I was wondering that because there are 50mm drivers in the headphones. Would a smart phone be able to output enough power to make loud enough sound?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 7/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone, mp3 player help(newbie) Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Headphones for me - $120 budget Last post on 12/4/13 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 vs Sony MBR XB700 For Techno-Step Last post on 7/19/12 at 10:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Will the Sony XB-700's work with a mobile phone? (Droid Charge)post #1 of 127/22/12 at 7:03pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 127/22/12 at 7:54pmpost #3 of 127/22/12 at 8:15pmThread Starterpost #4 of 127/22/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
I believe the Sony XB700 are only 24-Ohm, so should work fine with portable devices.post #5 of 127/22/12 at 8:53pmThread Starter
Thanks. I'm new to the headphone world so I don't know a lot :/ If I ever need an amp I was thinking about the Fiio X11 but the output frequency does not go down to 3 Hz, would that make much of a difference with dubstep?post #6 of 127/23/12 at 12:56ampost #7 of 127/23/12 at 9:13amThread Starter
Well then can you explain why I can hear down to 3 - 5 hertz? I can also hear way above 20 kilohertz. Some people can hear below or above the "normal" hearing range. I am also almost 16 so I am still a teen and most teens have hearing like I do. When you turn 20 your hearing starts to go downhill so I won't worry about this stuff until I'm 20 or I can't hear above or below the "normal" hearing range.post #8 of 127/23/12 at 10:56am
The bass in most music doesn't go below 30 Hz, let alone 3. As far as I know no musical instrument can reach 3 Hz. And like linvillegorge said, the bass in dubstep is more midbass than bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep and most of it doesn't go below 40 Hz. I have a FiiO E11 and it barely made a difference sound quality-wise with my ATH-M50's, which are less efficient headphones than the XB-700. However, the E11 will make the XB's louder versus using them with a phone.
post #9 of 127/23/12 at 11:01am
You're hearing harmonics, not the actual tone. A true 3hz tone is something you'd need a massive amount of air to be moved to get its natural effect. The biggest pipe organs move A LOT of air, and can go down to roughly 16hz. Some lfe in movies are in the 10hz region, but require big arrays of powerful subs to properly give that rumble to a large room. XB700 has the advantage of only having to pressurize a very small space, but a true 3hz should only be felt, not heard.post #10 of 127/23/12 at 12:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 127/25/12 at 7:43am
The Sony XB-700s are great basshead headphones, but the Audio-Technica M50's have a better overall sound quality. They respond very well to equalization, so if you feel like you're not getting enough bass out of them you can always boost the bass. I have a FiiO E11 and with the bass boost on 2 (a +6dB boost centered at 55 Hz), the bass is more than enough, unless you like to listen to nothing but bass and don't care if it drowns out the vocals and the details in the music. With an equalizer app on your phone you'll be able to boost the low end even more than that.
post #12 of 1210/1/13 at 11:48pm
- Will the Sony XB-700's work with a mobile phone? (Droid Charge)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Blue Shure 846 Mint Condition! 34 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › FS: GREEN Q701's! [Bass Mod] - $170 4 minutes ago
- › Can I DIY MMX300 replacement cable? 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear