Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for hearing impaired..read on please Last post on 10/2/12 at 5:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some help choosing a headphone, coming from IEM's. Last post on 9/8/12 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need help buying a Bluetooth headphone for listening to METAL! Last post on 8/15/12 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/25/12 at 5:37am
I would err on the side of caution and call fake, although they do look genuine to my eye. When I bought my IE8s from eBay, I insisted on having a high-resolution photo emailed to me, so I could verify.
This was a year ago, so apologies if my memory is fuzzy, but from what I can remember, you should look for a red cable that's clearly visible through the plastic of the earbud connector (where the bud attaches to the cable). Also, check the Sennheiser logo on the buds themselves - the straight right-angle edges on the logo should be thin. If in doubt, you can try searching around for comparison photos.
HTH :)post #3 of 77/25/12 at 8:29am
there are super a lot of fakes on ebay mann..... haha better not to trust unless theres like super a lot of good reviews for the seller! I almost got scammed by these fakes a while back:/post #4 of 77/25/12 at 8:35ampost #5 of 77/25/12 at 8:36ampost #6 of 77/27/12 at 3:07pm
here is an excerpt of the text from his ad:Quote:Sennhieser IE8 earphones. These have been opened hence the price. These were for my wife but she never uses them.
They come with all the accessories which have never been used.
I have sold these before with very happy customers, check my feedback.
I will post internationally.
Thanks for looking
seems like the second part kinda contradicts the first part.
also, the fact that there is a picture of some iems, in no way guarantees it is a photo of exactly what you will be getting..... not unlike internet dating!!
Edited by fzman - 7/27/12 at 3:08pmpost #7 of 77/30/12 at 8:10am
Here are links to our US authorized dealers partners, as well as a list of non-authorized merchants:
Authorized dealers have a direct relationship with Sennheiser while upholding the highest standards for product integrity in the logistics chain. At any given time, a Sennheiser representative can validate the product at its current position in the supply chain.
Non-authorized dealers selling "legit" product have no relationship with Sennheiser. They may get their goods from a source that is questionable; perhaps they are stolen, returned, refurbished (even though they say they are new), new, old, counterfeit...we have no idea. They may not have been stored in the proper environment (were they in a truck for an entire winter with no heat?) and thus we cannot guarantee the product to perform as it would when going through the appropriate supply chain.
If a price is "too good to be true", it generally is. Only buy from an authorized dealer in your country.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is this senneheiser ie8 fake? please help me out guys!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Which model of Comply tips do you like best? 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 43 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 49 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › PS AUDIO PerfectWave DAC Mk. I > Mk. II 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425-V FINAL Price Drop! 4 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2