literally been doing anything possible to find the correct headphone because im really nervous about spending my money and then not liking the headphone so i was wondering i have these options (i listen to dubstep, rock, pop, hip hop, alternative, reggae, R&B, classical almost all music so i need there to be great mids and highs but its the bass i want the most i want to have good quality music with great mids and highs and enough bass to rock my head off haha and to literally brag to my friends that i have the best headphone.) Also if there are any suggestions for a better headphone that i am not listing that is fine my budget is $190 but i am buying it used from ebay so it really helps so like i can maybe afford the denon 2000 and such but here is my list - Beyerdynamic dt 770, ultrasone 580, ultrasone 780, ultrasone 750, audio technica ath-pro700mk2 with a fiio e7 amp, audio technica ath50m, denon 2000, ultrasone 2400, beyerdynamic dt 990. So thats my list and all of them can include amps i just added an amp to the audio technica because i was offered the audio technica pro700mk2 and a fiio e7 amp for $160 but im open to all suggestions for more bassy headphones or all opinions on this or all amps/earcups i can use with heapdhones i will put a poll just to see between the ones i listed but i would also appreciate other suggestions if they are better but i want to impress myself and others how good music sounds being crisp and smooth hitting those highs and mids wonderfully but then when i put on some major dubstep and such i can amaze my friends and also get a good quality bass to make it sound better (closed back is better, a ton of bass!!!!, great mids, great highs, -possible noise cancellation not needed-, and i just want a nice quality semi audiophile headphone and want to buy one thats perfect instead of buying a decent one to just save a little extra money then wanting another, thanks for all answers and help and votes!!!! (P.S. im hoping to find people that have had any experience with some/most of these just so they can compare better when one can actually be the better one, and if you vote or suggest a headphone you can also give me an idea of what amps or earcups will improve comfort, bass, sounds and such, thanks!!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/26/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 Pro-80 vs Denon AHD2000 vs Ultrasone HFI-780 Last post on 2/25/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Which of these headphones are best
Poll Results: Best bass/mids/high headphoneThis is a multiple choice poll
24 Total Votespost #1 of 57/25/12 at 8:44amThread Starter
16% of voters (4)denon 2000
4% of voters (1)ultrasone 580
0% of voters (0)ultrasone 780
0% of voters (0)ultrasone 550
20% of voters (5)beyerdynamic dt 770 (80 ohms)
8% of voters (2)beyerdynamic dt 990
33% of voters (8)beats by dre studio/pro :(
0% of voters (0)bose quietcomfort 15
0% of voters (0)audio technica pro700mk2
4% of voters (1)audio technica ath50m
8% of voters (2)sennheiser 598
4% of voters (1)ultrasone 2500
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/25/12 at 9:46am
Wow... that was just about impossibru to read...
Didn't get enough answers in your other 17 polls and duplicate threads?
The best mids, best highs, most bass and bragging rights to boot... all for < $200 wow that's going to be a difficult choice.
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/25/12 at 9:50ampost #3 of 57/25/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
pretty much this.
There is no 'BEST' headphone. Everyone has their own personal preference. A lot of people prefer my $30 pannies over $150 M50's and vice versa. It will be nearly impossible to tell you which headphones are best for <$200 with best mids, highs, and bass.
You should stop worrying so much. Read some reviews and then see which one has what you're looking for and buy it. If this is your first pair of good headphones then you shouldn't worry because pretty much anything will sound better.
I'd advise to steer away from the Beats though, bad price for peformance.
Edited by Supertoaster - 7/25/12 at 2:29pmpost #4 of 57/26/12 at 11:57am
Stay away from Beats. To many fakes out there and way to overpriced.
For the money and what you listen to...
If you have an amp.. Beyerdynamic DT 990/250 Pro's Can buy them on Amazon right now for $199
No AMP Ultrasone HIFI 780, DT770/80 or Pro700mk2
No Bose no Beats and no M50's
Good Luckpost #5 of 57/28/12 at 12:18pm
I think DT770s or 990s, they stick more towards the consumer v-curve, while still sounding good. The look pretty nice IMO and they're built like tanks.
If you could spend the money, DT990s with a Fiio E7 would be a good choice. If not, like stated above, HIFI 780s or DT770s
- Which of these headphones are best
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ((t:h:e)) LoSt LovE baCK 91 9799592658 black magic exper molviji 7 seconds ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic for love SpeciAList Baba ji 17 seconds ago
- › 【≽ᔕᕼｉᐯ ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji cape town 38 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › BlaCk MaGic【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~MuThkaRni spEciaList Baba ji 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear