So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSkullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- under 50$ with good bass and looks nice? Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, i'm new....and i've got kind of a skullcandy problem... Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading! Good, cheap (30 USD or lower), portable, and mid-centric headphones! Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/23/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacksburrito
So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!WebRepcurrentVotenoRatingnoWeight
I don't have either of those headphones, but they are both reviewed here:
They both look pretty good.
I'm relatively new to the headphones game as well, but what I have so far is the Sennheiser PX100-II, and the Koss KSC75's (on headband), but they are supra-aural (sit on the ear), and may be considered more portable headphones (with less isolation, but great sound) than what you are looking for.
The Sennheiser PX100-II's are really good for around $55. Kick-ass bass, but well controlled, and a great overall sound. And they are durable and fold up nicely so that you can throw them in a pocket or a backpack without worrying about them breaking. A few reviews:
The KSC75's cost around $20, but they are on earclips. You can get a $2 Parts-express headband and put the drivers on the headband (which is what I did). To me, they sound perfect against the ear. The KSC75's are quite amazing to be honest, and give the PX100-II's a run for the money for half the price - they have lots of kick and great separation of instruments etc.
Anyway, good luck on your hunt! Let us know what you end up with and how it works out for you.
Edit: I was reading the below opinions about the HTF600...
...and I got a kick out of this:
"AMAZING SET OF HEADPHONES THE BASS IS AMAZING TIPS FOR IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AMP AND ARNT GETTING THE BASE Get an android phone and dowload poweramp and turn the bass knob full and prepare for an earmassage"
That person speaks the truth! I have an android phone with PowerAmp installed, and if I turn the bass knob up, you do get a bass earmassage (more like a brainmassage). Seriously though, PowerAmp blows away the stock music player.
Edited by waynes world - 7/23/12 at 5:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 19 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for decent portable Amp Amp/DAC that will support... 2 minutes ago
- › Troubleshoot: Squeal in headphones via balanced xlr 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mojo's Greatest Hits 7 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...