So a few weeks ago I had to send my ultrasone pro 900s away because the drivers mysteriously stopped working. I use a fiio e17 amp and while I listen to music loud the gain is only set to 6db and I never turn the amp up all the way. I sent away my headphones because the bass was sounding tired and wornout...sure enough the drivers had to be replaced, they did it for free because it was a warranty problem and sent them back asap. When i got them back I excitedly put them on and found the SAME tired, lifeless, and shallow bass as before, these headphones sound about half as good as my d2000s currently. Do you guys think I just need to let them burn in, do I have to send them out again, or do I need to turn the gain up to properly power them? This seems like a really bad problem to have with such pricey headphones, but let me know what you think...thanks
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to get some headphones mainly for listening to music Last post on 7/28/12 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for music with a lot of bass (Hardcore, hardstyle, tekstyle, jumpstyle) Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??post #1 of 57/23/12 at 1:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/23/12 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #3 of 57/23/12 at 4:25pm
The Pro 750 needs a decent amp to produce the bass of which it is capable. They even sounded bass light out of two Onkyo receivers I tried with them. Be aware that they can be very loud and still not be properly driven. Perhaps the Pro 900 has the same qualitites.
Edited by KG Jag - 7/23/12 at 4:26pmpost #4 of 57/23/12 at 5:47pm
While I never had thought the Pro 900 sounded good, I still would recommend running it in for 2 months (yes really) before giving final judgement. My experience with Ultrasones was that they require a notoriously long time to run in. Don't trash you cans with loud volume... I don't know but 6dB seems damaging to the cans and my ear.
D2000 is fun sounding.post #5 of 57/23/12 at 6:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for your advice you guys, I just keep reading about how the pro900s sound better then the d2000s..I know this is subjective, but these headphones sound seriously broken, I think the fiio e17 should adequately power them, or at least what I've read has indicated that. Also I know there is something to be said of burn-in time but the left ear sounds completely dead...and "apparently" the driver was just replaced....ugh
- Ultrasone pro900 is it broken drivers that is killing my bass or something else??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 45 seconds ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 6 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2