Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD 650 Weakest Link Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 Amp Choice Last post on 5/28/13 at 10:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Opinions / Experience wanted: DT880 DAC/AMP combo Last post on 9/8/12 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. - Page 8post #106 of 50010/25/13 at 7:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 50010/27/13 at 5:12pm
I recently picked up a used Valhalla, I'm loving how it sounds, but I'm getting curious and want to change the input tubes. Problem is that I have one of the first versions that may or may not work with other tubes. Anybody have the V1 Valhalla with nonstandard input tubes? If so, what are they?post #108 of 50010/28/13 at 3:31amIt seems, that from the first version of the Valhalla as input tubes were used the same 6N1P. Simply the first version do not allow tube rolling to the similar types of these tubes, such as 6DJ8, 6922, 6BZ7 and others.post #109 of 50011/30/13 at 6:26am
Hi everybody! Seems this thread isn't very popular, so I'll update.
Yesterday, I've got tubes for the Valhalla. Tubes were purchased from the eBay seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/4951511020. Really good seller, the only weakness is Russian post - very slow, took a month to arrive. So here they are:
Gold Grid Rocket logo "Voskhod" 6N1P-EV-OC from the 1980's:
Gold Grid Novosibirsk "OTK" signed 6N6P from the 1990's:
From the first minutes of listening, I can say that these tubes are good improvement over the stock tubes. The bass is more punchy and sound is very detailed.post #110 of 50011/30/13 at 2:33pmpost #111 of 50012/18/13 at 12:40pmpost #112 of 50012/18/13 at 3:16pm
I know this is a pretty late reply, but I was able to get a pair of Sovtek 6N1Ps for free since I had left over money on my account at an online store. They should work with V1 Valhalla, right? The only rollable tubes are 6N1P if I understand your previous post.
Decided to ask schiit themselves.
Edited by JustinBieber - 12/18/13 at 4:09pmpost #113 of 50012/28/13 at 6:28amQuote:
Looking forward for your impressions.post #114 of 50012/28/13 at 6:45am
Recently received Russian tubes from the seller I mentioned earlier.
These are Gold Pins Gold Grid 6N6P from 1980's (seems to be quite rare):
And Gold Pins Gold Grid 6N1P-EV-OC from 1980's:
These tubes are sounding very good. The bass is strong and punchy (standard tubes had lack of it), the mids are well defined with a small touch of warmth, the highs are detailed and transparent. These are the best tubes of the 6N6P's and 6N1P's families I've listened to.
Edited by MaDD0G - 12/28/13 at 7:10ampost #115 of 50012/28/13 at 7:08amI've had multiple good experiences with this website and associated eBay seller:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=300640453043&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=bsa_79&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.X6n&_nkw=6n&_sacat=0&_from=R40Quote:Originally Posted by gefski
I can't really find sources for 6N6Ps. Have spare set from Schiit, but that's it. I looked at a couple Russian sites, but am unsure about that (one had scam type warnings when I googled around). Ideas anyone?
Since 6N6Ps directly drive the headphones, they should provide significant differences. For the front end, there are lots of 6DJ8/6922 variants.
That said, I've been very happy with the Valhalla using stock tubes (and less happy with some of the 6922s I've tried).
Edited by GrindingThud - 12/28/13 at 7:20ampost #116 of 50012/28/13 at 12:35pmpost #117 of 50012/30/13 at 7:45ampost #118 of 5001/3/14 at 1:22amThe two E88CC-CCA telefunken arrived yesterday, i started the burn in.
I just listened them a little after three hours of burn in, but i prefer to wait some other hours before writing my impressions...
I only can tell that for the price i pay them, i have big expectations... And i would like to have more that i heard at the moment...post #119 of 5001/3/14 at 5:19am
- Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Balanced Out DAP Recommendations & Advice 5 seconds ago
- › Microphonics - is it a big deal? How to eliminate? 36 seconds ago
- › Canlanta 2016 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse