So a few weeks ago I had to send my ultrasone pro 900s away because the drivers mysteriously stopped working. I use a fiio e17 amp and while I listen to music loud the gain is only set to 6db and I never turn the amp up all the way. I sent away my headphones because the bass was sounding tired and wornout...sure enough the drivers had to be replaced, they did it for free because it was a warranty problem and sent them back asap. When i got them back I excitedly put them on and found the SAME tired, lifeless, and shallow bass as before, these headphones sound about half as good as my d2000s currently. Do you guys think I just need to let them burn in, do I have to send them out again, or do I need to turn the gain up to properly power them? This seems like a really bad problem to have with such pricey headphones, but let me know what you think...thanks
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music Last post on 7/28/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for music with a lot of bass (Hardcore, hardstyle, tekstyle, jumpstyle) Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??post #1 of 57/23/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/23/12 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 57/23/12 at 4:25pm
The Pro 750 needs a decent amp to produce the bass of which it is capable. They even sounded bass light out of two Onkyo receivers I tried with them. Be aware that they can be very loud and still not be properly driven. Perhaps the Pro 900 has the same qualitites.
Edited by KG Jag - 7/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 57/23/12 at 5:47pm
While I never had thought the Pro 900 sounded good, I still would recommend running it in for 2 months (yes really) before giving final judgement. My experience with Ultrasones was that they require a notoriously long time to run in. Don't trash you cans with loud volume... I don't know but 6dB seems damaging to the cans and my ear.
D2000 is fun sounding.post #5 of 57/23/12 at 6:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for your advice you guys, I just keep reading about how the pro900s sound better then the d2000s..I know this is subjective, but these headphones sound seriously broken, I think the fiio e17 should adequately power them, or at least what I've read has indicated that. Also I know there is something to be said of burn-in time but the left ear sounds completely dead...and "apparently" the driver was just replaced....ugh
- Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 36 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 37 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for listening to jazz vocalists?? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3