So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSkullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- under 50$ with good bass and looks nice? Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, i'm new....and i've got kind of a skullcandy problem... Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading! Good, cheap (30 USD or lower), portable, and mid-centric headphones! Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/23/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacksburrito
So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!WebRepcurrentVotenoRatingnoWeight
I don't have either of those headphones, but they are both reviewed here:
They both look pretty good.
I'm relatively new to the headphones game as well, but what I have so far is the Sennheiser PX100-II, and the Koss KSC75's (on headband), but they are supra-aural (sit on the ear), and may be considered more portable headphones (with less isolation, but great sound) than what you are looking for.
The Sennheiser PX100-II's are really good for around $55. Kick-ass bass, but well controlled, and a great overall sound. And they are durable and fold up nicely so that you can throw them in a pocket or a backpack without worrying about them breaking. A few reviews:
The KSC75's cost around $20, but they are on earclips. You can get a $2 Parts-express headband and put the drivers on the headband (which is what I did). To me, they sound perfect against the ear. The KSC75's are quite amazing to be honest, and give the PX100-II's a run for the money for half the price - they have lots of kick and great separation of instruments etc.
Anyway, good luck on your hunt! Let us know what you end up with and how it works out for you.
Edit: I was reading the below opinions about the HTF600...
...and I got a kick out of this:
"AMAZING SET OF HEADPHONES THE BASS IS AMAZING TIPS FOR IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AMP AND ARNT GETTING THE BASE Get an android phone and dowload poweramp and turn the bass knob full and prepare for an earmassage"
That person speaks the truth! I have an android phone with PowerAmp installed, and if I turn the bass knob up, you do get a bass earmassage (more like a brainmassage). Seriously though, PowerAmp blows away the stock music player.
Edited by waynes world - 7/23/12 at 5:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 43 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 2 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 429s vs Sennheiser HD 335s... 10 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 10 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...