This is really bugging me: when running my ZX700's out of my Little Dot I+ the signal is very noisy. From what I gather an impedance adapter would fix this, is my understand correct? If so, where could I get one?
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700 (Mini-XLR Removable Cable Mod - Take a look :D) Last post on 6/3/14 at 11:15pm in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Recommend me some Headphones! £140 Last post on 5/7/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help! Sub 140$, portable, isolating over-ear headphones, mostly for rock Last post on 5/3/14 at 12:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for Equipment suggestion Last post on 3/21/14 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does a DAC use optical audio or PCM optical audio if it has provisions to use optical audio? Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:06pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Hi End Cables
ZX700's VERY noisy out of Little Dot I+
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try these Etymotic resistance adapters on Ebay:
I would personally avoid the first two since they are just giant TRS jacks and the extra weight can damage your amp over time.
Thanks for the links! I half-expected something like this to cost a lot of money!
EDIT: Shame none of them ship from within the US. 15 days seems a little long to wait for an adapter. Maybe I'll keep looking around. At least I know what to search for now!
Edited by Kukuk - 7/25/12 at 1:54pm
- ZX700's VERY noisy out of Little Dot I+
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › beyer t70 & t70p NEW! 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Alclair Reference 1 minute ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Newbie question regarding headphone audio formats, PC chipsets 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 4 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE400/300 4 minutes ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)