Recent Images In This Thread
- productApril Music Eximus DP-1tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFostex TH 900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Euphonic High-End Headphones Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 1st Greek Headphone Festival Last post on 9/14/14 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- please help me decide on new amp (and maybe dac) for my new LCD3's Last post on 12/29/12 at 11:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? - Page 12post #166 of 3394/9/14 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 3394/9/14 at 5:24pmpost #168 of 3394/9/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
I didn't see your historical context (went about 4 pages back in this thread) so not sure if you actually used your amps with an actual TH900 or not. From your response, it didn't specify whether you had a TH900 or not, so you could have made some observations about your two amps characteristics based on another headphone (which is fine). It wasn't really an attack more than an inquiry. Sorry if you mistook it this way.
I just recently got a v200 in and will be comparing against the ecp L-2 I have so v200 + TH900 is relevant to me. :)post #169 of 3394/9/14 at 5:51pmpost #170 of 3394/9/14 at 5:59pmpost #171 of 3394/10/14 at 9:39am
Quick shot of the v200 next to the L-2 and my dusty PWDII...cans on top.
So far, I'm loving what the v200 is doing with the TH900 but will give more thoughts over longer period of listening, since I know the "new" factor will wear off and I'm able to pick it apart for what it's not doing well.post #172 of 3394/10/14 at 9:43ampost #173 of 3394/11/14 at 4:59pmQuote:
Just took it off. Next pic will show it nekkid!post #174 of 3394/11/14 at 11:12pmpost #175 of 3394/11/14 at 11:29pmWeirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a gopost #176 of 3394/12/14 at 3:41ampost #177 of 3394/12/14 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Mahdi8
Weirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a go
Crsck otl? The one that is $279?
Edited by Canadian411 - 4/12/14 at 7:04ampost #178 of 3394/12/14 at 4:53am
that's the one but the one I use also have the speedball mod installed :) honestly if I didn't try it my self and someone told me that a 25 ohm impedance sounds good with a otl amp with output impedance of 120 ohm I would tell them that's impossible :)post #179 of 3394/22/14 at 1:11pm
so far i'm enjoying the th-900 with the conductor a lot, i just keep wondering how it would be with the v800/v200 that i sold, on the conductor there is plenty of warmth all across the band but the body and weight kind of lacks in regard to the lcd3, the soundstage however is more coherent on the th-900
another thing i noted is despite the hd800 & lcd3 sounding excellent from the conductor, driving the th-900 is much more effortless
so far i could be totally happy with just the th-900/conductor setup
the burson sabre dac goes hand in hand with the th-900post #180 of 3394/23/14 at 10:08am
I have had the TH-900's for a few months now paired with the Peachtree Nova that I already had. I have been aiming at the Eddie Current ZDSE based on recommendations (to include that of the OP :)). At a meet this past weekend, I listened to them on this wonderful piece of kit (Moth 2A3 amp with RCA monoplates). Fantastic sound! It was in meet conditions (lots of talking in the background), and it was playing through a very good SACD player. Unfortunately, out of ignorance, I didn't listen to the Cavalli Liquid Glass that was right next to this table. Does anyone out there have experience with the Cavalli with the Fostex - especially if you have experience with the Eddie Current products?
- Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › < $300 IEM's Help! 26 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear