New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Private messaging

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and was wondering why there is a limit of 2 private messages per day. And, how can i get this limit removed?

post #2 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandy10 View Post

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and was wondering why there is a limit of 2 private messages per day. And, how can i get this limit removed?

By posting, if I remember correctly, the limit is only there if you are a newbie member. Why? Spam. Some people or bots make accounts and send spam.

 

"Welcome to head fi! Sorry about your wallet"

 

Don't spam forums, but take it easy. The limit is there for the community good. After a certain number of posts, it will be removed if I remember correctly.

post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 

yes, but after how many posts will the limit be removed?

post #4 of 23

Have you validated your email? That may be it.

post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 

yes, I validated my e-mail in order to get my account set up

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandy10 View Post

yes, I validated my e-mail in order to get my account set up

I guess over 50?

post #7 of 23
Quote:
100x100px-LS-2e4bf194_120056834LL.png
Spam. Some people or bots make accounts and send spam.

good point

post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronR View Post

good point
I dont get it. Why was my avatar included?
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I dont get it. Why was my avatar included?

Because I didn't know the correct way to quote you, and now I do.

post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronR View Post

Because I didn't know the correct way to quote you, and now I do.
Oh ok mate. I thought you were making fun of me for a
Moment.
post #11 of 23

I'm experiencing the same problem for the private messages. Hope it gets removed soon.

post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicEnthusiast View Post

I'm experiencing the same problem for the private messages. Hope it gets removed soon.

All you need to do is post really. Music thread, general thread are the best threads for this. 

post #13 of 23

Thanks bowei

post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicEnthusiast View Post

Thanks bowei

And quoting and replying to people to get a reply back also allows you to reply to their reply to get an endless reply of replies going if you know what I mean? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

 

The Head-Fi Music Game thread is a good one. You just have to use one word from the previous song name to continue the list. It goes quite fast and is quite fun.

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And quoting and replying to people to get a reply back also allows you to reply to their reply to get an endless reply of replies going if you know what I mean? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

 

The Head-Fi Music Game thread is a good one. You just have to use one word from the previous song name to continue the list. It goes quite fast and is quite fun.

I agree to this :). Thanks again man. Most of it is fixed now. Just trying to delete my lists while there is no delete option for now lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home