- 51 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
need help please - Page 2post #16 of 377/23/12 at 11:44pmThread StarterWell thankyou that might be something i buy in the future
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 377/26/12 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 377/26/12 at 9:17amQuote:
The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.post #19 of 377/26/12 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #20 of 377/26/12 at 11:31ampost #21 of 377/26/12 at 12:12pmThread Starterpost #22 of 377/26/12 at 12:20pm
x2 for 580
Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one.
It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:24pmpost #23 of 377/26/12 at 12:28pmThread Starterpost #24 of 377/26/12 at 12:29pmThread Starterpost #25 of 377/26/12 at 12:32pm
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all.post #26 of 377/26/12 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #27 of 377/26/12 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #28 of 377/26/12 at 12:41pm
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.
580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.
780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 7/26/12 at 12:43pmpost #29 of 377/26/12 at 12:45pmQuote:
The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 30 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › [New & Rare?!] Sennheiser PXC 480 （will trade for th-x00 or variants） 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series... 5 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear