So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 7/23/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
- productSkullcandy S6HSDZ-161 Hesh 2.0 with Detatchable Cable - Black/Blacktagged by System, 7/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- under 50$ with good bass and looks nice? Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hey, i'm new....and i've got kind of a skullcandy problem... Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading! Good, cheap (30 USD or lower), portable, and mid-centric headphones! Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Broke college student, headphones for music and gaming Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/23/12 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by jacksburrito
So, hi, this is my first post here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not, so please let me know. I wanna buy some budget headphones, but not sure which one is best for me. My budget is $50 (not too generous, I know), so it needs to be within that price range. I've been looking at Skullycandy Hesh, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Panasonic RP-HTX7. I'm not looking for too much, just clear and vivid sound and decent bass. Most of the music I listen to is either hip hop, dubstep, pop, or rock. I'm a teenager, so the headphones can look a little "kiddish", so to speak. Thanks for the help in advance!WebRepcurrentVotenoRatingnoWeight
I don't have either of those headphones, but they are both reviewed here:
They both look pretty good.
I'm relatively new to the headphones game as well, but what I have so far is the Sennheiser PX100-II, and the Koss KSC75's (on headband), but they are supra-aural (sit on the ear), and may be considered more portable headphones (with less isolation, but great sound) than what you are looking for.
The Sennheiser PX100-II's are really good for around $55. Kick-ass bass, but well controlled, and a great overall sound. And they are durable and fold up nicely so that you can throw them in a pocket or a backpack without worrying about them breaking. A few reviews:
The KSC75's cost around $20, but they are on earclips. You can get a $2 Parts-express headband and put the drivers on the headband (which is what I did). To me, they sound perfect against the ear. The KSC75's are quite amazing to be honest, and give the PX100-II's a run for the money for half the price - they have lots of kick and great separation of instruments etc.
Anyway, good luck on your hunt! Let us know what you end up with and how it works out for you.
Edit: I was reading the below opinions about the HTF600...
...and I got a kick out of this:
"AMAZING SET OF HEADPHONES THE BASS IS AMAZING TIPS FOR IF YOU DONT HAVE AN AMP AND ARNT GETTING THE BASE Get an android phone and dowload poweramp and turn the bass knob full and prepare for an earmassage"
That person speaks the truth! I have an android phone with PowerAmp installed, and if I turn the bass knob up, you do get a bass earmassage (more like a brainmassage). Seriously though, PowerAmp blows away the stock music player.
Edited by waynes world - 7/23/12 at 5:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 15 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 21 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 52 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Musette NOS R-2R DAC (2015) Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › What is the sound quality of iPhone, iPad, iPod (Touch)? 6 minutes ago
- › Difference between NAD HP50 & Beyer T51P? 7 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › 바카라시스템 OX７00．ＣＯＭ 바카라시스템 xj6 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2