Ok, so I have the ultrasone HFI 580's. I only have onboard audio. No DAC or amp. I see that the Fiio e10 is a dac/amp combo, but it says it only does 96000 Hz / 24 bits. While my onboard can do 196000 Hz / 24 bits. So, will I get better sound quality? Becuase when I put my headphones at 196000, they sound so much more clear than at 96000. Will this be a downgrade going to the new dac or should i stay with onboard? I have the newest realtek drivers ( $180 newest motherboard ) Computers only 2 months old.
Related Forum Threads
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice? Last post on 7/16/12 at 9:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Your favourite headphone experience yet. Last post on 1/23/12 at 2:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Bayer Dt-990 or Something Else for Trance/J-pop/Electronic Music. I need that... Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 3/22/17 at 8:59pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
DAC vs Onboard audiopost #1 of 47/24/12 at 5:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/10/15 at 9:51ampost #3 of 41/10/15 at 3:22pm
Do you have any actual 24/96 or 24/192 files? It's best to match Windows' sample rate to the files you play the most. Any outboard DAC will be an upgrade, plus that will be a better driving sourcepost #4 of 41/11/15 at 1:51pmQuote:
This got me scratching my head. I only have FLAC files.
At the time when I tested with a $50 SIIG DAC using SPDIF supporting ONLY up to 16/96000 Hz.
I switched the source back to the stereo out (24/192000) using the same song & didn't touch the matched volume levels on the SPDIF/Stereo Plug/Amplifier for the sake of consistency. Didn't even move the headphones on my head.
Thennnnnnn, the Stereo output settings (24/192000) won my ears against the SPDIF (16/96000).
To be fair, maybe the $50 SIIG DAC is a real POS and I should seek out a DAC supporting 24/192000 (FiiO D3 192KHz/24 Bit). If I get around to testing, I'll post my results.
Any other suggestions out there?
- DAC vs Onboard audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Hifiman Edition X 11 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 47 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 2 minutes ago
- › 【जीवन साथी】=91-9958802839 husband wife dispute problem solution... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Prion4 2-Pin CIEM 3.5mm TRRS Cable 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear