So a few weeks ago I had to send my ultrasone pro 900s away because the drivers mysteriously stopped working. I use a fiio e17 amp and while I listen to music loud the gain is only set to 6db and I never turn the amp up all the way. I sent away my headphones because the bass was sounding tired and wornout...sure enough the drivers had to be replaced, they did it for free because it was a warranty problem and sent them back asap. When i got them back I excitedly put them on and found the SAME tired, lifeless, and shallow bass as before, these headphones sound about half as good as my d2000s currently. Do you guys think I just need to let them burn in, do I have to send them out again, or do I need to turn the gain up to properly power them? This seems like a really bad problem to have with such pricey headphones, but let me know what you think...thanks
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music Last post on 7/28/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for music with a lot of bass (Hardcore, hardstyle, tekstyle, jumpstyle) Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??post #1 of 57/23/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/23/12 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 57/23/12 at 4:25pm
The Pro 750 needs a decent amp to produce the bass of which it is capable. They even sounded bass light out of two Onkyo receivers I tried with them. Be aware that they can be very loud and still not be properly driven. Perhaps the Pro 900 has the same qualitites.
Edited by KG Jag - 7/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 57/23/12 at 5:47pm
While I never had thought the Pro 900 sounded good, I still would recommend running it in for 2 months (yes really) before giving final judgement. My experience with Ultrasones was that they require a notoriously long time to run in. Don't trash you cans with loud volume... I don't know but 6dB seems damaging to the cans and my ear.
D2000 is fun sounding.post #5 of 57/23/12 at 6:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for your advice you guys, I just keep reading about how the pro900s sound better then the d2000s..I know this is subjective, but these headphones sound seriously broken, I think the fiio e17 should adequately power them, or at least what I've read has indicated that. Also I know there is something to be said of burn-in time but the left ear sounds completely dead...and "apparently" the driver was just replaced....ugh
- Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 or 650? 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear