AKG Q701. I listen to a lot of dubstep myself. The Q's don't have booming bass like a subwoofer, but they have quality bass, meaning you can hear all of the bass without distorting the mids and highs.
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/31/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 237/27/12 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #18 of 237/27/12 at 10:50ampost #19 of 237/27/12 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #20 of 237/28/12 at 1:30amQuote:
I do admire the Q701, but i would give Ultrasone 750 Pro equal consideration.
Cheerz !post #21 of 237/28/12 at 1:53amThread StarterQuote:
So that's two for the Q701 and one for the 750 Pro. Any other opinions/suggestions?post #22 of 237/28/12 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.post #23 of 237/28/12 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.
Thanks for the post. Which of those two Ultrasones would work best for me (HFI 2400 or Pro 750).
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Toronto Winter/Spring Meet 2 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2