New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The most overrated IEMs - Page 8

post #106 of 199

No problem getting a deep fit, i had it varying from just the tip of the housing sticking out and tried different points along the canal till just resting on the outside.  i preferred it deeper, i use the yams with extreme deep and my gr-07 just sit on the outside both working well in their variances.  Stock tips were terrible so i tried a selection from my other iems listed below with varying results but still nothing overly impressive.  Music was at 320 or flac through various genres acoustic guitar and some binaural tracks being the ones that were better.  Tried with an ipod/e11/arrow/zo  cube and clip.

Just not for me i guess but may be perfect for others.

post #107 of 199

Sorry tiny didnt see your post when i was replying to anax above, still have them, meant to put them up for sale monday but the gf (also a iem junkie) wants to try them before, im pretty sure with the amounts of seals tips and position combos i tried that its not a seal issue but i will take a look at the sensaphonics and get back to you. cheers for that.

post #108 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Sorry tiny didnt see your post when i was replying to anax above, still have them, meant to put them up for sale monday but the gf (also a iem junkie) wants to try them before, im pretty sure with the amounts of seals tips and position combos i tried that its not a seal issue but i will take a look at the sensaphonics and get back to you. cheers for that.

 

LOL, sounds good.  You did do plenty of testing.  I'd hate to do it, but I do want to ask you to do it again with the SensaPhonics test (probably the best test to test a seal).  If you have an iOS device, you can also use the Scosche tuneQ test to test your tips against their 30 Hz tone (all I use the app for).  Same type of test, loudest bass wins out.  

 

There are many IEMs that are notorious for having horrid sounds with a good fit, but improve greatly with a great fit.  Two big names actually have a very similar signature: the W4s and the B2s.  There are others.  Etymotic for example is a big one.  Aurisonics is another.


Edited by tinyman392 - 8/7/12 at 3:48pm
post #109 of 199

No IOS here im a wp7 man soon to be wp8.  I just downloaded the test file from sensaphonics, will get the tips out again and give it another round tomorrow.  Thanks for trying to help.  the pfe sound great with the black filters and comparable in bass to the b2 when using the greys, luckily i also have the greens in case i need to go deeper.

post #110 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

No IOS here im a wp7 man soon to be wp8.  I just downloaded the test file from sensaphonics, will get the tips out again and give it another round tomorrow.  Thanks for trying to help.  the pfe sound great with the black filters and comparable in bass to the b2 when using the greys, luckily i also have the greens in case i need to go deeper.

 

LOL, WP8 looks very nice actually.  I thought you were comparing bass with the grey filters :p  They are comparable with the grey filters (B2 should have more quantity).  Still worth a try; even if at this point I think you actually did get a seal.  

post #111 of 199

Why all the hate on the TF10's? I was lucky to get them when they were on sale for $99 and I must say that it was a probably the best $99 I spent! It was unfortunate that they were really uncomfortable, but they sounded pretty!

post #112 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Interesting. I think it's because they don't go balls out on the bass on those kinds of songs. I love the bass texture and speed, especially when it retains good impact. The fact that it somewhat restrains itself on those genres makes it great for other genres as well.

 

The bass sounds great with edm thats not my problem its the lack of energy in the mids and highs (more the highs than mids).  They have great detail but for some reason they just sound boring with edm.  I hear people talk about the highs and how they can be bright but mine aren't what I'd call bright sounding at all, good sparkle but not bright.

post #113 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Sorry tiny didnt see your post when i was replying to anax above, still have them, meant to put them up for sale monday but the gf (also a iem junkie) wants to try them before, im pretty sure with the amounts of seals tips and position combos i tried that its not a seal issue but i will take a look at the sensaphonics and get back to you. cheers for that.

 

Well sounds like you got them deep enough then.  If you haven't tried a smaller bore tip maybe the Ety silicone flange might help balance the signature.

post #114 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5r2an View Post

Why all the hate on the TF10's? I was lucky to get them when they were on sale for $99 and I must say that it was a probably the best $99 I spent! It was unfortunate that they were really uncomfortable, but they sounded pretty!

liked the sound hated the fit, got them reshelled very nice.  should make nice customs if you get the for 99 and then get a fisher reshell.

post #115 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 

The bass sounds great with edm thats not my problem its the lack of energy in the mids and highs (more the highs than mids).  They have great detail but for some reason they just sound boring with edm.  I hear people talk about the highs and how they can be bright but mine aren't what I'd call bright sounding at all, good sparkle but not bright.

 

Oh ok. You probably mean the dynamic range. Yeah, it's not the GR07's strong suit sue to its stage monitor tuning,

post #116 of 199

bose ie2 are literally as good as stock earbuds that come with your pmp or cell phone, i have no idea why in the world people would by them for 100 bucks, and they still continue to do so :x

post #117 of 199

I actually found them to be better than stock ear buds but when compared to high end IEMs or even mid-fi they are quite mediocre.
 

post #118 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I actually found them to be better than stock ear buds but when compared to high end IEMs or even mid-fi they are quite mediocre.
 

they were wayyy to harsh to listen to at the slightly above average volumes i listen to

post #119 of 199

Sorry guys,   ...I don't have any IEMs I can add to the list. frown.gif

 

Some dude by the nick of DSnut keeps spoiling it for me by reccommending cheapos that punches well above their respective price point.wink.gif

 

...Actually, I had to pick up an unknown China brand iem for $10 just to find out what a "bad" pair of iem sounds like so that I have a reference ! 

post #120 of 199
Thread Starter 

What about Etymotic ER4P ? Single BA for 300 $ ? you can get single BA for 50 $.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: