- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
need help please - Page 2post #16 of 377/23/12 at 11:44pmThread StarterWell thankyou that might be something i buy in the future
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 377/26/12 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 377/26/12 at 9:17amQuote:
The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.post #19 of 377/26/12 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #20 of 377/26/12 at 11:31ampost #21 of 377/26/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #22 of 377/26/12 at 12:20pm
x2 for 580
Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one.
It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 377/26/12 at 12:28pmThread Starterpost #24 of 377/26/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #25 of 377/26/12 at 12:32pm
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all.post #26 of 377/26/12 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #27 of 377/26/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #28 of 377/26/12 at 12:41pm
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.
580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.
780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:43pmpost #29 of 377/26/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › Excellent iPhone Space grey 64GB Verizon 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Apple Plans To Shut Down Beats Music 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)