Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Modding Monoprice 8323 (With Pictures)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Modding Monoprice 8323 (With Pictures)

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Here you go, guys! My fully modded Monoprice 8323s!

 

Mods include:

Headband Padding $15

Beyerdynamic Velour Pads $25

Monoprice Gold Plated Mobile Cable $5

 

700

 

The earpads fit nicely and provide a good seal, although they do NOT provide as good of a seal as the stock pads.

 

700

 

The headband is now extremely plushy and super comfortable. (Although, it kinda looks a bit weird...)

 

700

 

Comfort is improved by at least 300%. SQ has been upped as well with some of the bass leaving to make room for more mids.

 

All in all, great investment.

 

P.S. Anyone have any other mods/ suggestions for me? 

post #2 of 10

Meep meep... http://www.head-fi.org/t/610542/mod-monoporice-8323

 

biggrin.gif

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hmm... Interesting, but definitely not my cup of tea, taking headphones completely apart. Whoops...
post #4 of 10

hi there i was wondering if you removed the original padding that was on the headband originally? or is it still under the pad you bought?? which is more comfortable?

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbenn74 View Post

Here you go, guys! My fully modded Monoprice 8323s!

 

Mods include:

Headband Padding $15

Beyerdynamic Velour Pads $25

Monoprice Gold Plated Mobile Cable $5

 

700

 

The earpads fit nicely and provide a good seal, although they do NOT provide as good of a seal as the stock pads.

 

700

 

The headband is now extremely plushy and super comfortable. (Although, it kinda looks a bit weird...)

 

700

 

Comfort is improved by at least 300%. SQ has been upped as well with some of the bass leaving to make room for more mids.

 

All in all, great investment.

 

P.S. Anyone have any other mods/ suggestions for me? 

did anyone keep the original padding? i'm hesitant to tear off the original headband padding at the moment, but now the earpads are touching the bottom of my ears now. dunno if thats issue but just something i noticed

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

hi there i was wondering if you removed the original padding that was on the headband originally? or is it still under the pad you bought?? which is more comfortable?

I left it on, but I put the extra pad on backwards. It's more comfortable.
post #7 of 10

I know this post is old, but I had the issue of my ears touching the driver and the pads were sitting on my ears instead of my ears being inside them. I found a solution. All you have to do is roll up a kleenex and push it underneath the pads. After that, my ears don't touch anything. Here is a picture.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetashock View Post

I know this post is old, but I had the issue of my ears touching the driver and the pads were sitting on my ears instead of my ears being inside them. I found a solution. All you have to do is roll up a kleenex and push it underneath the pads. After that, my ears don't touch anything. Here is a picture.

or cardboard works too, i tried that a while back, it altered the sound of the 8323s so i took it out but my ears just slightly touch the fabric on the earpads onto of the drivers so it wasn't a big deal for me

post #9 of 10
Where did you buy or get that padding ???
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skate bait View Post

Where did you buy or get that padding ???

 

You can get the headband padding here, but it looks like it's sold out at the moment. The Beyerdynamic ear cushions are available as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Modding Monoprice 8323 (With Pictures)