Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it? - Page 4

post #46 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

 

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

 

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio: http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609073&mode=product&product=12596470 and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

 

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

 

 

Oops, sorry Ken. Didn't mean to do that to you. :P

post #47 of 197

SO I got some SM3v2's to test this cable with instead :D Hopefully all will go well!

post #48 of 197
I don't have IEMs but that's a very noble thing to do, project, to give people a chance to listen to it.
post #49 of 197

Let me know when you send it. I was hoping to have it and do a small review before school starts, but we're getting closer and closer to that point. if it's going to ship and not get to me with a week before school starts I rather it pass me over since I dont know how much time i'll have at the beginning of a semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 

post #50 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post

 

No, I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I still have it =/

 

I was graciously given a review sample cable by BTG-Audio and figured I'd do some last minute comparisons before I sent the cable out to you.  Once again I'm sorry for the wait but I figured I owed project86 a more thorough in depth review considering I've had the cable for so long. 

 

A few things came up in life but now I can finally focus. I do promise to finally get it out to you this week Kenman. 


I was offered a sample cable to review (not a freebie to keep) by BTG-Audio, too, and I gladly accepted, but then I got a message a few weeks later about there not being enough available for review but I could buy one if I wanted. Less than gracious experience on this end, but life goes on.

 

Edit: BTG-Audio was apparently swamped with orders at the time and wasn't able to ship one out to Vietnam when I told him I was ready for it. Having re-read our correspondence, he really didn't slight me in any way - business for him picked up suddenly and it just wasn't an ideal time for him. He has kindly offered to get one out to me some other time which is more convenient for him and his business. I have to say that his website is very appealing. He doesn't make any claims about cables changing the sound and seems to not believe in that theory at all. There's so much debate about it, so it's nice that somebody with some skin in the game is basically saying: "I make very very good custom cables and I refuse to tell you that they will magically transform the sound of your headphones. They look very nice, the build quality is top notch, and the ergonomics are excellent - that's all you will get from my cables." Basically, he has taken a stand that is quite contrary to many builders and for that, I respect him. This may translate into lower sales since he's not describing their sound-changing qualities the way an oenophile describes wine (notes of graphite and dark currant with a finish that hints of leather and camphor...).


Edited by doublea71 - 8/26/12 at 3:22am
post #51 of 197

Is this cable ever getting sent anywhere? it's been a week since my last post asking the same thing..

 

EDIT: Not trying to complain. Just seems like something that seems like a great idea and helpful to the community is getting forgotten about and it seems like their are a lot of people waiting for a cable that even the first person hasnt gotten. 


Edited by kenman345 - 8/29/12 at 5:29pm
post #52 of 197

Try to message the person who has it now and see what they say.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #53 of 197

Whoever is after me, please PM Poetik. It's taking a bit too long to get the cable and I start school next week, so I do not know at this time how much time I will have to devote to reviewing/giving impressions on the cable in question. I was looking forward to this cable, guess I'll have to wait though.

post #54 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Whoever is after me, please PM Poetik. It's taking a bit too long to get the cable and I start school next week, so I do not know at this time how much time I will have to devote to reviewing/giving impressions on the cable in question. I was looking forward to this cable, guess I'll have to wait though.

Same here, I start school soon. But still really interested in seeing how this cable performs heard many good things about it.

post #55 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjt93 View Post

Same here, I start school soon. But still really interested in seeing how this cable performs heard many good things about it.

They are all lies. biggrin.gif

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #56 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post

They are all lies. biggrin.gif

I hope not, because I'm debating whether to buy it now or wait and try it out first. tongue_smile.gif

post #57 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjt93 View Post

I hope not, because I'm debating whether to buy it now or wait and try it out first. tongue_smile.gif

Wait till you try it, it's always best to try a cable first when possible, before purchase.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #58 of 197
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the holdup everyone, I'll have to pm Poetik again and see what the deal is. I can understand delays due to personal stuff but at some point it gets a little ridiculous.
post #59 of 197

I should be next after kenman, and can be flexible with when I receive the cable/the amount of time I spend with it. Once we figure out what's happening to Poetik, I'll try and keep things moving along more smoothly.

post #60 of 197

Ive talked to Poetik earlier in the day. if you're next, message him your information so we can get things happening. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyl View Post

I should be next after kenman, and can be flexible with when I receive the cable/the amount of time I spend with it. Once we figure out what's happening to Poetik, I'll try and keep things moving along more smoothly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?