Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for hearing impaired..read on please Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some help choosing a headphone, coming from IEM's. Last post on 9/8/12 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need help buying a Bluetooth headphone for listening to METAL! Last post on 8/15/12 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/25/12 at 5:37am
I would err on the side of caution and call fake, although they do look genuine to my eye. When I bought my IE8s from eBay, I insisted on having a high-resolution photo emailed to me, so I could verify.
This was a year ago, so apologies if my memory is fuzzy, but from what I can remember, you should look for a red cable that's clearly visible through the plastic of the earbud connector (where the bud attaches to the cable). Also, check the Sennheiser logo on the buds themselves - the straight right-angle edges on the logo should be thin. If in doubt, you can try searching around for comparison photos.
HTH :)post #3 of 77/25/12 at 8:29am
there are super a lot of fakes on ebay mann..... haha better not to trust unless theres like super a lot of good reviews for the seller! I almost got scammed by these fakes a while back:/post #4 of 77/25/12 at 8:35ampost #5 of 77/25/12 at 8:36ampost #6 of 77/27/12 at 3:07pm
here is an excerpt of the text from his ad:Quote:Sennhieser IE8 earphones. These have been opened hence the price. These were for my wife but she never uses them.
They come with all the accessories which have never been used.
I have sold these before with very happy customers, check my feedback.
I will post internationally.
Thanks for looking
seems like the second part kinda contradicts the first part.
also, the fact that there is a picture of some iems, in no way guarantees it is a photo of exactly what you will be getting..... not unlike internet dating!!
Edited by fzman - 7/27/12 at 3:08pmpost #7 of 77/30/12 at 8:10am
Here are links to our US authorized dealers partners, as well as a list of non-authorized merchants:
Authorized dealers have a direct relationship with Sennheiser while upholding the highest standards for product integrity in the logistics chain. At any given time, a Sennheiser representative can validate the product at its current position in the supply chain.
Non-authorized dealers selling "legit" product have no relationship with Sennheiser. They may get their goods from a source that is questionable; perhaps they are stolen, returned, refurbished (even though they say they are new), new, old, counterfeit...we have no idea. They may not have been stored in the proper environment (were they in a truck for an entire winter with no heat?) and thus we cannot guarantee the product to perform as it would when going through the appropriate supply chain.
If a price is "too good to be true", it generally is. Only buy from an authorized dealer in your country.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 25 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 30 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 53 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience 3 minutes ago
- › SPDIF--->USB 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)