So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSkullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- under 50$ with good bass and looks nice? Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, i'm new....and i've got kind of a skullcandy problem... Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading! Good, cheap (30 USD or lower), portable, and mid-centric headphones! Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/23/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacksburrito
So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!WebRepcurrentVotenoRatingnoWeight
I don't have either of those headphones, but they are both reviewed here:
They both look pretty good.
I'm relatively new to the headphones game as well, but what I have so far is the Sennheiser PX100-II, and the Koss KSC75's (on headband), but they are supra-aural (sit on the ear), and may be considered more portable headphones (with less isolation, but great sound) than what you are looking for.
The Sennheiser PX100-II's are really good for around $55. Kick-ass bass, but well controlled, and a great overall sound. And they are durable and fold up nicely so that you can throw them in a pocket or a backpack without worrying about them breaking. A few reviews:
The KSC75's cost around $20, but they are on earclips. You can get a $2 Parts-express headband and put the drivers on the headband (which is what I did). To me, they sound perfect against the ear. The KSC75's are quite amazing to be honest, and give the PX100-II's a run for the money for half the price - they have lots of kick and great separation of instruments etc.
Anyway, good luck on your hunt! Let us know what you end up with and how it works out for you.
Edit: I was reading the below opinions about the HTF600...
...and I got a kick out of this:
"AMAZING SET OF HEADPHONES THE BASS IS AMAZING TIPS FOR IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AMP AND ARNT GETTING THE BASE Get an android phone and dowload poweramp and turn the bass knob full and prepare for an earmassage"
That person speaks the truth! I have an android phone with PowerAmp installed, and if I turn the bass knob up, you do get a bass earmassage (more like a brainmassage). Seriously though, PowerAmp blows away the stock music player.
Edited by waynes world - 7/23/12 at 5:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Objectivists board room 56 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 6 minutes ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 8 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2