Ok, so I have the ultrasone HFI 580's. I only have onboard audio. No DAC or amp. I see that the Fiio e10 is a dac/amp combo, but it says it only does 96000 Hz / 24 bits. While my onboard can do 196000 Hz / 24 bits. So, will I get better sound quality? Becuase when I put my headphones at 196000, they sound so much more clear than at 96000. Will this be a downgrade going to the new dac or should i stay with onboard? I have the newest realtek drivers ( $180 newest motherboard ) Computers only 2 months old.
Related Forum Threads
- Does a headphone amp do the ATH-M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 justice? Last post on 7/16/12 at 9:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Your favourite headphone experience yet. Last post on 1/23/12 at 2:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Bayer Dt-990 or Something Else for Trance/J-pop/Electronic Music. I need that... Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on Yesterday at 8:38 am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
DAC vs Onboard audiopost #1 of 47/24/12 at 5:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/10/15 at 9:51ampost #3 of 41/10/15 at 3:22pm
Do you have any actual 24/96 or 24/192 files? It's best to match Windows' sample rate to the files you play the most. Any outboard DAC will be an upgrade, plus that will be a better driving sourcepost #4 of 41/11/15 at 1:51pmQuote:
This got me scratching my head. I only have FLAC files.
At the time when I tested with a $50 SIIG DAC using SPDIF supporting ONLY up to 16/96000 Hz.
I switched the source back to the stereo out (24/192000) using the same song & didn't touch the matched volume levels on the SPDIF/Stereo Plug/Amplifier for the sake of consistency. Didn't even move the headphones on my head.
Thennnnnnn, the Stereo output settings (24/192000) won my ears against the SPDIF (16/96000).
To be fair, maybe the $50 SIIG DAC is a real POS and I should seek out a DAC supporting 24/192000 (FiiO D3 192KHz/24 Bit). If I get around to testing, I'll post my results.
Any other suggestions out there?
- DAC vs Onboard audio
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › USB C Digital Interconnect 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › New Posts Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear