Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it? - Page 11

post #151 of 197

Things happen, i am sure the cable will turn up, if not it is just a cable and i will replace John's cable.

 

Unfortunately, i am completely out of the SP, i thought i had another bundle as i had 300 SP cables made in the first batch, but it seems i was wrong and that bundle is actually Vipers.

 

The few that i do have left are already sold and i expect a new batch in about 5 weeks, so no more SP IEM cables currently being sold. When they do arrive, maybe we can keep this going.

 

In the meantime, if you would like a Silver Widow IEM cable instead for yourself, John, do let me know. It's my latest stranded OCC Silver/Gold Type 2 Litz cable.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #152 of 197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Things happen, i am sure the cable will turn up, if not it is just a cable and i will replace John's cable.

 

Unfortunately, i am completely out of the SP, i thought i had another bundle as i had 300 SP cables made in the first batch, but it seems i was wrong and that bundle is actually Vipers.

 

The few that i do have left are already sold and i expect a new batch in about 5 weeks, so no more SP IEM cables currently being sold. When they do arrive, maybe we can keep this going.

 

In the meantime, if you would like a Silver Widow IEM cable instead for yourself, John, do let me know. It's my latest stranded OCC Silver/Gold Type 2 Litz cable.

 

 

Frank, you have my attention now....

post #153 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

 

Frank, you have my attention now....

Amazing cable John, probably the best IEM cable i have heard to date. It is a little thicker then my other IEM cables.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #154 of 197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Amazing cable John, probably the best IEM cable i have heard to date. It is a little thicker then my other IEM cables.

 

Definitely interested.

 

As I think I've told you in the past - I don't really use nice IEM cables when I'm on the go. I already worry about loss or damage to my expensive CIEMs, so a nice cable just makes it that much worse. 

 

At home, on my reference setup, it doesn't matter how thick the cable might be. 

post #155 of 197

I will make one up for you with the next batch of IEM cables i make, will contact you once it is ready. biggrin.gif 

Please do bear with me, as you might know, i am very busy with orders currently.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #156 of 197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

I will make one up for you with the next batch of IEM cables i make, will contact you once it is ready. biggrin.gif

Please do bear with me, as you might know, i am very busy with orders currently.

 

You're the best Frank!

 

No rush, I'm super busy too so I'm all tied up just like you. 

post #157 of 197

Whatever happened to this? Seemed like a nice community idea and now it's been dead it would appear.

post #158 of 197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Whatever happened to this? Seemed like a nice community idea and now it's been dead it would appear.

 

 

User yjt93 had the cable shipped to him and then disappeared. He appears to have left the country as far as we can tell. So the Silver Poison is gone. Thankfully, Frank has offered to replace it for me (class act!) so all is not lost. 

 

I probably could have done a better job of vetting the participants. But yjt93 had been to a meet and seemed like an enthusiastic participant around here so I gave him a chance - it's no fun to only have senior members involved. Oh well. 

 

I'll edit the front page to reflect the status.

post #159 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

User yjt93 had the cable shipped to him and then disappeared. He appears to have left the country as far as we can tell. So the Silver Poison is gone. Thankfully, Frank has offered to replace it for me (class act!) so all is not lost. 

 

I probably could have done a better job of vetting the participants. But yjt93 had been to a meet and seemed like an enthusiastic participant around here so I gave him a chance - it's no fun to only have senior members involved. Oh well. 

 

I'll edit the front page to reflect the status.

In hindsight, this post from him is kinda amusing.... No one would've guessed.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjt93 View Post

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but I don't know how it can take someone 2 weeks to get an impression of a cable, it'll take me like 2 or 3 days max.

post #160 of 197
Thread Starter 

Yep, pretty funny. I do think that was a serious comment at the time - read some of his old posts and he seems like a genuine guy. But obviously something happened and he either decided the cable was super nice and he would disappear with it, or more likely he had something else going on and just never bothered to come back. 

 

We speculate that he was a student attending school here, and went back home overseas for a break. Maybe something happened and he couldn't attend any longer? Or no Visa to get back here? Even so, they have the internet most places so there's no excuse for not updating. 


Edited by project86 - 3/2/13 at 3:25pm
post #161 of 197

He apparently was on December 3rd 2012. A real shame. I hope in the future we can continue with programs like this. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Yep, pretty funny. I do think that was a serious comment at the time - read some of his old posts and he seems like a genuine guy. But obviously something happened and he either decided the cable was super nice and he would disappear with it, or more likely he had something else going on and just never bothered to come back. 

 

We speculate that he was a student attending school here, and went back home overseas for a break. Maybe something happened and he couldn't attend any longer? Or no Visa to get back here? Even so, they have the internet most places so there's no excuse for not updating. 

post #162 of 197

Sad to see this awesome project derailed especially since project86/Frank/Toxic are some of the coolest people around here. Glad to see Frank is gonna hook it up (even though Ive heard he is massively swamped right now with orders, with good reason I presume). I hope this one instance of extreme DBness doesn't kill future endeavors like this. And it just had to happen when I was next in line biggrin.giffrown.gif.


Edited by alv4426 - 3/2/13 at 3:48pm
post #163 of 197
Thread Starter 

I had success with sending a few other things around in the past - $1200 worth of DAC/amp/cables and it made it back to me in perfect shape (probably cleaner than when I sent it!) So I'm not gonna let a little thing like this stop me. I'll just have to be a little more careful about who I send to. But if something gets lost or stolen, then no big deal - I wouldn't send it in the first place if I wasn't prepared for that possibility.

post #164 of 197

So how would the sound of the silver 1% gold be affected if this wire were used for signal, and OCC Cryoed pure copper were used for the ground returns?  Has anyone even tried this and compared to a full four wire silver 1% gold cable?

post #165 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Sad to see this awesome project derailed especially since project86/Frank/Toxic are some of the coolest people around here. Glad to see Frank is gonna hook it up (even though Ive heard he is massively swamped right now with orders, with good reason I presume). I hope this one instance of extreme DBness doesn't kill future endeavors like this. And it just had to happen when I was next in line biggrin.giffrown.gif.

I am extremely busy currently and the SP IEM cables are also currently out of stock and i have no firm date for delivery, but the wires are now with my overmoulder.

 

Once the new batch comes it, if anyone is still interested, we can give this another go, and i will send out another cable. 


Edited by Toxic Cables - 3/3/13 at 2:28pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Poison custom IEM cable - wanna borrow it?