AKG Q701. I listen to a lot of dubstep myself. The Q's don't have booming bass like a subwoofer, but they have quality bass, meaning you can hear all of the bass without distorting the mids and highs.
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/31/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 237/27/12 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #18 of 237/27/12 at 10:50ampost #19 of 237/27/12 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #20 of 237/28/12 at 1:30amQuote:
I do admire the Q701, but i would give Ultrasone 750 Pro equal consideration.
Cheerz !post #21 of 237/28/12 at 1:53amThread StarterQuote:
So that's two for the Q701 and one for the 750 Pro. Any other opinions/suggestions?post #22 of 237/28/12 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.post #23 of 237/28/12 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.
Thanks for the post. Which of those two Ultrasones would work best for me (HFI 2400 or Pro 750).
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 second ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Does a bad cable make a headphone sound bad? 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 337se and extra tubes (including tung sol 5998) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › iFi Pro iCAN by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...