AKG Q701. I listen to a lot of dubstep myself. The Q's don't have booming bass like a subwoofer, but they have quality bass, meaning you can hear all of the bass without distorting the mids and highs.
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 7/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/31/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/25/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro or sennheiser HD 598? Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition and audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them....
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 237/27/12 at 1:53amThread Starterpost #18 of 237/27/12 at 10:50ampost #19 of 237/27/12 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #20 of 237/28/12 at 1:30amQuote:
I do admire the Q701, but i would give Ultrasone 750 Pro equal consideration.
Cheerz !post #21 of 237/28/12 at 1:53amThread StarterQuote:
So that's two for the Q701 and one for the 750 Pro. Any other opinions/suggestions?post #22 of 237/28/12 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.post #23 of 237/28/12 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Going back to BigBenn's quote. Keep in mind that although the AKGs will have fantastic bass extension, you might feel it lacking in terms of tooth rattling bass impact. I personally would go with an ultrasone if your music tastes mainly go for electronica and the such.
Thanks for the post. Which of those two Ultrasones would work best for me (HFI 2400 or Pro 750).
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ampsandsound (aka Amps & Sound) 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › coffee gadgets... 7 minutes ago
- › MINI AUDIO MA01 - SPEC & PHOTOS (DX100 Successor!!) 7 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 9 minutes ago
- › Meier Corda 2stepdance 9 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse