Recent Images In This Thread
- productApril Music Eximus DP-1tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFostex TH 900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- please help me decide on new amp (and maybe dac) for my new LCD3's Last post on 12/29/12 at 11:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Caution for new head-fi peeps.... Last post on 12/7/12 at 7:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? - Page 12post #166 of 2074/9/14 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 2074/9/14 at 5:24pmpost #168 of 2074/9/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
I didn't see your historical context (went about 4 pages back in this thread) so not sure if you actually used your amps with an actual TH900 or not. From your response, it didn't specify whether you had a TH900 or not, so you could have made some observations about your two amps characteristics based on another headphone (which is fine). It wasn't really an attack more than an inquiry. Sorry if you mistook it this way.
I just recently got a v200 in and will be comparing against the ecp L-2 I have so v200 + TH900 is relevant to me. :)post #169 of 2074/9/14 at 5:51pmpost #170 of 2074/9/14 at 5:59pmpost #171 of 2074/10/14 at 9:39am
Quick shot of the v200 next to the L-2 and my dusty PWDII...cans on top.
So far, I'm loving what the v200 is doing with the TH900 but will give more thoughts over longer period of listening, since I know the "new" factor will wear off and I'm able to pick it apart for what it's not doing well.post #172 of 2074/10/14 at 9:43ampost #173 of 2074/11/14 at 4:59pmQuote:
Just took it off. Next pic will show it nekkid!post #174 of 2074/11/14 at 11:12pmpost #175 of 2074/11/14 at 11:29pmWeirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a gopost #176 of 2074/12/14 at 3:41ampost #177 of 2074/12/14 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Mahdi8
Weirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a go
Crsck otl? The one that is $279?
Edited by Canadian411 - 4/12/14 at 7:04ampost #178 of 2074/12/14 at 4:53am
that's the one but the one I use also have the speedball mod installed :) honestly if I didn't try it my self and someone told me that a 25 ohm impedance sounds good with a otl amp with output impedance of 120 ohm I would tell them that's impossible :)post #179 of 2074/22/14 at 1:11pm
so far i'm enjoying the th-900 with the conductor a lot, i just keep wondering how it would be with the v800/v200 that i sold, on the conductor there is plenty of warmth all across the band but the body and weight kind of lacks in regard to the lcd3, the soundstage however is more coherent on the th-900
another thing i noted is despite the hd800 & lcd3 sounding excellent from the conductor, driving the th-900 is much more effortless
so far i could be totally happy with just the th-900/conductor setup
the burson sabre dac goes hand in hand with the th-900post #180 of 2074/23/14 at 10:08am
I have had the TH-900's for a few months now paired with the Peachtree Nova that I already had. I have been aiming at the Eddie Current ZDSE based on recommendations (to include that of the OP :)). At a meet this past weekend, I listened to them on this wonderful piece of kit (Moth 2A3 amp with RCA monoplates). Fantastic sound! It was in meet conditions (lots of talking in the background), and it was playing through a very good SACD player. Unfortunately, out of ignorance, I didn't listen to the Cavalli Liquid Glass that was right next to this table. Does anyone out there have experience with the Cavalli with the Fostex - especially if you have experience with the Eddie Current products?
- Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP 50 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)