Recent Images In This Thread
- productApril Music Eximus DP-1tagged by System, 7/30/12
- productFostex TH 900tagged by System, 7/26/12
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/30/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- please help me decide on new amp (and maybe dac) for my new LCD3's Last post on 12/29/12 at 11:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Caution for new head-fi peeps.... Last post on 12/7/12 at 7:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? - Page 12post #166 of 2314/9/14 at 5:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 2314/9/14 at 5:24pmpost #168 of 2314/9/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
I didn't see your historical context (went about 4 pages back in this thread) so not sure if you actually used your amps with an actual TH900 or not. From your response, it didn't specify whether you had a TH900 or not, so you could have made some observations about your two amps characteristics based on another headphone (which is fine). It wasn't really an attack more than an inquiry. Sorry if you mistook it this way.
I just recently got a v200 in and will be comparing against the ecp L-2 I have so v200 + TH900 is relevant to me. :)post #169 of 2314/9/14 at 5:51pmpost #170 of 2314/9/14 at 5:59pmpost #171 of 2314/10/14 at 9:39am
Quick shot of the v200 next to the L-2 and my dusty PWDII...cans on top.
So far, I'm loving what the v200 is doing with the TH900 but will give more thoughts over longer period of listening, since I know the "new" factor will wear off and I'm able to pick it apart for what it's not doing well.post #172 of 2314/10/14 at 9:43ampost #173 of 2314/11/14 at 4:59pmQuote:
Just took it off. Next pic will show it nekkid!post #174 of 2314/11/14 at 11:12pmpost #175 of 2314/11/14 at 11:29pmWeirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a gopost #176 of 2314/12/14 at 3:41ampost #177 of 2314/12/14 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Mahdi8
Weirdly enough I found bottle head crack connected to audiogd nfb2 to be a great match th900. I know crack Is designed for high impedance headphone but it has such a great synergy with th900.
I don't own the th900 it's my friends and he is using it with a burson soloist and neko audio d100. The crack combo has a much better soundstage, clarity even bass detail. Even he agrees and now purchasing a bottle head crack. Weird huh? Anyway if you have a chance give crack a go
Crsck otl? The one that is $279?
Edited by Canadian411 - 4/12/14 at 7:04ampost #178 of 2314/12/14 at 4:53am
that's the one but the one I use also have the speedball mod installed :) honestly if I didn't try it my self and someone told me that a 25 ohm impedance sounds good with a otl amp with output impedance of 120 ohm I would tell them that's impossible :)post #179 of 2314/22/14 at 1:11pm
so far i'm enjoying the th-900 with the conductor a lot, i just keep wondering how it would be with the v800/v200 that i sold, on the conductor there is plenty of warmth all across the band but the body and weight kind of lacks in regard to the lcd3, the soundstage however is more coherent on the th-900
another thing i noted is despite the hd800 & lcd3 sounding excellent from the conductor, driving the th-900 is much more effortless
so far i could be totally happy with just the th-900/conductor setup
the burson sabre dac goes hand in hand with the th-900post #180 of 2314/23/14 at 10:08am
I have had the TH-900's for a few months now paired with the Peachtree Nova that I already had. I have been aiming at the Eddie Current ZDSE based on recommendations (to include that of the OP :)). At a meet this past weekend, I listened to them on this wonderful piece of kit (Moth 2A3 amp with RCA monoplates). Fantastic sound! It was in meet conditions (lots of talking in the background), and it was playing through a very good SACD player. Unfortunately, out of ignorance, I didn't listen to the Cavalli Liquid Glass that was right next to this table. Does anyone out there have experience with the Cavalli with the Fostex - especially if you have experience with the Eddie Current products?
- Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for 50s stuff 6 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 Review (Triple Balanced Armature) 7 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 8 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)