lol, oh god no, tell me how listening to a song with a river flow in the background that sound like you are right next to it? It is an unbelieveable sensation that you cant really explain, you have to try it, but honeslty it wotn ruin it for you, it is actually a main selling point for the ultrasones. all ultrasone headphones have it. It doesnt come out all the time, only really in glitch type music and some parts of techno, its a rare ocasion to hear it, but when you do its awesome.
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productDenon DN-HP1000 Super DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/26/12More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 10/4/12 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
Great Headphones for me - $120 budget - Page 2post #16 of 247/24/12 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 247/24/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
Just a heads up, you're probably not really going to find music that has anything happening below 20 hz. Going above 20,000 hz will lend an airiness to the sound, but nothing really happens up there either.
Has anybody suggested the Creative Aurvana Live? It's not as much of a basshead phone, but it has a good overall balanced sound. If you're willing to try IEM's, the EX600 might be worth looking into.post #18 of 247/25/12 at 2:56am
I wouldn't say the HFI-580 are the BEST..although I think you would be happy with them if you got them, I like them, and they do go well with the genre's of music you like imo.post #19 of 247/25/12 at 5:07ampost #20 of 247/25/12 at 5:38am
+1 Fischer Audio FA-003 / Brainwavz HM5 - There are even cheaper $50 clones...which some say as just as good...but needs to be verified...
Consider Phillips Uptown for a change maybe...post #21 of 247/25/12 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #22 of 247/25/12 at 11:23am
i possibly have the biggest ears on ears, i am called dumbo! they fit my ears perfectly ( snug ) dont worry, you will not have a problem of them fitting, plus with the band, they adjsut to fit your head ( like shoes to your feet )post #23 of 2412/4/13 at 8:40amM50 is a wrong choice IMO
it's a gaming headphone, therefore IMO, it should have a big soundstage while M50 have a very small soundstage
Shures SRH 440 have a wide soundstage, with great mids and highs. Have quality bass but less quantity, so u might want to get a FiiO E6 amp to increase the bass.
I owned the SRH 440 but have not tried it for gaming (my PC broke) but I've seen one Amazon review stating that it does a very good job at surround sound (able to pinpoint sounds like machine guns from a direction accurately), so its probably plus for u if u play games with those features.
Did not hear the ultrasone so I can't comment.
just my opinion.post #24 of 2412/4/13 at 11:50am
I can recommend either the ultrasone hfi-580 or the Superlux hd-681 evo. I have both and in all honesty, while the superlux aren't much to look at, they sound fantastically balanced with a weighty bottom end, smooth mids and controlled highs. A much better "value" than the ultrasones and more comfortable without the v shaped sound signature.
- Great Headphones for me - $120 budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › "Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M40x or HD-598 Cs 2 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear