Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case if it would even improve sound quality? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
need help pleasepost #1 of 377/22/12 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 377/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #3 of 377/22/12 at 6:35pm
That all depends. What kind of music files are on your phone (I assume they're MP3). What bitrate are they at (128kbps, 320kbps, etc)? Do you hear any static coming through when you just plug regular earbuds into it? There's a lot of factors to consider.post #4 of 377/22/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I agree. The quality of the music is a huge factor. For instance, on YouTube videos, you can hear a noticeable difference between 360p and 1080p. Just saying...post #5 of 377/22/12 at 9:18pmThread Starterpost #6 of 377/22/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yes, it definitely matters. I'd just put some regular earbuds in your ears in a quiet room and give a listen to the phone without any music playing. If you can hear a lot of static, it's probably not worth getting something high-end. If it's relatively noise-free, it means that your phone likely has a decent DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside it and can produce passable sound quality, in which case the investment is worth it.post #7 of 377/22/12 at 10:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 377/22/12 at 10:22pm
You should be fine then. Your only possible issue is if your phone would be a little on the weak side to properly power a good pair of headphones. Something as simple as a cheap FiiO E6 will fix that up and give you multi-level bass boost to boot.post #9 of 377/23/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #10 of 377/23/12 at 4:11pm
If you want something bassy, it won't satisfy you at all. It's technically accurate, but its sound is not very involving.post #11 of 377/23/12 at 4:22pmpost #12 of 377/23/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #13 of 377/23/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
An amplifier, in its purest form, makes music louder. That's its original capacity, and that's what the E6 does. In addition, the E6 has two bass boost modes in which is amplifies the bass specifically to different levels above that of the other ranges, therefore achievign a bassier sound.
If and when you get into the upper echelons of hi-fi, amplifiers have another purpose aside from simply powering a pair of headphones to a difference volume, and each has its own unique sound signature. For your purposes, however, the E6 would simply make the music louder, boost bass if you want it, and better power the ATH-M50.post #14 of 377/23/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #15 of 377/23/12 at 8:52pm
They don't benefit much, but I'm not saying you should get the E6 for its amping capabilities. If you like bass, get it for the multiple bass boost settings on the cheap. Amplification is merely an aside there.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo Find 7 phone with Waves MaxxAudio DSP 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier #11567 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New DAP - Hidizs AP100 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Any Benefit With Purchasing an External DAC for my Audio Setup? 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250 OHM (Near Mint Condition) 7 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)