- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
need help please - Page 2post #16 of 377/23/12 at 11:44pmThread StarterWell thankyou that might be something i buy in the future
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 377/26/12 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 377/26/12 at 9:17amQuote:
The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.post #19 of 377/26/12 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #20 of 377/26/12 at 11:31ampost #21 of 377/26/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #22 of 377/26/12 at 12:20pm
x2 for 580
Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one.
It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 377/26/12 at 12:28pmThread Starterpost #24 of 377/26/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #25 of 377/26/12 at 12:32pm
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all.post #26 of 377/26/12 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #27 of 377/26/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #28 of 377/26/12 at 12:41pm
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.
580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.
780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:43pmpost #29 of 377/26/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ibasso DX80 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 11 minutes ago
- › Headphone stands? 12 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 13 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2