Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for hearing impaired..read on please Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some help choosing a headphone, coming from IEM's. Last post on 9/8/12 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need help buying a Bluetooth headphone for listening to METAL! Last post on 8/15/12 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/25/12 at 5:37am
I would err on the side of caution and call fake, although they do look genuine to my eye. When I bought my IE8s from eBay, I insisted on having a high-resolution photo emailed to me, so I could verify.
This was a year ago, so apologies if my memory is fuzzy, but from what I can remember, you should look for a red cable that's clearly visible through the plastic of the earbud connector (where the bud attaches to the cable). Also, check the Sennheiser logo on the buds themselves - the straight right-angle edges on the logo should be thin. If in doubt, you can try searching around for comparison photos.
HTH :)post #3 of 77/25/12 at 8:29am
there are super a lot of fakes on ebay mann..... haha better not to trust unless theres like super a lot of good reviews for the seller! I almost got scammed by these fakes a while back:/post #4 of 77/25/12 at 8:35ampost #5 of 77/25/12 at 8:36ampost #6 of 77/27/12 at 3:07pm
here is an excerpt of the text from his ad:Quote:Sennhieser IE8 earphones. These have been opened hence the price. These were for my wife but she never uses them.
They come with all the accessories which have never been used.
I have sold these before with very happy customers, check my feedback.
I will post internationally.
Thanks for looking
seems like the second part kinda contradicts the first part.
also, the fact that there is a picture of some iems, in no way guarantees it is a photo of exactly what you will be getting..... not unlike internet dating!!
Edited by fzman - 7/27/12 at 3:08pmpost #7 of 77/30/12 at 8:10am
Here are links to our US authorized dealers partners, as well as a list of non-authorized merchants:
Authorized dealers have a direct relationship with Sennheiser while upholding the highest standards for product integrity in the logistics chain. At any given time, a Sennheiser representative can validate the product at its current position in the supply chain.
Non-authorized dealers selling "legit" product have no relationship with Sennheiser. They may get their goods from a source that is questionable; perhaps they are stolen, returned, refurbished (even though they say they are new), new, old, counterfeit...we have no idea. They may not have been stored in the proper environment (were they in a truck for an entire winter with no heat?) and thus we cannot guarantee the product to perform as it would when going through the appropriate supply chain.
If a price is "too good to be true", it generally is. Only buy from an authorized dealer in your country.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › How do I rip the tunes from a DVD Video? 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 7 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...