So after getting tired of all my damn earbuds falling out I have decided to buy some full sized headphones. It has to be able to handle a kind of low power like on a Droid phone because I'll be on the go a lot. I have a firm budget of $150. Any ideas?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ath-m50 vs others Last post on 8/20/12 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Electronic music (Mainly UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabba) ~ Less than 200 Last post on 8/17/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for first good headphones around $150 Last post on 7/24/12 at 3:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB700 or V-MODA Crossfade LP Last post on 9/2/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Good around the ear headphones with good bass that can be used on a mobile device
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/23/12 at 11:26ampost #3 of 77/23/12 at 12:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 77/23/12 at 12:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 77/23/12 at 12:40pmThread Starterpost #6 of 77/23/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #7 of 77/23/12 at 1:18pmQuote:
I have them, they're decent for pop, rap, and probably electronic but terrible for rock and metal. I've never heard the M50's but I've heard nothing but good things, especially for the price. People say it's best with an amp but it should be ok without it.
- Good around the ear headphones with good bass that can be used on a mobile device
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Air - New portable amplifier/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 with internal Mogami wire upgrade and external... 20 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 22 minutes ago
- › Q: High gain? Low gain? Quality difference? 23 minutes ago
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...