Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case if it would even improve sound quality? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/22/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/24/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 7/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 429 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 7/24/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 7/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 7/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700s vs ATH m50s Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are best? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a decent pair of headphones Last post on 7/29/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to find a good set of cans! Last post on 8/16/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
need help pleasepost #1 of 377/22/12 at 4:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 377/22/12 at 5:04pmpost #3 of 377/22/12 at 6:35pm
That all depends. What kind of music files are on your phone (I assume they're MP3). What bitrate are they at (128kbps, 320kbps, etc)? Do you hear any static coming through when you just plug regular earbuds into it? There's a lot of factors to consider.post #4 of 377/22/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I agree. The quality of the music is a huge factor. For instance, on YouTube videos, you can hear a noticeable difference between 360p and 1080p. Just saying...post #5 of 377/22/12 at 9:18pmThread Starterpost #6 of 377/22/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
Yes, it definitely matters. I'd just put some regular earbuds in your ears in a quiet room and give a listen to the phone without any music playing. If you can hear a lot of static, it's probably not worth getting something high-end. If it's relatively noise-free, it means that your phone likely has a decent DAC (digital-to-analog converter) inside it and can produce passable sound quality, in which case the investment is worth it.post #7 of 377/22/12 at 10:11pmThread Starterpost #8 of 377/22/12 at 10:22pm
You should be fine then. Your only possible issue is if your phone would be a little on the weak side to properly power a good pair of headphones. Something as simple as a cheap FiiO E6 will fix that up and give you multi-level bass boost to boot.post #9 of 377/23/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #10 of 377/23/12 at 4:11pm
If you want something bassy, it won't satisfy you at all. It's technically accurate, but its sound is not very involving.post #11 of 377/23/12 at 4:22pmpost #12 of 377/23/12 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #13 of 377/23/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
An amplifier, in its purest form, makes music louder. That's its original capacity, and that's what the E6 does. In addition, the E6 has two bass boost modes in which is amplifies the bass specifically to different levels above that of the other ranges, therefore achievign a bassier sound.
If and when you get into the upper echelons of hi-fi, amplifiers have another purpose aside from simply powering a pair of headphones to a difference volume, and each has its own unique sound signature. For your purposes, however, the E6 would simply make the music louder, boost bass if you want it, and better power the ATH-M50.post #14 of 377/23/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #15 of 377/23/12 at 8:52pm
They don't benefit much, but I'm not saying you should get the E6 for its amping capabilities. If you like bass, get it for the multiple bass boost settings on the cheap. Amplification is merely an aside there.
- need help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 6 seconds ago
- › Wireless over-ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 vs MEE Pinnacle P1? 10 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 10 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...