Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD 650 Weakest Link Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 Amp Choice Last post on 5/28/13 at 10:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Opinions / Experience wanted: DT880 DAC/AMP combo Last post on 9/8/12 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. - Page 8post #106 of 33110/25/13 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 33110/27/13 at 5:12pm
I recently picked up a used Valhalla, I'm loving how it sounds, but I'm getting curious and want to change the input tubes. Problem is that I have one of the first versions that may or may not work with other tubes. Anybody have the V1 Valhalla with nonstandard input tubes? If so, what are they?post #108 of 33110/28/13 at 3:31amIt seems, that from the first version of the Valhalla as input tubes were used the same 6N1P. Simply the first version do not allow tube rolling to the similar types of these tubes, such as 6DJ8, 6922, 6BZ7 and others.post #109 of 33111/30/13 at 6:26am
Hi everybody! Seems this thread isn't very popular, so I'll update.
Yesterday, I've got tubes for the Valhalla. Tubes were purchased from the eBay seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/4951511020. Really good seller, the only weakness is Russian post - very slow, took a month to arrive. So here they are:
Gold Grid Rocket logo "Voskhod" 6N1P-EV-OC from the 1980's:
Gold Grid Novosibirsk "OTK" signed 6N6P from the 1990's:
From the first minutes of listening, I can say that these tubes are good improvement over the stock tubes. The bass is more punchy and sound is very detailed.post #110 of 33111/30/13 at 2:33pmpost #111 of 33112/18/13 at 12:40pmpost #112 of 33112/18/13 at 3:16pm
I know this is a pretty late reply, but I was able to get a pair of Sovtek 6N1Ps for free since I had left over money on my account at an online store. They should work with V1 Valhalla, right? The only rollable tubes are 6N1P if I understand your previous post.
Decided to ask schiit themselves.
Edited by JustinBieber - 12/18/13 at 4:09pmpost #113 of 33112/28/13 at 6:28amQuote:
Looking forward for your impressions.post #114 of 33112/28/13 at 6:45am
Recently received Russian tubes from the seller I mentioned earlier.
These are Gold Pins Gold Grid 6N6P from 1980's (seems to be quite rare):
And Gold Pins Gold Grid 6N1P-EV-OC from 1980's:
These tubes are sounding very good. The bass is strong and punchy (standard tubes had lack of it), the mids are well defined with a small touch of warmth, the highs are detailed and transparent. These are the best tubes of the 6N6P's and 6N1P's families I've listened to.
Edited by MaDD0G - 12/28/13 at 7:10ampost #115 of 33112/28/13 at 7:08amI've had multiple good experiences with this website and associated eBay seller:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=300640453043&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=bsa_79&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.X6n&_nkw=6n&_sacat=0&_from=R40Quote:Originally Posted by gefski
I can't really find sources for 6N6Ps. Have spare set from Schiit, but that's it. I looked at a couple Russian sites, but am unsure about that (one had scam type warnings when I googled around). Ideas anyone?
Since 6N6Ps directly drive the headphones, they should provide significant differences. For the front end, there are lots of 6DJ8/6922 variants.
That said, I've been very happy with the Valhalla using stock tubes (and less happy with some of the 6922s I've tried).
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/28/13 at 7:20ampost #116 of 33112/28/13 at 12:35pmpost #117 of 33112/30/13 at 7:45ampost #118 of 3311/3/14 at 1:22amThe two E88CC-CCA telefunken arrived yesterday, i started the burn in.
I just listened them a little after three hours of burn in, but i prefer to wait some other hours before writing my impressions...
I only can tell that for the price i pay them, i have big expectations... And i would like to have more that i heard at the moment...post #119 of 3311/3/14 at 5:19am
- Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 17 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 52 seconds ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the best pair of in-ear headphones in the $100 price range 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 5 minutes ago
- › Noble 3 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)