Recent Images In This Thread
- productApril Music Eximus DP-1tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFostex TH 900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Euphonic High-End Headphones Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 1st Greek Headphone Festival Last post on 9/14/14 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- please help me decide on new amp (and maybe dac) for my new LCD3's Last post on 12/29/12 at 11:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? - Page 12post #166 of 2954/9/14 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 2954/9/14 at 5:24pmpost #168 of 2954/9/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
I didn't see your historical context (went about 4 pages back in this thread) so not sure if you actually used your amps with an actual TH900 or not. From your response, it didn't specify whether you had a TH900 or not, so you could have made some observations about your two amps characteristics based on another headphone (which is fine). It wasn't really an attack more than an inquiry. Sorry if you mistook it this way.
I just recently got a v200 in and will be comparing against the ecp L-2 I have so v200 + TH900 is relevant to me. :)post #169 of 2954/9/14 at 5:51pmpost #170 of 2954/9/14 at 5:59pmpost #171 of 2954/10/14 at 9:39am
Quick shot of the v200 next to the L-2 and my dusty PWDII...cans on top.
So far, I'm loving what the v200 is doing with the TH900 but will give more thoughts over longer period of listening, since I know the "new" factor will wear off and I'm able to pick it apart for what it's not doing well.post #172 of 2954/10/14 at 9:43ampost #173 of 2954/11/14 at 4:59pmQuote:
Just took it off. Next pic will show it nekkid!post #174 of 2954/11/14 at 11:12pmpost #175 of 2954/11/14 at 11:29pmWeirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a gopost #176 of 2954/12/14 at 3:41ampost #177 of 2954/12/14 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Mahdi8
Weirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a go
Crsck otl? The one that is $279?
Edited by Canadian411 - 4/12/14 at 7:04ampost #178 of 2954/12/14 at 4:53am
that's the one but the one I use also have the speedball mod installed :) honestly if I didn't try it my self and someone told me that a 25 ohm impedance sounds good with a otl amp with output impedance of 120 ohm I would tell them that's impossible :)post #179 of 2954/22/14 at 1:11pm
so far i'm enjoying the th-900 with the conductor a lot, i just keep wondering how it would be with the v800/v200 that i sold, on the conductor there is plenty of warmth all across the band but the body and weight kind of lacks in regard to the lcd3, the soundstage however is more coherent on the th-900
another thing i noted is despite the hd800 & lcd3 sounding excellent from the conductor, driving the th-900 is much more effortless
so far i could be totally happy with just the th-900/conductor setup
the burson sabre dac goes hand in hand with the th-900post #180 of 2954/23/14 at 10:08am
I have had the TH-900's for a few months now paired with the Peachtree Nova that I already had. I have been aiming at the Eddie Current ZDSE based on recommendations (to include that of the OP :)). At a meet this past weekend, I listened to them on this wonderful piece of kit (Moth 2A3 amp with RCA monoplates). Fantastic sound! It was in meet conditions (lots of talking in the background), and it was playing through a very good SACD player. Unfortunately, out of ignorance, I didn't listen to the Cavalli Liquid Glass that was right next to this table. Does anyone out there have experience with the Cavalli with the Fostex - especially if you have experience with the Eddie Current products?
- Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 24 seconds ago
- › High End audiophile products - not many differences to cheap... 27 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 28 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 51 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › ETYMOTIC ER4P 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2