- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
need help please - Page 2post #16 of 377/23/12 at 11:44pmThread StarterWell thankyou that might be something i buy in the future
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 377/26/12 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 377/26/12 at 9:17amQuote:
The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.post #19 of 377/26/12 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #20 of 377/26/12 at 11:31ampost #21 of 377/26/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #22 of 377/26/12 at 12:20pm
x2 for 580
Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one.
It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 377/26/12 at 12:28pmThread Starterpost #24 of 377/26/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #25 of 377/26/12 at 12:32pm
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all.post #26 of 377/26/12 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #27 of 377/26/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #28 of 377/26/12 at 12:41pm
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.
580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.
780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:43pmpost #29 of 377/26/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 31 seconds ago
- › AURALiC VEGA DAC in perfect working and cosmetic condition 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 -Price Drop- 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K550 w/ Alpha Pads 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...