Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for hearing impaired..read on please Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some help choosing a headphone, coming from IEM's. Last post on 9/8/12 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need help buying a Bluetooth headphone for listening to METAL! Last post on 8/15/12 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/25/12 at 5:37am
I would err on the side of caution and call fake, although they do look genuine to my eye. When I bought my IE8s from eBay, I insisted on having a high-resolution photo emailed to me, so I could verify.
This was a year ago, so apologies if my memory is fuzzy, but from what I can remember, you should look for a red cable that's clearly visible through the plastic of the earbud connector (where the bud attaches to the cable). Also, check the Sennheiser logo on the buds themselves - the straight right-angle edges on the logo should be thin. If in doubt, you can try searching around for comparison photos.
HTH :)post #3 of 77/25/12 at 8:29am
there are super a lot of fakes on ebay mann..... haha better not to trust unless theres like super a lot of good reviews for the seller! I almost got scammed by these fakes a while back:/post #4 of 77/25/12 at 8:35ampost #5 of 77/25/12 at 8:36ampost #6 of 77/27/12 at 3:07pm
here is an excerpt of the text from his ad:Quote:Sennhieser IE8 earphones. These have been opened hence the price. These were for my wife but she never uses them.
They come with all the accessories which have never been used.
I have sold these before with very happy customers, check my feedback.
I will post internationally.
Thanks for looking
seems like the second part kinda contradicts the first part.
also, the fact that there is a picture of some iems, in no way guarantees it is a photo of exactly what you will be getting..... not unlike internet dating!!
Edited by fzman - 7/27/12 at 3:08pmpost #7 of 77/30/12 at 8:10am
Here are links to our US authorized dealers partners, as well as a list of non-authorized merchants:
Authorized dealers have a direct relationship with Sennheiser while upholding the highest standards for product integrity in the logistics chain. At any given time, a Sennheiser representative can validate the product at its current position in the supply chain.
Non-authorized dealers selling "legit" product have no relationship with Sennheiser. They may get their goods from a source that is questionable; perhaps they are stolen, returned, refurbished (even though they say they are new), new, old, counterfeit...we have no idea. They may not have been stored in the proper environment (were they in a truck for an entire winter with no heat?) and thus we cannot guarantee the product to perform as it would when going through the appropriate supply chain.
If a price is "too good to be true", it generally is. Only buy from an authorized dealer in your country.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 37 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Meet Saturday 29/6/13 46 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Coffman Labs H1-A: Full Review 2 minutes ago
- › Apple-Fi (Mac's, iPhone's, All Thing Apple) 2 minutes ago
- › Album art game 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › more stuff for sale 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 286 IEMs compared (LG Quadbeat & TDK MT300 Added... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe