So a few weeks ago I had to send my ultrasone pro 900s away because the drivers mysteriously stopped working. I use a fiio e17 amp and while I listen to music loud the gain is only set to 6db and I never turn the amp up all the way. I sent away my headphones because the bass was sounding tired and wornout...sure enough the drivers had to be replaced, they did it for free because it was a warranty problem and sent them back asap. When i got them back I excitedly put them on and found the SAME tired, lifeless, and shallow bass as before, these headphones sound about half as good as my d2000s currently. Do you guys think I just need to let them burn in, do I have to send them out again, or do I need to turn the gain up to properly power them? This seems like a really bad problem to have with such pricey headphones, but let me know what you think...thanks
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music Last post on 7/28/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for music with a lot of bass (Hardcore, hardstyle, tekstyle, jumpstyle) Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Introduction With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime contender in the already fierce arena of mid-high range IEMS. Not only did...
Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??post #1 of 57/23/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/23/12 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 57/23/12 at 4:25pm
The Pro 750 needs a decent amp to produce the bass of which it is capable. They even sounded bass light out of two Onkyo receivers I tried with them. Be aware that they can be very loud and still not be properly driven. Perhaps the Pro 900 has the same qualitites.
Edited by KG Jag - 7/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 57/23/12 at 5:47pm
While I never had thought the Pro 900 sounded good, I still would recommend running it in for 2 months (yes really) before giving final judgement. My experience with Ultrasones was that they require a notoriously long time to run in. Don't trash you cans with loud volume... I don't know but 6dB seems damaging to the cans and my ear.
D2000 is fun sounding.post #5 of 57/23/12 at 6:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for your advice you guys, I just keep reading about how the pro900s sound better then the d2000s..I know this is subjective, but these headphones sound seriously broken, I think the fiio e17 should adequately power them, or at least what I've read has indicated that. Also I know there is something to be said of burn-in time but the left ear sounds completely dead...and "apparently" the driver was just replaced....ugh
- Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 21 seconds ago
- › Need help diagnosing noise in Sony's MDR-1R mk2 1 minute ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sol Republic Tracks HD vs AKG Y40. 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Do you believe BURN IN for your Audio Stuff like Headphones,... 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)