Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case if it would even improve sound quality? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
need help pleasepost #1 of 377/22/12 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 377/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #3 of 377/22/12 at 6:35pm
That all depends. What kind of music files are on your phone (I assume they're MP3). What bitrate are they at (128kbps, 320kbps, etc)? Do you hear any static coming through when you just plug regular earbuds into it? There's a lot of factors to consider.post #4 of 377/22/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I agree. The quality of the music is a huge factor. For instance, on YouTube videos, you can hear a noticeable difference between 360p and 1080p. Just saying...post #5 of 377/22/12 at 9:18pmThread Starterpost #6 of 377/22/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yes, it definitely matters. I'd just put some regular earbuds in your ears in a quiet room and give a listen to the phone without any music playing. If you can hear a lot of static, it's probably not worth getting something high-end. If it's relatively noise-free, it means that your phone likely has a decent DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside it and can produce passable sound quality, in which case the investment is worth it.post #7 of 377/22/12 at 10:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 377/22/12 at 10:22pm
You should be fine then. Your only possible issue is if your phone would be a little on the weak side to properly power a good pair of headphones. Something as simple as a cheap FiiO E6 will fix that up and give you multi-level bass boost to boot.post #9 of 377/23/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #10 of 377/23/12 at 4:11pm
If you want something bassy, it won't satisfy you at all. It's technically accurate, but its sound is not very involving.post #11 of 377/23/12 at 4:22pmpost #12 of 377/23/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #13 of 377/23/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
An amplifier, in its purest form, makes music louder. That's its original capacity, and that's what the E6 does. In addition, the E6 has two bass boost modes in which is amplifies the bass specifically to different levels above that of the other ranges, therefore achievign a bassier sound.
If and when you get into the upper echelons of hi-fi, amplifiers have another purpose aside from simply powering a pair of headphones to a difference volume, and each has its own unique sound signature. For your purposes, however, the E6 would simply make the music louder, boost bass if you want it, and better power the ATH-M50.post #14 of 377/23/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #15 of 377/23/12 at 8:52pm
They don't benefit much, but I'm not saying you should get the E6 for its amping capabilities. If you like bass, get it for the multiple bass boost settings on the cheap. Amplification is merely an aside there.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Matrix X-Sabre ESS9018 Dac with DSD support LIKE NEW [SHIPPING... 9 seconds ago
- › ESW10JPN broken gimbal 11 seconds ago
- › 7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ 47 seconds ago
- › Where can i buy some Futuresonic Atrio M5/MG7? UK 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Replacemnet for Westone W40 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Help! I need a pair of good quality cans that I can use with... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)