Well i have literally been doing anything possible to find the correct headphone because im really nervous about spending my money and then not liking the headphone so i was wondering i have these options (i listen to dubstep, rock, pop, hip hop, alternative, reggae, R&B, classical almost all music so i need there to be great mids and highs but its the bass i want the most i want to have good quality music with great mids and highs and enough bass to rock my head off haha and to literally brag to my friends that i have the best headphone.) Also if there are any suggestions for a better headphone that i am not listing that is fine my budget is $190 but i am buying it used from ebay so it really helps so like i can maybe afford the denon 2000 and such but here is my list - Beyerdynamic dt 770, ultrasone 580, ultrasone 780, ultrasone 750, audio technica ath-pro700mk2 with a fiio e7 amp, audio technica ath50m, denon 2000, ultrasone 2400, beyerdynamic dt 990. So thats my list and all of them can include amps i just added an amp to the audio technica because i was offered the audio technica pro700mk2 and a fiio e7 amp for $160 but im open to all suggestions for more bassy headphones or all opinions on this or all amps/earcups i can use with heapdhones i will put a poll just to see between the ones i listed but i would also appreciate other suggestions if they are better but i want to impress myself and others how good music sounds being crisp and smooth hitting those highs and mids wonderfully but then when i put on some major dubstep and such i can amaze my friends and also get a good quality bass to make it sound better (closed back is better, a ton of bass!!!!, great mids, great highs, -possible noise cancellation not needed-, and i just want a nice quality semi audiophile headphone and want to buy one thats perfect instead of buying a decent one to just save a little extra money then wanting another, thanks for all answers and help and votes!!!! (P.S. im hoping to find people that have had any experience with some/most of these just so they can compare better when one can actually be the better one, and if you vote or suggest a headphone you can also give me an idea of what amps or earcups will improve comfort, bass, sounds and such, thanks!!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/26/12More
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 Pro-80 vs Denon AHD2000 vs Ultrasone HFI-780 Last post on 2/25/11 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Which of these headphones are best
Poll Results: Best bass/mids/high headphoneThis is a multiple choice poll
24 Total Votespost #1 of 57/25/12 at 8:44amThread Starter
16% of voters (4)denon 2000
4% of voters (1)ultrasone 580
0% of voters (0)ultrasone 780
0% of voters (0)ultrasone 550
20% of voters (5)beyerdynamic dt 770 (80 ohms)
8% of voters (2)beyerdynamic dt 990
33% of voters (8)beats by dre studio/pro :(
0% of voters (0)bose quietcomfort 15
0% of voters (0)audio technica pro700mk2
4% of voters (1)audio technica ath50m
8% of voters (2)sennheiser 598
4% of voters (1)ultrasone 2500
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/25/12 at 9:46am
Wow... that was just about impossibru to read...
Didn't get enough answers in your other 17 polls and duplicate threads?
The best mids, best highs, most bass and bragging rights to boot... all for < $200 wow that's going to be a difficult choice.
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/25/12 at 9:50ampost #3 of 57/25/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
pretty much this.
There is no 'BEST' headphone. Everyone has their own personal preference. A lot of people prefer my $30 pannies over $150 M50's and vice versa. It will be nearly impossible to tell you which headphones are best for <$200 with best mids, highs, and bass.
You should stop worrying so much. Read some reviews and then see which one has what you're looking for and buy it. If this is your first pair of good headphones then you shouldn't worry because pretty much anything will sound better.
I'd advise to steer away from the Beats though, bad price for peformance.
Edited by Supertoaster - 7/25/12 at 2:29pmpost #4 of 57/26/12 at 11:57am
Stay away from Beats. To many fakes out there and way to overpriced.
For the money and what you listen to...
If you have an amp.. Beyerdynamic DT 990/250 Pro's Can buy them on Amazon right now for $199
No AMP Ultrasone HIFI 780, DT770/80 or Pro700mk2
No Bose no Beats and no M50's
Good Luckpost #5 of 57/28/12 at 12:18pm
I think DT770s or 990s, they stick more towards the consumer v-curve, while still sounding good. The look pretty nice IMO and they're built like tanks.
If you could spend the money, DT990s with a Fiio E7 would be a good choice. If not, like stated above, HIFI 780s or DT770s
- Which of these headphones are best
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q3 iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC USB DAC, APT-X bluetooth, a new design. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 7 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear