AKG Q701. I listen to a lot of dubstep myself. The Q's don't have booming bass like a subwoofer, but they have quality bass, meaning you can hear all of the bass without distorting the mids and highs.
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/31/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 237/27/12 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #18 of 237/27/12 at 10:50ampost #19 of 237/27/12 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #20 of 237/28/12 at 1:30amQuote:
I do admire the Q701, but i would give Ultrasone 750 Pro equal consideration.
Cheerz !post #21 of 237/28/12 at 1:53amThread StarterQuote:
So that's two for the Q701 and one for the 750 Pro. Any other opinions/suggestions?post #22 of 237/28/12 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.post #23 of 237/28/12 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.
Thanks for the post. Which of those two Ultrasones would work best for me (HFI 2400 or Pro 750).
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Destiny 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Step up from K240. 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod Classic 160gb. 6th Gen. 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)