lol, oh god no, tell me how listening to a song with a river flow in the background that sound like you are right next to it? It is an unbelieveable sensation that you cant really explain, you have to try it, but honeslty it wotn ruin it for you, it is actually a main selling point for the ultrasones. all ultrasone headphones have it. It doesnt come out all the time, only really in glitch type music and some parts of techno, its a rare ocasion to hear it, but when you do its awesome.
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
- productDenon DN-HP1000 Super DJ Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 7/26/12More
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH - M50 Last post on 10/4/12 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Great Headphones for me - $120 budget - Page 2post #16 of 247/24/12 at 8:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 247/24/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
Just a heads up, you're probably not really going to find music that has anything happening below 20 hz. Going above 20,000 hz will lend an airiness to the sound, but nothing really happens up there either.
Has anybody suggested the Creative Aurvana Live? It's not as much of a basshead phone, but it has a good overall balanced sound. If you're willing to try IEM's, the EX600 might be worth looking into.post #18 of 247/25/12 at 2:56am
I wouldn't say the HFI-580 are the BEST..although I think you would be happy with them if you got them, I like them, and they do go well with the genre's of music you like imo.post #19 of 247/25/12 at 5:07ampost #20 of 247/25/12 at 5:38am
+1 Fischer Audio FA-003 / Brainwavz HM5 - There are even cheaper $50 clones...which some say as just as good...but needs to be verified...
Consider Phillips Uptown for a change maybe...post #21 of 247/25/12 at 10:22amThread Starterpost #22 of 247/25/12 at 11:23am
i possibly have the biggest ears on ears, i am called dumbo! they fit my ears perfectly ( snug ) dont worry, you will not have a problem of them fitting, plus with the band, they adjsut to fit your head ( like shoes to your feet )post #23 of 2412/4/13 at 8:40amM50 is a wrong choice IMO
it's a gaming headphone, therefore IMO, it should have a big soundstage while M50 have a very small soundstage
Shures SRH 440 have a wide soundstage, with great mids and highs. Have quality bass but less quantity, so u might want to get a FiiO E6 amp to increase the bass.
I owned the SRH 440 but have not tried it for gaming (my PC broke) but I've seen one Amazon review stating that it does a very good job at surround sound (able to pinpoint sounds like machine guns from a direction accurately), so its probably plus for u if u play games with those features.
Did not hear the ultrasone so I can't comment.
just my opinion.post #24 of 2412/4/13 at 11:50am
I can recommend either the ultrasone hfi-580 or the Superlux hd-681 evo. I have both and in all honesty, while the superlux aren't much to look at, they sound fantastically balanced with a weighty bottom end, smooth mids and controlled highs. A much better "value" than the ultrasones and more comfortable without the v shaped sound signature.
- Great Headphones for me - $120 budget
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D - EL capitan OSX 17 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 32 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000 (only used for 2 Hours) 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear