Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case if it would even improve sound quality? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
need help pleasepost #1 of 377/22/12 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 377/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #3 of 377/22/12 at 6:35pm
That all depends. What kind of music files are on your phone (I assume they're MP3). What bitrate are they at (128kbps, 320kbps, etc)? Do you hear any static coming through when you just plug regular earbuds into it? There's a lot of factors to consider.post #4 of 377/22/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I agree. The quality of the music is a huge factor. For instance, on YouTube videos, you can hear a noticeable difference between 360p and 1080p. Just saying...post #5 of 377/22/12 at 9:18pmThread Starterpost #6 of 377/22/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yes, it definitely matters. I'd just put some regular earbuds in your ears in a quiet room and give a listen to the phone without any music playing. If you can hear a lot of static, it's probably not worth getting something high-end. If it's relatively noise-free, it means that your phone likely has a decent DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside it and can produce passable sound quality, in which case the investment is worth it.post #7 of 377/22/12 at 10:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 377/22/12 at 10:22pm
You should be fine then. Your only possible issue is if your phone would be a little on the weak side to properly power a good pair of headphones. Something as simple as a cheap FiiO E6 will fix that up and give you multi-level bass boost to boot.post #9 of 377/23/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #10 of 377/23/12 at 4:11pm
If you want something bassy, it won't satisfy you at all. It's technically accurate, but its sound is not very involving.post #11 of 377/23/12 at 4:22pmpost #12 of 377/23/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #13 of 377/23/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
An amplifier, in its purest form, makes music louder. That's its original capacity, and that's what the E6 does. In addition, the E6 has two bass boost modes in which is amplifies the bass specifically to different levels above that of the other ranges, therefore achievign a bassier sound.
If and when you get into the upper echelons of hi-fi, amplifiers have another purpose aside from simply powering a pair of headphones to a difference volume, and each has its own unique sound signature. For your purposes, however, the E6 would simply make the music louder, boost bass if you want it, and better power the ATH-M50.post #14 of 377/23/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #15 of 377/23/12 at 8:52pm
They don't benefit much, but I'm not saying you should get the E6 for its amping capabilities. If you like bass, get it for the multiple bass boost settings on the cheap. Amplification is merely an aside there.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited Edition (EU) 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 3 minutes ago
- › Jazz fusion recommendations... 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2