Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? - Page 16

post #226 of 231

As an HP a8 listener, whats value for money? I mean 25 buck I phone ear bud is that. When in doubt spend, thats my motto, period. If its too much, you might be on the right track, then again i dont have stax or abyss either. cheers.

post #227 of 231

The TH900's looks extremely appealing but I'm surprised there are only two references to pairing them with the the Woo WA7 in a rather lengthy thread.  One comment reflected that the 900's were too bright (surprising but appreciate the input as I've not tried by WA7 with the Fostex's) and the second was that it's good...I think???

 

Is there anyone that can comment on the TH900 / Woo WA7 combo based on direct experience?  

 

I really enjoy the Woo.  I have upgraded tubes for it (Electro Harmonix gold tips) and after many many hours of listening, haven't even bothered rolling them as I find it so pleasing as is.  

 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can comment on their personal experience.

 

HS

post #228 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post

The TH900's looks extremely appealing but I'm surprised there are only two references to pairing them with the the Woo WA7 in a rather lengthy thread.  One comment reflected that the 900's were too bright (surprising but appreciate the input as I've not tried by WA7 with the Fostex's) and the second was that it's good...I think???

Is there anyone that can comment on the TH900 / Woo WA7 combo based on direct experience?  

I really enjoy the Woo.  I have upgraded tubes for it (Electro Harmonix gold tips) and after many many hours of listening, haven't even bothered rolling them as I find it so pleasing as is.  

Thanks in advance to anyone that can comment on their personal experience.

HS
AnakChan and a few others compared it in the extremely long TH900 Impressions thread.
post #229 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post


AnakChan and a few others compared it in the extremely long TH900 Impressions thread.

 

Thank you for the kind heads-up, Byrnie.  I've got some work to do this weekend...that thread is up to 517 pages :blink:

 

Sam

post #230 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post

Thank you for the kind heads-up, Byrnie.  I've got some work to do this weekend...that thread is up to 517 pages blink.gif

Sam
Yea I just finished the thread recently so feel free to ask me if you have any questions via pm.

**I have heard the combo myself at a recent audio show.
Edited by Byrnie - 8/16/14 at 10:20am
post #231 of 231
Sweet mother of pearl...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?