Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro Mystery Numbers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beats Pro Mystery Numbers - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Thread Starter 
t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post

From what I can tell these are legit. Here are some pictures from the real Pros'  and their hinges and I know the fakes have gaps(on the left and right of the horizontal rectangle section saying "Monster")  as well as slightly rounded corners on this piece,  which yours do not have. Take a look.

Real


Fake

Rocko 1 thanks for the info, feeling alot better knowing that. I mean everything else seems all above board, wires, booklets and the headphones themselfs.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGHz View Post

t
Rocko 1 thanks for the info, feeling alot better knowing that. I mean everything else seems all above board, wires, booklets and the headphones themselfs.


Sure. How do they sound? Have you heard a pair before?

 

Again, I am 98% confident those are legit, if they turn out not to be that is the best repro job I have seen!

post #18 of 25
They look legitimate relative to the unboxing videos I've seen, and to the (unboxed) sets I've seen as demonstration models (which are legit).

As far as the numbers, probably production/lot info. IIRC the pre-split Beats Pro don't have serial numbers that can be registered (apart from the limited edition black one), which is/was one of the reason they were so rampantly faked with relative ease. I think the serial # on newer pairs is a holotag, similar to newer Microsoft COAs. See HiFiGuy528's video unboxing to see the post-Monster version (yours will not match, and that's okay).

If you're really worried about counterfeits, and I know this goes against all decorum about receiving gifts, you could ask the gift-giver where they purchased them from; that would probably put any concerns to bed.
Edited by obobskivich - 7/24/12 at 2:15pm
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post


Sure. How do they sound? Have you heard a pair before?

Again, I am 98% confident those are legit, if they turn out not to be that is the best repro job I have seen!

Yeah i had a chance to go into my local hifi store as well as HMV store to compare sounds and found it to be on par earlier on today.
post #20 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post

They look legitimate relative to the unboxing videos I've seen, and to the (unboxed) sets I've seen as demonstration models (which are legit).
As far as the numbers, probably production/lot info. IIRC the pre-split Beats Pro don't have serial numbers that can be registered (apart from the limited edition black one), which is/was one of the reason they were so rampantly faked with relative ease. I think the serial # on newer pairs is a holotag, similar to newer Microsoft COAs. See HiFiGuy528's video unboxing to see the post-Monster version (yours will not match, and that's okay).
If you're really worried about counterfeits, and I know this goes against all decorum about receiving gifts, you could ask the gift-giver where they purchased them from; that would probably put any concerns to bed.

Sound advice and information mate, and thank you for the video recommendation.
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGHz View Post


Yeah i had a chance to go into my local hifi store as well as HMV store to compare sounds and found it to be on par earlier on today.


Well like everyone else is saying they do look very legit maybe all beats have to have those Manufacturer numbers but most of us never see them due to not ripping the box hinge but good luck as i am sure they are real ^_^

 

PS: Very nice camera those pictures look excellent ^_^

post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradsnake412 View Post


Well like everyone else is saying they do look very legit maybe all beats have to have those Manufacturer numbers but most of us never see them due to not ripping the box hinge but good luck as i am sure they are real ^_^

PS: Very nice camera those pictures look excellent ^_^

Cheers mate, thanks for the vote of confidence. The photos were taken by my trusted Canon T2i.
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Guys I want to thank everybody that has taken the time to help me out, you all have made my first forum experience an incredibly pleasant and painless one. Truly appreciated.

Thank you kindly..
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGHz View Post

Guys I want to thank everybody that has taken the time to help me out, you all have made my first forum experience an incredibly pleasant and painless one. Truly appreciated.
Thank you kindly..

 



Your welcome.

post #25 of 25
I own a pair of the fake pro detox, mine don't have any gaps above the ears pieces. The best way is to know if who ever got them for your got them from a legit website, also you can take them in to best buy or any place that has a Beats kiosk and check them out side by side. The sound will give the fake away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beats Pro Mystery Numbers