This is really bugging me: when running my ZX700's out of my Little Dot I+ the signal is very noisy. From what I gather an impedance adapter would fix this, is my understand correct? If so, where could I get one?
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700 woes. Upgrade options? Last post on 9/30/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 440 or Sony ZX700? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Choice between Sony ZX700, Shure SRH 440, and Sennheiser HD 440 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- which upgrade first? Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:58pm in Dedicated Source Components
- which upgrade first? Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:23pm in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
ZX700's VERY noisy out of Little Dot I+post #1 of 77/24/12 at 2:13pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 77/25/12 at 4:09amThread Starterpost #3 of 77/25/12 at 5:55ampost #4 of 77/25/12 at 11:42ampost #5 of 77/25/12 at 11:49amThread Starterpost #6 of 77/25/12 at 12:24pm
Try these Etymotic resistance adapters on Ebay:
I would personally avoid the first two since they are just giant TRS jacks and the extra weight can damage your amp over time.post #7 of 77/25/12 at 1:48pmThread Starter
Thanks for the links! I half-expected something like this to cost a lot of money!
EDIT: Shame none of them ship from within the US. 15 days seems a little long to wait for an adapter. Maybe I'll keep looking around. At least I know what to search for now!
Edited by Kukuk - 7/25/12 at 1:54pm
- ZX700's VERY noisy out of Little Dot I+
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 12 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 33 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 47 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Moto X... best built in audio amplifier phone? 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi