- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
need help please - Page 2post #16 of 377/23/12 at 11:44pmThread StarterWell thankyou that might be something i buy in the future
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 377/26/12 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 377/26/12 at 9:17amQuote:
The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.post #19 of 377/26/12 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #20 of 377/26/12 at 11:31ampost #21 of 377/26/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #22 of 377/26/12 at 12:20pm
x2 for 580
Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one.
It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 377/26/12 at 12:28pmThread Starterpost #24 of 377/26/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #25 of 377/26/12 at 12:32pm
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all.post #26 of 377/26/12 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #27 of 377/26/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #28 of 377/26/12 at 12:41pm
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.
580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.
780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:43pmpost #29 of 377/26/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 10 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 23 seconds ago
- › Best in ear bass headphones ??? 28 seconds ago
- › Long time drifter looking for decent IEM 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Frequency response graph and EQ 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2