So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSkullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- under 50$ with good bass and looks nice? Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, i'm new....and i've got kind of a skullcandy problem... Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading! Good, cheap (30 USD or lower), portable, and mid-centric headphones! Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/23/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacksburrito
So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!WebRepcurrentVotenoRatingnoWeight
I don't have either of those headphones, but they are both reviewed here:
They both look pretty good.
I'm relatively new to the headphones game as well, but what I have so far is the Sennheiser PX100-II, and the Koss KSC75's (on headband), but they are supra-aural (sit on the ear), and may be considered more portable headphones (with less isolation, but great sound) than what you are looking for.
The Sennheiser PX100-II's are really good for around $55. Kick-ass bass, but well controlled, and a great overall sound. And they are durable and fold up nicely so that you can throw them in a pocket or a backpack without worrying about them breaking. A few reviews:
The KSC75's cost around $20, but they are on earclips. You can get a $2 Parts-express headband and put the drivers on the headband (which is what I did). To me, they sound perfect against the ear. The KSC75's are quite amazing to be honest, and give the PX100-II's a run for the money for half the price - they have lots of kick and great separation of instruments etc.
Anyway, good luck on your hunt! Let us know what you end up with and how it works out for you.
Edit: I was reading the below opinions about the HTF600...
...and I got a kick out of this:
"AMAZING SET OF HEADPHONES THE BASS IS AMAZING TIPS FOR IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AMP AND ARNT GETTING THE BASE Get an android phone and dowload poweramp and turn the bass knob full and prepare for an earmassage"
That person speaks the truth! I have an android phone with PowerAmp installed, and if I turn the bass knob up, you do get a bass earmassage (more like a brainmassage). Seriously though, PowerAmp blows away the stock music player.
Edited by waynes world - 7/23/12 at 5:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 3 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW: DSD 1.082 .... 26 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 50 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DA&T AC Filter Impression 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone! UPDATE:... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones are too many? 4 minutes ago
- › Do i really need to burn in my headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital