lol! nothing to contribute, just can't stop laughing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598 or 595 or 558 (or maybe AT AD700)? Last post on 2/19/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 or HD 595 for same price Last post on 10/10/11 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A little help/advice would be much appreciated for :(. Last post on 9/2/11 at 9:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hd595's died, need to replace with something new Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:20am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Are the Sennheisers HD598's worth the money? - Page 5post #61 of 831/27/13 at 4:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 831/27/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Schonen
Turns out I got an OK price on 598 so am now qualified to comment on dif between 595 and 598. I also happen to have KSC75 sitting right here beside me too so know for a fact you are FOS.
Anyway, dif between 595 and 598 is a subtle difference and nothing massive so all those claiming 598 are way better than 595 are also FOS. 598 are slighty better (clearer bass) but not worth the upgrade price if one already owns 595. I shoulda held out for HD650 IMO.
I have the HD-555, HD-558 and HD-600. Oh, along with the HE-400 by HifiMAN. In regards to the HD-555 / 595, I've found that they respond a bit nicely when some small mods are performed. Instead of performing the full HD-555 to HD-595 mod by removing the foam, I replaced it with a smaller piece of square craft felt with an adhesive back. The oval ring that the driver baffle screws into was dampened a bit by using new Newplast which provides a bit of damping to tighten the bass a bit. I'd be interested in seeing how close a modified HD-555 comes to the HD-598. I would have bought the HD-598 the other night instead of the HD-558, but I also had my new HD-600s awaiting me at home on Friday, so dropping another $70.00 didn't seem like the best move for me at the moment.
There are many merits of the HD-555 / 595 that should not be overlooked. They are still a good "all-around" performer and are comfortable headphones. I paid $30.00 for my HD-555 used on Craigslist a few weeks back.post #63 of 831/27/13 at 12:06pmpost #64 of 831/27/13 at 3:21pmpost #65 of 831/27/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
Sorry - prewarning - going OT ....
Hi Wayne - hope everything going well with you and yours. After you've had enough time to get used to the HD600, can you shoot me your impressions of the HD600 and HE-400? I trust your judgement - and so far whenever the topics come up regarding comparisons between either the HD600 or DT880 and the HE-400, it's generally degenerated into one or two HE-400 fan-boys drowning out everyone else. If you can spare the time - I'd really like to know your thoughts.
Thanks.post #66 of 831/27/13 at 4:52pmpost #67 of 831/27/13 at 8:25pm
While the graph is a good prop to back up a discussion point, I think we've all started to realize that graphs don't always equal a good listening experience. I've been burned too many times by just over-analyzing graphs.Quote:Originally Posted by Brooko
can you shoot me your impressions of the HD600 and HE-400? I trust your judgement - and so far whenever the topics come up regarding comparisons between either the HD600 or DT880 and the HE-400, it's generally degenerated into one or two HE-400 fan-boys drowning out everyone else. If you can spare the time - I'd really like to know your thoughts.
Yes, I'll be glad to share some points with you in the next day or so. It's too bad that there are times when others can get over-zealous, and over-bearing because they have "collateral" in their own headphones.
I always like to think that all headphones are good. The question then is, is the headphone good enough for me to keep.post #68 of 831/27/13 at 9:18pmpost #69 of 831/28/13 at 1:17amQuote:
It's all subjective. Whether 10% or 90% agree that the Beyerdynamic 990 has great bass, it's still only the person's opinion as to whether "they" would like the headphones or not. There are plenty of headphones that I've tried which have great bass, but I'd never buy any of them. Why, you ask? Because, while the bass may have been quite good, there were other issues that took away from an enjoyable listening experience. It may have been other frequency issues, or it may have even been comfort. See? We're all different. We hear different. We experience comfort differently and we all listen to many varieties of music.
I'm not picking on the Beyerdynamic 990. However, I am responding to your recent comment on the bass which was interjected into this thread. It's actually pretty amazing that the thread started off as a Sennheiser HD-598 thread, but was derailed quickly as so many other headphones were talked about.
Edited by wje - 1/28/13 at 1:19ampost #70 of 831/28/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Now you're picking on me---like a 600 lb gorilla with headphones on.post #71 of 831/28/13 at 6:52pmpost #72 of 831/28/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Even with Sennheiser's MAP they have still been going for $205 on amazon for a while. I bought the 595's about a year and a half ago for $150 and just recently sent them back to senn because the headband crack was getting really bad. They sent me a pair of manufacturer refurbished 598's but I think they are still great headphones for $205. I don't think I would be disappointed if I had bought them new for $205.
Edited by Dillont3 - 1/28/13 at 7:40pmpost #73 of 831/28/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Whoa, I've never seen such a large picture of myself. I need to do something with those wrinkles under my eyes.post #74 of 831/28/13 at 9:23pmQuote:
Or even $210, eh? You old spendthrift, you.Quote:
Don't worry, you look lovely to me.post #75 of 832/2/13 at 12:17pm
I've read that using a better cable than the one provided by Sennheiser makes a world of difference.
I'm a musician and have got 3-4 Monster Cables from Guitar Center.
Would one of these suffice, or would you guys recommend something else?
nvm, the 2 ends of the cable are different sizes.
Edited by chimmycham - 2/2/13 at 7:25pm
- Are the Sennheisers HD598's worth the money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Need help moving up from ER4S (I like that sound) to proper closed... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 vs DT880 3 minutes ago
- › With headphones can two supersonic tones (say 30k and 33K) at high... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi