Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case if it would even improve sound quality? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
need help pleasepost #1 of 377/22/12 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 377/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #3 of 377/22/12 at 6:35pm
That all depends. What kind of music files are on your phone (I assume they're MP3). What bitrate are they at (128kbps, 320kbps, etc)? Do you hear any static coming through when you just plug regular earbuds into it? There's a lot of factors to consider.post #4 of 377/22/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I agree. The quality of the music is a huge factor. For instance, on YouTube videos, you can hear a noticeable difference between 360p and 1080p. Just saying...post #5 of 377/22/12 at 9:18pmThread Starterpost #6 of 377/22/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yes, it definitely matters. I'd just put some regular earbuds in your ears in a quiet room and give a listen to the phone without any music playing. If you can hear a lot of static, it's probably not worth getting something high-end. If it's relatively noise-free, it means that your phone likely has a decent DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside it and can produce passable sound quality, in which case the investment is worth it.post #7 of 377/22/12 at 10:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 377/22/12 at 10:22pm
You should be fine then. Your only possible issue is if your phone would be a little on the weak side to properly power a good pair of headphones. Something as simple as a cheap FiiO E6 will fix that up and give you multi-level bass boost to boot.post #9 of 377/23/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #10 of 377/23/12 at 4:11pm
If you want something bassy, it won't satisfy you at all. It's technically accurate, but its sound is not very involving.post #11 of 377/23/12 at 4:22pmpost #12 of 377/23/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #13 of 377/23/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
An amplifier, in its purest form, makes music louder. That's its original capacity, and that's what the E6 does. In addition, the E6 has two bass boost modes in which is amplifies the bass specifically to different levels above that of the other ranges, therefore achievign a bassier sound.
If and when you get into the upper echelons of hi-fi, amplifiers have another purpose aside from simply powering a pair of headphones to a difference volume, and each has its own unique sound signature. For your purposes, however, the E6 would simply make the music louder, boost bass if you want it, and better power the ATH-M50.post #14 of 377/23/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #15 of 377/23/12 at 8:52pm
They don't benefit much, but I'm not saying you should get the E6 for its amping capabilities. If you like bass, get it for the multiple bass boost settings on the cheap. Amplification is merely an aside there.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Plussound Audio Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon amp (first run) W/ Rubber Feet and... 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear