New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The most overrated IEMs - Page 9

post #121 of 199

have you heard the er's?   

 

Just because its a single ba etc doenst mean its value is inherent in that, take the twfk for example, it can be a fantastic sounding ba if tuned right or it can bad.

 

The auriosonics must be overated to considering i can have a set of ibuds for under a fiver.  Both dynamic drivers basically the same thing ehtongue_smile.gif

post #122 of 199
I haven't liked any of the iems dsnuts has recommended.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
post #123 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTJ View Post

I haven't liked any of the iems dsnuts has recommended.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

 

 

??

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620246/affordable-iems-canalphones-or-earbuds/60

 

you wrote that 38 minutes ago?  did you changed your mind in 38 minutes???


Edited by rickdohc - 8/9/12 at 8:35am
post #124 of 199
I wasn't aware he recommended the fx101. I came across it on my own.


Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
post #125 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by belushka View Post

What about Etymotic ER4P ? Single BA for 300 $ ? you can get single BA for 50 $.

 

You can get multiple BA's for $100 that sound worse.  While pricey, the ER4 is a specifically tuned instrument.  Though the P is my least favorite of the ER4s.

post #126 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

have you heard the er's?   

 

Just because its a single ba etc doenst mean its value is inherent in that, take the twfk for example, it can be a fantastic sounding ba if tuned right or it can bad.

 

The auriosonics must be overated to considering i can have a set of ibuds for under a fiver.  Both dynamic drivers basically the same thing ehtongue_smile.gif

 

 

Which TWFK IEM sounds bad?  I've heard 4 of them (R-50, UE700, B2 and GR01) and non of thoughs sound bad and I haven't read any other reviews that say theres a pair that does.  Granted some sound better than others but I can't think of one that would just sounds flat out bad.  If your going to say the ADDIEM it doesn't use a TWFK its some weird Knowles hybrid dual BA.

post #127 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by belushka View Post

What about Etymotic ER4P ? Single BA for 300 $ ? you can get single BA for 50 $.

Since we can get dynamic drivers for next to nothing, does that mean more expensive/high end dynamic driver earphones are all overrated?

post #128 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Since we can get dynamic drivers for next to nothing, does that mean more expensive/high end dynamic driver earphones are all overrated?

 

You can polish a piece of crap but in the end it is still a shiny turd ;).

post #129 of 199

Beats Tour. Simple as that. 

post #130 of 199

Every IEM's that I don't like and particular the ones I haven't heard, period! IMO


Edited by Jupiterknight - 8/9/12 at 9:23pm
post #131 of 199

And what would those be? ;)
 

post #132 of 199

The one's I don't like or the one's I haven't heard? Just to narrow down my list :-) 

post #133 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by belushka View Post

What are, in your opinion, the most overrated/overpriced IEM's ? I think that IE8 are probably overrated/overpriced

This is too funny. I had the opposite experience with the IE8. Sure it needs 500 hours of burn-in but once it is burned in, I found the sound of the humble iPod/IE8 combo better than most of the high-end systems at audiophile meets. 

post #134 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhunternyc View Post

This is too funny. I had the opposite experience with the IE8. Sure it needs 500 hours of burn-in but once it is burned in, I found the sound of the humble iPod/IE8 combo better than most of the high-end systems at audiophile meets. 

Different people, different hearings :P


Edited by Bokyung - 8/9/12 at 10:44pm
post #135 of 199

Westone 3 and 4. Hands down.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: