Well i have literally been doing anything possible to find the correct headphone because im really nervous about spending my money and then not liking the headphone so i was wondering i have these options (i listen to dubstep, rock, pop, hip hop, alternative, reggae, R&B, classical almost all music so i need there to be great mids and highs but its the bass i want the most i want to have good quality music with great mids and highs and enough bass to rock my head off haha and to literally brag to my friends that i have the best headphone.) Also if there are any suggestions for a better headphone that i am not listing that is fine my budget is $190 but i am buying it used from ebay so it really helps so like i can maybe afford the denon 2000 and such but here is my list - Beyerdynamic dt 770, ultrasone 580, ultrasone 780, ultrasone 750, audio technica ath-pro700mk2 with a fiio e7 amp, audio technica ath50m, denon 2000, ultrasone 2400, beyerdynamic dt 990. So thats my list and all of them can include amps i just added an amp to the audio technica because i was offered the audio technica pro700mk2 and a fiio e7 amp for $160 but im open to all suggestions for more bassy headphones or all opinions on this or all amps/earcups i can use with heapdhones i will put a poll just to see between the ones i listed but i would also appreciate other suggestions if they are better but i want to impress myself and others how good music sounds being crisp and smooth hitting those highs and mids wonderfully but then when i put on some major dubstep and such i can amaze my friends and also get a good quality bass to make it sound better (closed back is better, a ton of bass!!!!, great mids, great highs, -possible noise cancellation not needed-, and i just want a nice quality semi audiophile headphone and want to buy one thats perfect instead of buying a decent one to just save a little extra money then wanting another, thanks for all answers and help and votes!!!! (P.S. im hoping to find people that have had any experience with some/most of these just so they can compare better when one can actually be the better one, and if you vote or suggest a headphone you can also give me an idea of what amps or earcups will improve comfort, bass, sounds and such, thanks!!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 7/26/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 Pro-80 vs Denon AHD2000 vs Ultrasone HFI-780 Last post on 2/25/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are some good headphones for Blu-Ray Movie Watching? Last post on 2/15/13 at 8:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Which of these headphones are best
Poll Results: Best bass/mids/high headphoneThis is a multiple choice poll
24 Total Votespost #1 of 57/25/12 at 8:44amThread Starter
16% (4)denon 2000
4% (1)ultrasone 580
0% (0)ultrasone 780
0% (0)ultrasone 550
20% (5)beyerdynamic dt 770 (80 ohms)
8% (2)beyerdynamic dt 990
33% (8)beats by dre studio/pro :(
0% (0)bose quietcomfort 15
0% (0)audio technica pro700mk2
4% (1)audio technica ath50m
8% (2)sennheiser 598
4% (1)ultrasone 2500
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/25/12 at 9:46am
Wow... that was just about impossibru to read...
Didn't get enough answers in your other 17 polls and duplicate threads?
The best mids, best highs, most bass and bragging rights to boot... all for < $200 wow that's going to be a difficult choice.
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/25/12 at 9:50ampost #3 of 57/25/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
pretty much this.
There is no 'BEST' headphone. Everyone has their own personal preference. A lot of people prefer my $30 pannies over $150 M50's and vice versa. It will be nearly impossible to tell you which headphones are best for <$200 with best mids, highs, and bass.
You should stop worrying so much. Read some reviews and then see which one has what you're looking for and buy it. If this is your first pair of good headphones then you shouldn't worry because pretty much anything will sound better.
I'd advise to steer away from the Beats though, bad price for peformance.
Edited by Supertoaster - 7/25/12 at 2:29pmpost #4 of 57/26/12 at 11:57am
Stay away from Beats. To many fakes out there and way to overpriced.
For the money and what you listen to...
If you have an amp.. Beyerdynamic DT 990/250 Pro's Can buy them on Amazon right now for $199
No AMP Ultrasone HIFI 780, DT770/80 or Pro700mk2
No Bose no Beats and no M50's
Good Luckpost #5 of 57/28/12 at 12:18pm
I think DT770s or 990s, they stick more towards the consumer v-curve, while still sounding good. The look pretty nice IMO and they're built like tanks.
If you could spend the money, DT990s with a Fiio E7 would be a good choice. If not, like stated above, HIFI 780s or DT770s
- Which of these headphones are best
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 Headphones + FiiO E10K amp question and price point. 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › love online black magic specialist baba ji +91 9672747263 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The LOVE VaSHiKarAn sPEcIALiSt bAba ji +91-9672747263 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Girl Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba +91 9672747263 5 minutes ago
- › black magic specialist baba ji +91-9672747263 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)