So a few weeks ago I had to send my ultrasone pro 900s away because the drivers mysteriously stopped working. I use a fiio e17 amp and while I listen to music loud the gain is only set to 6db and I never turn the amp up all the way. I sent away my headphones because the bass was sounding tired and wornout...sure enough the drivers had to be replaced, they did it for free because it was a warranty problem and sent them back asap. When i got them back I excitedly put them on and found the SAME tired, lifeless, and shallow bass as before, these headphones sound about half as good as my d2000s currently. Do you guys think I just need to let them burn in, do I have to send them out again, or do I need to turn the gain up to properly power them? This seems like a really bad problem to have with such pricey headphones, but let me know what you think...thanks
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music Last post on 7/28/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for music with a lot of bass (Hardcore, hardstyle, tekstyle, jumpstyle) Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??post #1 of 57/23/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/23/12 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 57/23/12 at 4:25pm
The Pro 750 needs a decent amp to produce the bass of which it is capable. They even sounded bass light out of two Onkyo receivers I tried with them. Be aware that they can be very loud and still not be properly driven. Perhaps the Pro 900 has the same qualitites.
Edited by KG Jag - 7/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 57/23/12 at 5:47pm
While I never had thought the Pro 900 sounded good, I still would recommend running it in for 2 months (yes really) before giving final judgement. My experience with Ultrasones was that they require a notoriously long time to run in. Don't trash you cans with loud volume... I don't know but 6dB seems damaging to the cans and my ear.
D2000 is fun sounding.post #5 of 57/23/12 at 6:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for your advice you guys, I just keep reading about how the pro900s sound better then the d2000s..I know this is subjective, but these headphones sound seriously broken, I think the fiio e17 should adequately power them, or at least what I've read has indicated that. Also I know there is something to be said of burn-in time but the left ear sounds completely dead...and "apparently" the driver was just replaced....ugh
- Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 9 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 16 seconds ago
- › The Syllable D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Review... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...