AKG Q701. I listen to a lot of dubstep myself. The Q's don't have booming bass like a subwoofer, but they have quality bass, meaning you can hear all of the bass without distorting the mids and highs.
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/31/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 237/27/12 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #18 of 237/27/12 at 10:50ampost #19 of 237/27/12 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #20 of 237/28/12 at 1:30amQuote:
I do admire the Q701, but i would give Ultrasone 750 Pro equal consideration.
Cheerz !post #21 of 237/28/12 at 1:53amThread StarterQuote:
So that's two for the Q701 and one for the 750 Pro. Any other opinions/suggestions?post #22 of 237/28/12 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.post #23 of 237/28/12 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.
Thanks for the post. Which of those two Ultrasones would work best for me (HFI 2400 or Pro 750).
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 30 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 9 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 11 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...